The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Nov 23, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #1,111 of 9,815
so anyone else get thier klipsch image ones from a few pages back from taht ebay seller for $30?

I got mine and I have to say they sound pretty mediocre, im ok with them for 30 but I can't imagine dropping 100 on these. Im wondering if maybe they're fakes. 

Nov 23, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #1,112 of 9,815
I watched some really good deals go by last year as online retailers excluded overseas buyers. I'm all set this time with a parcel forwarding company. Hoping to pounce on some iem's.

Nov 23, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #1,113 of 9,815

Quote:
so anyone else get thier klipsch image ones from a few pages back from taht ebay seller for $30?

I got mine and I have to say they sound pretty mediocre, im ok with them for 30 but I can't imagine dropping 100 on these. Im wondering if maybe they're fakes. 

I picked up a pair for the heck of it.  While I was initially skeptical,  I'd be shocked to find out they're fakes now that I've got one in front of me.  The actual construction is well done (including storage case) and I can't find a single telltale sign of mine not being legitimate.  What I'm hearing also matches up well with the headroom FR graph:  exaggerated bass, recessed mids, and an early roll off of the highs.  It's likely you're just not impressed with the sound, but they're definitely not too shabby for $30, especially as a gift to someone who won't be bothered by the sonics.  
tongue.gif

Nov 23, 2011 at 8:30 AM Post #1,114 of 9,815
How are In-Ear Sennheiser CX 300s and CX 500s ?
My cousin is looking for some decent sound and 300s will be in lightning deal today and 500s seem to be $23 only.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001RNO8ZC?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX-500-B-Stereo-Headphone/dp/B000VRBLMS/ref=sr_1_4?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1322055011&sr=1-4

Nov 23, 2011 at 9:13 AM Post #1,115 of 9,815

Quote:
How are In-Ear Sennheiser CX 300s and CX 500s ?
My cousin is looking for some decent sound and 300s will be in lightning deal today and 500s seem to be $23 only.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001RNO8ZC?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX-500-B-Stereo-Headphone/dp/B000VRBLMS/ref=sr_1_4?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1322055011&sr=1-4

They're ok, but bass-heavy.  I've had the 500s, and I liked them while I had them, but I always thought the bass was a little bloated.  If your cousin likes bass, they're pretty good for the price.

Nov 23, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #1,116 of 9,815

Quote:
I watched some really good deals go by last year as online retailers excluded overseas buyers. I'm all set this time with a parcel forwarding company. Hoping to pounce on some iem's.

Sony EX-600 for $127 (normally $200) at Electronics Expo with the coupon code EARLYGIVING (it works on other things as well) through today, if that's what you're looking for.  Amazon has some lightning deals on MEElectronics and Sennheiser buds coming up today as well.  You might want to keep an eye on the IEM and Portables deals thread as well.

Nov 23, 2011 at 9:51 AM Post #1,117 of 9,815
Another heads up on some of the Amazon sales today...

Case Logic 352 CD Case (I need one of these things desperately so I'll probably get one)
M-Audio Keystation 49 & 61 (If anyone around here wants to get a midi keyboard to start with now is the time. They're fun)
Monster Power Products (I know a lot of us aren't fans of Monster around here but if your gear isn't protected you're dumb (IMO). Get one)

Nov 23, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #1,121 of 9,815
I know but at least it's (some) protection. A lot of their models are reliable though. I use Furman conditioners, but I have friends that have had some Monster stuff for years and it's still rockin'.

Quote:
Just as a warning, Monster power products have a reputation for premature (and for the power conditioners, sometimes terrific) failure.

Nov 23, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #1,122 of 9,815
Yeah.  I have a cheap Monster surge protector I picked up 5 years ago and it's still going strong with the surge protection light still lit.

I just wanted to throw that out there before someone drops $500+ on a Monster power conditioner without seeing all the 1 and 2 star reviews on Amazon for units that failed spectacularly.

Btw, any guesses on how cheap Fostex T50RPs might get through Black Friday?  The cheapest I'm seeing is $74.

Nov 23, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #1,123 of 9,815
Oh god no. I mean the stuff they're putting on sale. Like...$120 max. lol

I'm considering 2 Brick Wall units to replace my Furmans when I get more of my gear...We'll see how it goes but everyone needs protection. 

Quote:
Yeah.  I have a cheap Monster surge protector I picked up 5 years ago and it's still going strong with the surge protection light still lit.

I just wanted to throw that out there before someone drops $500+ on a Monster power conditioner without seeing all the 1 and 2 star reviews on Amazon for units that failed spectacularly.

Btw, any guesses on how cheap Fostex T50RPs might get through Black Friday?  The cheapest I'm seeing is $74.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back