The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Jul 7, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #4,321 of 9,815
Absolutely a no brainer there. I got my HD800 for 1100 and I'd call it worth it. I would imagine from a lot of people's impressions the T1 they're more than worth their 950 price tag recently.

Quote:

How much would you say is a fair valuation for the T1, then? I got it for $592, so that was a no-brainer.

Jul 7, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #4,325 of 9,815
How much would you say is a fair valuation for the T1, then? I got it for $592, so that was a no-brainer.

Oh yeah, that's a great deal. Personally, and it may not mean much, I'd say it's a fine $900-1000 headphone. IMO, it's better gear than the Shure SRH1840, which retails for a reasonable $700, and it wipes the floor with the price-bloated HD700.

Jul 7, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #4,327 of 9,815
Just curious what this recommendation is based on. They look exactly like rebranded Sony MDR-V700DJ which I don't believe comes highly recommended round these parts.

Because they're easily the best headphone under 150 bucks IMO. At that price they're an absolute no brainer.

Jul 7, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #4,328 of 9,815
Quote:
Just curious what this recommendation is based on. They look exactly like rebranded Sony MDR-V700DJ which I don't believe comes highly recommended round these parts.

Here's 42 pages of goodness and counting on the Koss:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/571216/koss-pro-dj-100-the-budget-king

Jul 7, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #4,329 of 9,815
Quote:
 Here's 42 pages of goodness and counting on the Koss:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/571216/koss-pro-dj-100-the-budget-king

How do these compare to CAL! and D2000?  I get a little hesitant when people claim something is really that awesome...like the jvc rx700, I read so much good stuff on it so I bought it as my first pair of headphones and after listening to any of my IEMS or headphones...i get disgusted when I try the rx700 again. It just sounds so muffled and the bass is muddy and the highs arent clear....i have no idea how it had so many positive feedbacks. Granted I have just cheap e10s....so maybe all the rave was with a $500 amp? lol

Jul 7, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #4,330 of 9,815
How do these compare to CAL! and D2000?  I get a little hesitant when people claim something is really that awesome...like the jvc rx700, I read so much good stuff on it so I bought it as my first pair of headphones and after listening to any of my IEMS or headphones...i get disgusted when I try the rx700 again. It just sounds so muffled and the bass is muddy and the highs arent clear....i have no idea how it had so many positive feedbacks. Granted I have just cheap e10s....so maybe all the rave was with a $500 amp? lol

They beat the CAL unamped and pull away with a decent amp even more.

As for the D2000...they're what...200 more? 250 at this price. Not exactly a fair fight, but if you like tighter bass than the D2000 offers they best them in that way. They're also a much more practical portable.

Jul 7, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #4,331 of 9,815
Quote:
They beat the CAL unamped and pull away with a decent amp even more.
As for the D2000...they're what...200 more? 250 at this price. Not exactly a fair fight, but if you like tighter bass than the D2000 offers they best them in that way. They're also a much more practical portable.

RIght, I wasnt expecting to compare them to the D2k given the price difference, I just wanted a comparison of how they sounded.  Wow they are that much better than the CAL! ?  Interesting....kinda makes me wanna jump on it. 

And you're absolutely right, I love everthing about the D2k except its lack of portability factor. I was looking for something semi-portable and affordable when I bought the CAL!

Jul 7, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #4,332 of 9,815
RIght, I wasnt expecting to compare them to the D2k given the price difference, I just wanted a comparison of how they sounded.  Wow they are that much better than the CAL! ?  Interesting....kinda makes me wanna jump on it. 

And you're absolutely right, I love everthing about the D2k except its lack of portability factor. I was looking for something semi-portable and affordable when I bought the CAL!

I like their bass a lot more than the CALs and the mids are better too. The CALs have better highs though.

Also while I heard no difference amped va unamped with the CALs it's pretty noticeable with the DJ100.

I'd absolutely give them a shot at $50. Just return if you don't like them.

Jul 7, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #4,333 of 9,815
Those dj100 have been on my want to try list since I read threw that thread. I have already bought to many headphones. Mainly because I don't want to be bothered with selling them. That and I don't like ordering something with the intent to return. How does amazons return policy work with headphones that have been opened and used?

Jul 7, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #4,334 of 9,815
Those dj100 have been on my want to try list since I read threw that thread. I have already bought to many headphones. Mainly because I don't want to be bothered with selling them. That and I don't like ordering something with the intent to return. How does amazons return policy work with headphones that have been opened and used?

The return shipping comes out of your return money. Other than that no strings attached. It's also a very easy process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back