The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Jun 4, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #3,602 of 9,815
Jun 4, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #3,603 of 9,815
They were probably used, very briefly, and weren't his/her cup of tea.

They hadn't even uncoiled the cable from the factory, and I can't see someone going back and meticulously redoing that. It was the same with my HD598s for $160. Times are hard and retailers have to pay the rent somehow.

Jun 4, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #3,604 of 9,815
Amazon has got Beyerdynamic T1's for $999 right now!

Jun 4, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #3,605 of 9,815
Quote:
They hadn't even uncoiled the cable from the factory, and I can't see someone going back and meticulously redoing that. It was the same with my HD598s for $160. Times are hard and retailers have to pay the rent somehow.

On Grado headphones, at least, the cable recoiling isn't very difficult and actually makes it easier to put in the box! :p

On the 598s - Good deal. I don't remember there being much there to re-do, except a cable tie. The plastic of the box tends to not cooperate, though. Those are incredibly hard to put away.

Nice prices, though, and solid advice. You *may just get awesome* if you buy open box, but *expect something that's been mildly used*.

Jun 4, 2012 at 4:07 AM Post #3,606 of 9,815
For a decent discount, looks new and feels new is new enough for me. I haven't paid retail for any of the headphones I own, and that's a lot of `phones. :)

Jun 4, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #3,608 of 9,815
Since quite a few of you bought the HoM Exodus, I thought I'd mention something I noticed.

My Exodus arrived yesterday morning, and I've been using them quite a bit. When you use them, you may want to make sure you have no hair between your ears and the headphones. When I first got them, I rushed to try them out. They wouldn't stay on my head at all. Once I thought about it and brushed my hair behind my ears, the headphones only slid up occasionally when I tilted my head parallel to the ground. As long I mind my hair, I don't think I will need to staple them in place as Tyll did. This may not be relevant to everyone, as I do have a huge head, and I am pushing the leather band to its max.

Also of note: the set you get will almost certainly not be "fixed." I'm not even sure the new stock carried by stores is fixed yet. The HoM website still doesn't show the fixed model. If yours is fixed, the 6 buttons will haves holes on their inner sides. Also, if yours is fixed, I will envy you. Placing the phones on the bottom button would help me greatly.

If the cups were a bit more comfortable, I would be even happier.

Jun 4, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #3,609 of 9,815
Quote:

Currently have the Denon D2k and am looking for another set of headphones ($100 price range) that have a differnet sound stage.  I have always been curious about the Roc Nation and with them being $100 I was wondering 1 - how different do these sound compared to the D2k and 2 - Is there a better set of headphones to be had for $100.

Jun 4, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #3,610 of 9,815
Quote:

Currently have the Denon D2k and am looking for another set of headphones ($100 price range) that have a differnet sound stage.  I have always been curious about the Roc Nation and with them being $100 I was wondering 1 - how different do these sound compared to the D2k and 2 - Is there a better set of headphones to be had for $100.

Akg k242hd if you shop around. More amp dependent though

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 4, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #3,611 of 9,815
Quote:

They just jumped to $100, these might be an option for you though 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0028N78C0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Jun 4, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #3,613 of 9,815
AKG Q460 is down to $69 if you have a Fry's near you

Jun 4, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #3,615 of 9,815
Of course, I would never be able to afford cans so expensive, but right now, and I think that this price is only valid for one pair, a reputable seller (I looked at the ratings, pretty good) is selling Sennheiser HD600's new for $290 shipped. I would hate to see this offer just pass. I almost cried when the Yamaha HS80M's were $255 each. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back