The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 3, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #9,946 of 35,330
If you find the stock green filters sound too bright, you can tune it with others. Aftermarket filters stick out a little from the tube so don't try to shove them in all the way, but they're completely covered by the eartips. My favorite are the yellows, which give the bass a shot of testosterone.

Cool, thanks for the tips (from doctorjazz too).

Dec 3, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #9,947 of 35,330
  Quantity had to be next to nothing for both of the Senn. 6xx. Was hoping to get a pair of 600s for my brother for Christmas.. What a joke.

I just saw the lightening deal on the HD650 go live and hit the add to cart icon. I'm on a wait list???? The HD600 also went live at the exact same time and all units are already 100% claimed??? what gives?

Amazon Lightning Deal for HD 600/650 went so fast it gave me whiplash ...

There was one (of each) in stock. 
rolleyes.gif
 at Amazon.

I say we all storm Sennheiser USA and burn it to the ground. Afterwards, lets all go hunt down the amazon CEO, Beezo, and tar and feather him. Whose with me?

I literally hit the add to cart icon within 5 seconds of the sale going live. Talk about lightening deals, sheesh.

This is a couple days late, but I don't understand how you guys had problems getting the HD 600/650 when they were on Lightning Deal on Amazon, especially when you were present the moment it first went on sale. I didn't even know about the sale, and I just stumbled upon it unexpectedly, with both of them already 100% Claimed and both Waitlists full. All I did was keep both product pages open and refresh them every half minute or so. I eventually made it onto the Waitlist for both (first the 650, then the 600), and then I eventually became eligible to buy both (first the 650, then the 600). I actually ordered both, but after an hour of stressful research, I finally decided to cancel the 650 since it seemed like the 600 was (1) better for my listening preferences, (2) at a $46 larger discount ($140 off vs $94 off), and (3) $55 cheaper ($260 vs $315). It really pained me to cancel the 650, especially considering how distraught I was over missing the 598 sale (which, in retrospect, was a blessing, I guess...albeit not for my bank account).

I'm sure it was mentioned earlier, but the 600 and 650 were actually on Lightning Deal about a week ago, but while the 650 was for the same price ($315), the 600 was actually for $300. The fact that Sunday's sale was $40 cheaper than the last sale is a major reason why I've decided not to cancel the order. For the record, last week's sale moved quite slowly, and anyone here could have easily gotten the 600 and 650 for $300 and $315, respectively.

Dec 3, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #9,954 of 35,330

This is a couple days late, but I don't understand how you guys had problems getting the HD 600/650 when they were on Lightning Deal on Amazon, especially when you were present the moment it first went on sale. I didn't even know about the sale, and I just stumbled upon it unexpectedly, with both of them already 100% Claimed and both Waitlists full. All I did was keep both product pages open and refresh them every half minute or so. I eventually made it onto the Waitlist for both (first the 650, then the 600), and then I eventually became eligible to buy both (first the 650, then the 600). I actually ordered both, but after an hour of stressful research, I finally decided to cancel the 650 since it seemed like the 600 was (1) better for my listening preferences, (2) at a $46 larger discount ($140 off vs $94 off), and (3) $55 cheaper ($260 vs $315). It really pained me to cancel the 650, especially considering how distraught I was over missing the 598 sale (which, in retrospect, was a blessing, I guess...albeit not for my bank account).

I'm sure it was mentioned earlier, but the 600 and 650 were actually on Lightning Deal about a week ago, but while the 650 was for the same price ($315), the 600 was actually for $300. The fact that Sunday's sale was $40 cheaper than the last sale is a major reason why I've decided not to cancel the order. For the record, last week's sale moved quite slowly, and anyone here could have easily gotten the 600 and 650 for $300 and $315, respectively.

Good for you.. I missed most the deals because I was at work,.  and to say the deals went slowly is laughable at best.

Dec 3, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #9,955 of 35,330

Good for you.. I missed most the deals because I was at work,.  and to say the deals went slowly is laughable at best.

I got in on both of them too.. Not sure why others didn't make the cut..

Dec 3, 2014 at 6:41 AM Post #9,956 of 35,330
OK, this thread did serious damage to my solvency this past week.

I didn't do so bad. Got the Schiit Wyrd + PYST USB cable ($120), ordered the HE-400 and FocusPad-A ($238) but Moon Audio oversold so I might by just getting my money back, order the RE-300h ($49) and GR07 BE ($105) IEMs but I'll only be keeping the best of the two, and replaced my broken PortaPros ($25).

Dec 3, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #9,957 of 35,330
AKG K712 Pro for $305.67 (it shows up as $359 on main page and in cart but on the final review screen before you confirm order, it's $305.67).

http://www.amazon.com/AKG-Pro-Audio-K712PRO-Headphones/dp/B00E4WXWBE

Dec 3, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #9,959 of 35,330
I didn't do so bad. Got the Schiit Wyrd + PYST USB cable ($120), ordered the HE-400 and FocusPad-A ($238) but Moon Audio oversold so I might by just getting my money back, order the RE-300h ($49) and GR07 BE ($105) IEMs but I'll only be keeping the best of the two, and replaced my broken PortaPros ($25).

Have you heard anything else from Moon Audio on if they'll be able to fulfill the HE-400 order?

Dec 3, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #9,960 of 35,330
For those of us who purchased on Black Friday deals before thinking, and are now thinking about how to fit more headphones into our budget, I offer these hints:

1. Headphones, especially handsome ones, may also be regarded as fashionware - if your headphone budget is exhausted, charge them against your clothing budget;
  2. Headphones are often used in connection with health-enhancing activities, such as exercise, meditation, or even sleeping - charge them under Healthcare!
  3. (If really desperate and the above don't work):  Many of us hang headphones on hooks or place them on shelves in cabinets, or even get special stands for them.  These items then become headphone furniture, and so you can look to your Home Furnishings budget for extra funds ("Dear, I bought this mahogany beam with brushed-steel coat hooks for our Home, and these are just things to hang on those hooks!")

You're welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back