The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Mar 20, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #2,626 of 9,815

Quote:
The things people do to take advantage, not knowing they hurt themselves [the consumer market] conversely.

This reminds me of a conversation I had with my sister while we were in Hong Kong. Our MTR (subway) passes were low on money, and actually ran out; however, the MTR system allows you to still use it one last time, just so you don't get stranded if you don't have any money on you. The BART (train/subway) system we have here in California did the same thing for a while, but people started buying a bunch of old (empty) BART cards on craigslist and such, and just used them to travel around for next to nothing. BART realized this and took that feature back, so now, if your BART card is empty and have no money on you, you're screwed and stranded. 

People always complain of how companies are "stingy" and always try to add restrictions, etc etc. But the truth is, when companies try to be nice and give people the benefit of the doubt, people take advantage of it and abuse that kindness. They don't understand that they're just hurting themselves in the long run by being greedy instead of appreciative. 

Back to the Amazon topic- seeing how people acted during this "sale," I wouldn't be surprised if we don't one of these deals again ever again. Even if they do, it probably wont be for quite a while.

Mar 20, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #2,627 of 9,815
This reminds me of a conversation I had with my sister while we were in Hong Kong. Our MTR (subway) passes were low on money, and actually ran out; however, the MTR system allows you to still use it one last time, just so you don't get stranded if you don't have any money on you. The BART (train/subway) system we have here in California did the same thing for a while, but people started buying a bunch of old (empty) BART cards on craigslist and such, and just used them to travel around for next to nothing. BART realized this and took that feature back, so now, if your BART card is empty and have no money on you, you're screwed and stranded. 

People always complain of how companies are "stingy" and always try to add restrictions, etc etc. But the truth is, when companies try to be nice and give people the benefit of the doubt, people take advantage of it and abuse that kindness. They don't understand that they're just hurting themselves in the long run by being greedy instead of appreciative. 

Back to the Amazon topic- seeing how people acted during this "sale," I wouldn't be surprised if we don't one of these deals again ever again. Even if they do, it probably wont be for quite a while.

Bravo.
It's always a good idea not to take advantage of the system. Sooner or later, it becomes a habit, and you find yourself wondering why you're barely making ends meet.

Mar 21, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #2,628 of 9,815
That kind of stuff really makes me mad.

I remember during the holidays when target had the spend $50 get a $10 gift card. Some lady bought giftcards then used those cards to buy amazon cards. So in the end between a couple of stores she made out with $700 in free amazon cards. When it was suposed to be one card per person. All because she wanted two big screen tvs for her house.

People like that make me sick.

Mar 21, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #2,633 of 9,815

Quote:
And will these cheating clowns spoil it for the rest of us?  I ordered one and only one this afternoon and still have not received my email confirmation.

Quote:
I haven't received my email conformation from yesterday afternoon either.
Has anyone gotten theirs?

Same, haven't gotten an email receipt, order one during the afternoon too.  I did sent an email to AmazonLocal, hopefully they'll reply with some information about those who haven't gotten their vouchers yet.

Mar 21, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #2,638 of 9,815
That is a much better deal. Often I see good deals and it makes me wish I had a US address to ship things to.

Sometimes I find things at a good price on amazon.com but by the time you scrolll down the list find a seller who will ship to Canada the $60 headphone with free US shipping is $70  and shipping is $44 flat rate, plus they ding you at the border and make you pay tax on top of that.

This is more a heads up for Canadians I guess. I should have made that clear - sorry.

Mar 21, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #2,639 of 9,815

Quote:
I haven't received my email conformation from yesterday afternoon either.
Has anyone gotten theirs?

The Amazon Local customer service guy (who I got within a couple seconds of calling) said that mine was approved.  He also said that it will take them up to 24 more hours to get the emails out to customers and update our accounts.

Mar 21, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #2,640 of 9,815

Quote:
The things people do to take advantage, not knowing they hurt themselves [the consumer market] conversely.

Slickdeals and the majority of the cheapskates there are why we as consumers can't have nice things. They wrecked the HP Touchpad deal, they wrecked the TF10 deal, and they'll wreck any other deal they can flip for profit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back