The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Feb 4, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #12,241 of 35,346
A quick public service announcement on the status of the Phonak delays from last week: due to the unexpected heavy snowfall in the Northeast and the supplier switching warehouses, Earphone Solutions had experienced a week delay for Phonak Audeo PFE earphones during last week's sale. However, as of today, having spoken to the owner himself Flavio Teixeira and seeing my original tracking number suddenly show updated progress, I can confirm that the products have indeed finally shipped.

For you deal hunters out there, the Phonak Audeo Perfect Bass PFE022's (with microphone) and PFE012's (without mic) from last week's deal are still in stock and on sale using the same discount code AU50 at the shopping cart. These lower models are actually identical to the upper PFE1xx family of models which ran out of stock last week, the only difference being the pre-installed green filters.

You can easily purchase and then switch in the gray filters from them to obtain the exact same sound. However, you also will need to purchase a set of green filters to get the fitting tool that can perform this taskI had to go this route myself since the PFE1xx models ran out of stock in the middle of the sale. Your wallets will thank you, though, because the total price with all these accessories and discounts applied actually comes out to about $5 or $10 cheaper than the PFE1xx in the same sale would. Happy headphone hunting!

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #12,242 of 35,346
  A quick public service announcement on the status of the Phonak delays from last week: due to the unexpected heavy snowfall in the Northeast and the supplier switching warehouses, Earphone Solutions had experienced a week delay for Phonak Audeo PFE earphones during last week's sale. However, as of today, having spoken to the owner himself Flavio Teixeira and seeing my original tracking number suddenly show updated progress, I can confirm that the products have indeed finally shipped.

For you deal hunters out there, the Phonak Audeo Perfect Bass PFE022's (with microphone) and PFE012's (without mic) from last week's deal are still in stock and on sale using the same discount code AU50 at the shopping cart. These lower models are actually identical to the upper PFE1xx family of models which ran out of stock last week, the only difference being the pre-installed green filters.

You can easily purchase and then switch in the gray filters from them to obtain the exact same sound. However, you also will need to purchase a set of green filters to get the fitting tool that can perform this taskI had to go this route myself since the PFE1xx models ran out of stock in the middle of the sale. Your wallets will thank you, though, because the total price with all these accessories and discounts applied actually comes out to about $5 or $10 cheaper than the PFE1xx in the same sale would. Happy headphone hunting!

I have the PFE 132 from their sale ($100) when Phonak first announced they no longer will make earphones. I love their balanced sound with the grey filters. I was considering buying the PFE 022 and placing grey filters on those for a backup pair but one thing is holding me back:

Their awful cable that cannot untangle no matter what.

Feb 4, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #12,243 of 35,346
I have the PFE 132 from their sale ($100) when Phonak first announced they no longer will make earphones. I love their balanced sound with the grey filters. I was considering buying the PFE 022 and placing grey filters on those for a backup pair but one thing is holding me back:

Their awful cable that cannot untangle no matter what.

I had the 132 also and caught it on a kitchen drawer handle after a run and snapped the cable in half. Really really tempting to pay $40 for basically a replacement, since I still have all the accessories and filters. Even with the curly cable a very comfortable and sweet sounding iem.

Feb 5, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #12,244 of 35,346

HD558 is also back at $89.98 from Best Buy. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sennheiser-audiophile-over-the-ear-headphones-titan/1700513.p?id=1218285361000&skuId=1700513

Just happened to see it, that's all.

Feb 5, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #12,245 of 35,346

I laugh in your general direction.  Especially if you hang around here for very long!

None of this is about "need".

I enjoy my music from my CAL!  I enjoy it even more from the HD 800, HE 6 and LCD 3.

BTW: the now available at $500 HE 500 is better than any of the (mostly-you did include the DT 770) fine cans you listed.

I think you misunderstood my post.
On my previous post I said "It's a hobby. If one have the means to fund it, i see nothing wrong with buying stuffs.
Money can't buy happiness, but it does buys a lot of things that can makes one happy."
That was in response to this post www.head-fi.org/t/692119/the-deals-discussion-thread-read-the-first-post/12225#post_11289879

On the fine headphone comment you made, my point was that anybody who loves music would benefit from having a decent headphone. I wasn't talking about whether dt770 is better or worse than he-500. They are both options of decently made headphones under $500. People don't have to be a high-fidelity enthusiast to enjoy music. Being a music-lover is more universal. Just pick decent headphones under $500 that has the sound signature they like and they'd be set. Not everybody can appreciate the difference between headphone A and headphone B if both are decently made.

On the other hand, liking high-fidelity sound reproduction is a hobby. As long as it makes one happy, buying something is a personal satisfaction.  I see nothing wrong with somebody buying an amps to power their headphones (on that post case, a mjollnir to power a hd650)

Or maybe you did get my post, and decide to laugh at me, in that case, whatever floats your boat.

I suspect that misunderstand mine.  The first line is a humorous cultural reference borrowed from Monty Python.

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #12,250 of 35,346
Or maybe you did get my post, and decide to laugh at me, in that case, whatever floats your boat.

I imagine this is a cultural disconnect, he meant no offense. Pop culture references are hard to pin down with humor sometimes.

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #12,251 of 35,346
Savage deals will kill off your wallet, but your headphone Garden will truly grow and bloom.

Oh, no, savage deals won't kill my wallet; they will FILL my wallet.

See, if I buy a $500 headphone for a deal of say $300, I will have saved $200.

So if I buy *10* $500 headphones for $300 each, I will save $2,000!

Have you ever served as a bagman? Then you will know that $2,000 in assorted bills will actually CHOKE your wallet!

Q.E.D.

Feb 5, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #12,252 of 35,346
You have a point

But

If you see a deal on something, you would buy it.

What if you didn't see the deal on something and didn't have it on your mind until the deal was shown here?

Sort of an out of sight out of mind situation.

There have been plenty of times I have seen something at an amazing sale and have purchased it, even though I didn't need it lol. If I didn't see it on sale I would have never bothered with it.

That's just me though :frowning2:

Feb 5, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #12,253 of 35,346

Has nothing to do with deals but,

Perfectly timed...way too much babbling going on 
biggrin.gif

HS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back