The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Nov 21, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #1,096 of 9,815
Back to Black is going on sale in 12 minutes or so and I'll probably go for that one. That'll be it today. Might look into Pulp Fiction on Blu-Ray, but meh.

EDIT: $9 is too much for a so called 'Lightning Deal' on a CD. It's normally only $14. I'll just wait to find a gently used one at a local store.

Nov 21, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #1,097 of 9,815
Nov 21, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #1,099 of 9,815
Not sure if this is a good price, but I'll post it anyway, just in case someone is looking.

Sennheiser 380 Pro $149
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-380-Pro-Collapsible-Professional/dp/B001UE6I0G?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals

Nov 21, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #1,103 of 9,815

Quote:
Any word of and Black Friday sales at Headroom or other headphone related retailers?  Or, have they not really had any sales in past years?

Total Bithead (portable amp+DAC) is on sale for $129 at Headroom. Tempted to buy one since I use my Airhead so much.
Best portable amp I ever owned.

Nov 22, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #1,105 of 9,815
Quote:
There's at least one ATH-ESW9A left on Warehouse Deals @ $108.33 in Used-Good condition. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0030O0Q2U/sr=1-398/qid=1321764409/ref=olp_tab_used?ie=UTF8&coliid=&me=&qid=1321764409&sr=1-398&seller=&colid=&condition=used

For anyone considering jumping on an Amazon Warehouse deal in the future: These just arrived today, and overall I'm very satisfied with the purchase from an initial condition/value perspective.  I had previously purchased a pair of DT770s in Used-Very Good condition from Warehouse Deals, and those were absolutely flawless, did not even appear to have been opened.  The ESW9As are in pretty good shape, but there is a small scuff or mark on the right wood cup, and the packaging had obviously been previously opened.  Otherwise, they're in great shape.  I haven't had a chance to listen to them out of anything but my phone since a 1/4" adapter was not included, but for $108 I'd absolutely make the purchase again.  If you're the type that will be bothered by small cosmetic imperfections, Used-Good condition might not be the best for you, but I had great results with Used-Very Good.  Just hoping to give folks who might be considering a Warehouse Deal in the future a little perspective on condition ratings and what I actually ended up with.

tl;dr- I'm 2 for 2 on Warehouse Deals

Nov 22, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #1,107 of 9,815

Quote:
For anyone considering jumping on an Amazon Warehouse deal in the future: These just arrived today, and overall I'm very satisfied with the purchase from an initial condition/value perspective.  I had previously purchased a pair of DT770s in Used-Very Good condition from Warehouse Deals, and those were absolutely flawless, did not even appear to have been opened.  The ESW9As are in pretty good shape, but there is a small scuff or mark on the right wood cup, and the packaging had obviously been previously opened.  Otherwise, they're in great shape.  I haven't had a chance to listen to them out of anything but my phone since a 1/4" adapter was not included, but for $108 I'd absolutely make the purchase again.  If you're the type that will be bothered by small cosmetic imperfections, Used-Good condition might not be the best for you, but I had great results with Used-Very Good.  Just hoping to give folks who might be considering a Warehouse Deal in the future a little perspective on condition ratings and what I actually ended up with.

tl;dr- I'm 2 for 2 on Warehouse Deals

Ruthless Vermin - Do you know for sure that the ESW9As are legit? I also ordered them from the Warehouse Deals and that was the only thing I was worried about, due to the high number of EWS9 fakes.

Nov 22, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #1,108 of 9,815
Quote:
Ruthless Vermin - Do you know for sure that the ESW9As are legit? I also ordered them from the Warehouse Deals and that was the only thing I was worried about, due to the high number of EWS9 fakes.

I cannot say with certainty, having not seen/handled a known genuine pair, but based solely on my impressions of the quality of the construction and materials, I'd bet an additional $108 that they're legitimate.  All the little details are right, the leather on the pads and the headband is way too nice for a fake, the swiveling joint thingy is much smoother and sturdier than I'd expect a knockoff to be, etc.  Heck, the pads are much better quality than those on my W1000Xs (which I realize are pleather, just saying).  Beyond that, my understanding is that Warehouse Deals are going to be only items that are returned to Amazon after being purchased directly from Amazon, which gives me an additional level of confidence. Ultimately, if these are fake, they're fakes I'd pay $108 for, but I'm as certain as I can be having not seen real ones that they're legitimate.

Nov 22, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #1,110 of 9,815

Quote:
I cannot say with certainty, having not seen/handled a known genuine pair, but based solely on my impressions of the quality of the construction and materials, I'd bet an additional $108 that they're legitimate.  All the little details are right, the leather on the pads and the headband is way too nice for a fake, the swiveling joint thingy is much smoother and sturdier than I'd expect a knockoff to be, etc.  Heck, the pads are much better quality than those on my W1000Xs (which I realize are pleather, just saying).  Beyond that, my understanding is that Warehouse Deals are going to be only items that are returned to Amazon after being purchased directly from Amazon, which gives me an additional level of confidence. Ultimately, if these are fake, they're fakes I'd pay $108 for, but I'm as certain as I can be having not seen real ones that they're legitimate.

That's good to know. The $108 seemed too good to be true, but I guess I got lucky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back