The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Feb 3, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #211 of 9,815

Quote:
I Called J&R and am able to get the Denon D2000 for 189.99.  Killer deal but I haven't had a chance to listen to these yet to see if I like the sound and I don't know how they feel with glasses (I would like to be able to were them through out the work day with comfort).  Any Suggestion....Should I pull the trigger and buy them

how are you guys getting these prices?

Feb 3, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #212 of 9,815

Quote:
Quote:
I Called J&R and am able to get the Denon D2000 for 189.99.  Killer deal but I haven't had a chance to listen to these yet to see if I like the sound and I don't know how they feel with glasses (I would like to be able to were them through out the work day with comfort).  Any Suggestion....Should I pull the trigger and buy them

You have to call J&R and they will tell you the actual price that they are selling them for.  They may even be willing to drop the price even more if you ask.

Feb 3, 2011 at 10:10 AM Post #213 of 9,815

Quote:

So I called J&R one more time to see if they would come down any more and the told me 187.00 (with free shipping).  Even though its only a 3 buck difference I pulled the trigger and placed my order.  I hope my glasses and these cans will get along.  Anyone have a killer deal for an amp now?

Feb 3, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #214 of 9,815
just ordered the d2000's for 195 no shipping, and the m50 for 120 (back ordered), both pairs are going to be my first high quality headphone, i plan on using the denon for home use and the m50 for on the go. can anyone suggest an amp to go with the d2000 im very new here so i dont know much about amps other than what i read but if anyone has a quick suggestion id appreciate it, prefer not to spend over 100 for the amp. thanks in advance!

called that number on the previous page (J and W) thx for the number

haha just noticed guy above me got them for 187, i tried to get them for 189.99 but he wouldnt budge off 200 but then when i said i was buying the m50 too he dropped it down 5 bux, whatever either way i think its a solid deal for those bad boys

Feb 3, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #217 of 9,815
Not sure if this was posted yet.  Sorry if it is a repeat.

Feb 3, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #218 of 9,815

Quote:
Quote:

Just be nice to them. I bought the HD 650 for $329.00 with free shipping without any negotiation. Thump up for CSR @ J & R.

The promo LS0135 helps save me some $$$ at Electronic Expo:  Shure SHr 440 for $ 67.00 and the Senn HD 558 for $116.00 .

Feb 4, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #219 of 9,815

Quote:
 Just be nice to them. I bought the HD 650 for $329.00 with free shipping without any negotiation. Thump up for CSR @ J & R.

Yes!

I called them to see if they would match a price I saw online for Coby CV185s (cheapies for my kids). The customer service rep verified the online price and then cut me a better deal: I ended up getting 3 of them for $21 total shipped.    Needless to say, I'll do business with them again!

Feb 5, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #220 of 9,815

Quote:

Quote:

Yes!

I called them to see if they would match a price I saw online for Coby CV185s (cheapies for my kids). The customer service rep verified the online price and then cut me a better deal: I ended up getting 3 of them for $21 total shipped.    Needless to say, I'll do business with them again!

I am happy for you. I was going to order the ATH-M50 from B & H for  $119.00 but I am going to check with J & R first. Even if it costs a bit more , I will buy from J & R. The deal is B & H had it for $109 last couple  weeks but they were out of stock. When they have the M 50 in stock a few days ago, their price was jacked up to$159.00 plus shipping. I called and the CSR abruptly gave a "NO" deal and a it- is- what- it- is attitude. Even though I have been dealt with B &H for a while due to the fact that they are a reputable dealer but there is more than one way to say "No" to the customers. 

Feb 7, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #222 of 9,815
just a heads up for anyone still interested in the denon ahd-2000 headphones. i called JandR customer service and was able to get one for 195 shipped. i inquired about the d5000 and he gave me a price of 429. amazon has it for 399.99.

amazon has the ahd2000 for 349.99 and im wondering if the new stock is higher prices because of the exchange rate.

cause obviously jandr would not sell at a loss, so they must have alot of backstock on the ahd2000 from a previous lower price they bought stock from denon.

anyway enjoy. i should be getting mine by friday, i just hope its not defective and not a chinese ripoff fake. 

Feb 8, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #224 of 9,815
20% off headphones at insound.com. Mostly fashion headphones, but the lowest price I could find on the TMA-1 ($160)  

Link

Feb 9, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #225 of 9,815

Quote:
just a heads up for anyone still interested in the denon ahd-2000 headphones. i called JandR customer service and was able to get one for 195 shipped. i inquired about the d5000 and he gave me a price of 429. amazon has it for 399.99.

amazon has the ahd2000 for 349.99 and im wondering if the new stock is higher prices because of the exchange rate.

cause obviously jandr would not sell at a loss, so they must have alot of backstock on the ahd2000 from a previous lower price they bought stock from denon.

anyway enjoy. i should be getting mine by friday, i just hope its not defective and not a chinese ripoff fake. 

Do not know abt dealer cost of HPs but speakers easily have 60% mark up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back