The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Nov 25, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #7,442 of 9,815
Quote:

You could easily get a better deal on an LCD-2 r2 by buying used on the FS forums here.

The LCD-2 has a more physical & visceral mid-range and bass than the T1, while the T1 could be considered more balanced-sounding (specifically, more treble quantity compared to the LCD-2) with a bigger soundstage. The LCD-2 is also very heavy and has a lot of clamping pressure - I've seen a lot of people complain about jaw or neck pain with it. The T1 is a lot lighter and not as much clamping pressure.

You need to factor in an amp (and possibly an appropriate-level DAC) too, if you don't already have one. The LCD-2 and T1 have very different amp requirements and I'd consider the Schiit Lyr the minimum for the LCD-2 and the Schiit Valhalla the minimum for the T1.

SoundEarphones also confirmed that you can't stack giftcards on purchases - i.e., you can buy two, but you can't use two when buying the item you want.

I have the T 1s and LCD-3s but demo'd the -2s for weeks before picking the -3s.  I considered the -2s and T 1 to be "equivalent" in quality, but they are very different in sound signature.  As Asr indicated, the LCD-s have a fuller, richer mid range, the T-1s have more energy in the top end.  Really comes down to listener preference for a particular sound. 

As to comfort, I actually find the LCD's more comfortable as long as it isn't warm in the house... those puppies are like big, soft earmuffs.  I don't mind the weight (I was a martial artist for 2 decades and lifted lots of weights...).  I actually find that the T 1s create more distinct pressure points on my head after a few hours... but that's why I have a second pair of headphones with a different set of pressure points (!), and I'm looking on this thread for super deals for more... C'mon Amazon, drop the price of the Koss ESPs below $600...

Nov 25, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #7,443 of 9,815
Quote:

Also on soundearphones, I'm pretty sure they charge "tax" as a way to compromise for their "free overnight shipping". I live in Ohio and I know for certain we don't have tax on online purchases, since I buy from amazon and newegg like atleast twice monthly. So.. I don't know where soundearphones is pulling their tax out of. At best you save ~$80 on he LCD-2's and they don't even offer the vegan pad options. I suppose if you're in the market for new LCD-2's and don't care for vegan pads its hard to fine a better deal. It's rather bs though since others have reported before during a similar promotion they allowed giftcards to stack and that they purchased LCD-2's for the $750 price point.

I think they just charged you tax because you're in Ohio and they are too (Cincinatti).  I bought a Burson Soloist off 'em on the Gizmodo deal and it was a flat $750... no more, no less.

Meanwhile, adding to the deals, I just got an email: "Monday November 26th, 2012 all Bottlehead products are 15% off! (except Zazzle flair)"

Nov 26, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #7,445 of 9,815
Quote:
amazon has hd650 for $399 plus $50 gift card
hd 600 $349 with $40 gift card
does anyone now the return policy of  headphones.com?  I just order the hd600 three days ago.

Quote:
Damn lol I feel like I should cancel my m 100 order and pick up a pair of hd 600s instead :O

Me who hesitated lost... back up to $439 with the $50 card... still not bad, but not enough to lure me away from the eventual deal that I absolutely know must be coming on the ESP-950s... I hope...

Nov 26, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #7,446 of 9,815
Quote:
I think they just charged you tax because you're in Ohio and they are too (Cincinatti).  I bought a Burson Soloist off 'em on the Gizmodo deal and it was a flat $750... no more, no less.

Meanwhile, adding to the deals, I just got an email: "Monday November 26th, 2012 all Bottlehead products are 15% off! (except Zazzle flair)"

Yeah I see no tax on something to another state now.. dumb as heck. I guess if I ordered from them I'd have it shipped to a friend in a state that isn't here and have them bring it back for me whenever they're on break..

Nov 26, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #7,447 of 9,815
Quote:
Yeah I see no tax on something to another state now.. dumb as heck. I guess if I ordered from them I'd have it shipped to a friend in a state that isn't here and have them bring it back for me whenever they're on break..

Be happy if it's just them.  Being in California, I've had to deal with tax on California-based retailers (like Newegg) for a while now... and as of a couple of months ago, some like Amazon as well.

Nov 26, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #7,448 of 9,815
Quote:
amazon has hd650 for $399 plus $50 gift card
hd 600 $349 with $40 gift card
does anyone now the return policy of  headphones.com?  I just order the hd600 three days ago.

I posted this above, but one can do better with the HD600's.

Got mine for $330 (plus a $50 ebay gift card) from Razordogdeals on Ebay.
Use the MAKE OFFER button to make a reasonable offer  for the HD600's (as stated, you also get a $50 Ebay gift card).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sennheiser-HD-600-Audiophile-Headphones-NEW-BONUS-FREE-50-eBay-GIFT-CARD-/200853685684?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item2ec3d005b4

Nov 26, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #7,449 of 9,815
$945 Beyerdynamic T1 Tesla at Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-T1-Audiofile-Stereo-Headphone/dp/B0031RD3YY?SubscriptionId=AKIAJ7T5BOVUVRD2EFYQ&tag=camels-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B0031RD3YY
ir

I've picked up a pair of the T1s from Amazon!!! :)

Nov 26, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #7,453 of 9,815
Buy select Sennheiser headphones (direct) and get an iTunes gift card: http://www.sennheiserusa.com/feelmore

Or get a similar deal via HeadRoom for HeadRoom gift cards (instead of iTunes): http://www.headphone.com/pages/sennheiser-gift-card-promo-policies

Nov 26, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #7,454 of 9,815
Quote:
Also on soundearphones, I'm pretty sure they charge "tax" as a way to compromise for their "free overnight shipping". I live in Ohio and I know for certain we don't have tax on online purchases, since I buy from amazon and newegg like atleast twice monthly.

Does Ohio have a sales tax (or gross-receipts tax)? SoundEarPhones is located in Cincinnati, so charging you a sales tax may be a legal requirement (or, in the case of a gross-receipts tax, legally permissible since they'll have to pay the tax whether they charge you or not.)

Amazon isn't required to pay sales tax to any state unless they have a "physical presence" in the state.

I don't like paying any taxes, but sales taxes are the very worst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back