The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 2, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #9,931 of 35,342
$5 shipping though.
frown.gif

That's why you buy 6 and give one to everyone on your Xmas list!

Dec 2, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #9,932 of 35,342
Any good deals on bluetooth headphones with aptx? Love being wireless.

Dec 2, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #9,934 of 35,342
  This thread is killin' me....  I'm now considering the darn Koss electrostat's...dammit!

We need more posts about Senn Momentums on sale....LMAO.

HD 700's....everyone's got an opinion.  Yawn.  I'm diggin' mine....really comfortable and they sound good paired with the Beresford DAC and Woo amp.  Especially at the price point this thread got me in on for a new pair...WIN!

biggrin.gif

HS

Go for it. I have them and trust me, there's nothing that holds a candle to them at that price.

Dec 2, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #9,937 of 35,342
Some decent discounts at visions.ca (sorry if has already been posted)

Sennheiser IE60 @ 99 (this one is in store now)  http://www.visions.ca/Catalogue/category/Details.aspx?categoryId=185&productId=25882&sku=IE60
Monster Diesel Vektr 49 down from 219   http://www.visions.ca/Catalogue/category/Details.aspx?categoryId=185&productId=25420&sku=MHDESLONGRNCU
Sony MDR10RB 99 down from 200 http://www.visions.ca/Catalogue/category/Details.aspx?categoryId=185&productId=24612&sku=MDR10RB

Dec 2, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #9,938 of 35,342
eBay has tons of well made cables from China that won't break the bank. I have nothing against home grown companies like Cardis, Kimber, etc. I just don't have multiple hundreds of dollars to spend on wire.

Dec 2, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #9,939 of 35,342
OK, this thread did serious damage to my solvency this past week. Fidelio X1 just came in today, haven't unboxed yet. Ordered Centrance M8 LX4 just now, decent deal from Massdrop. A set of Audeo 232 should arrive any day. And, I have to go get fitted one of these days, make the molds for the ciem, the ACS T1 (probably be a couple of weeks until I can get the weekday time to go into Manhattan and get the molds done at their office). Oh, and the MeElectronics A-151, probably a present for my daughter.
For the next month, dinner will be dog food.....

Dec 3, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #9,940 of 35,342
I received my HD 598s last night and I'm already in love with them! It's unbelievable how amazing good headphones make music sound. Best $100 spent ever.

Also, it's unbelievable how even after 5 hours of continuous music, I don't feel one bit tired. These things are comfy as hell and don't cause any fatigue at all. On my 439s, I had to take a break every couple hours or I'd feel irritated. I'm so happy! :')

They are pretty comfy aren't they. I got mine tonight and I'm having a blast with them so far. You won't experience a lot of fatigue with the 598 because the highs are pretty flat compared to a lot of other stuff out there that has the treble overly elevated. Pretty decent PRAT on these cans too. I'm listening to an Animals As Leaders album and no smearing what-so-ever in the mids or bass.

Dec 3, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #9,941 of 35,342
OK, this thread did serious damage to my solvency this past week.

Same here, I bought a $315 Senn HD650 (Sonic Electronix), $99 Senn HD598 (Amazon), $219 Etymotic ER-4S (HeadRoom), $200 Aurisonics Rockets (EarphoneSolutions), and $60 Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 (Amazon). Nothing has arrived yet but I'm expecting the HD650 and ER-4S tomorrow. Have never heard the widely-regarded ER-4S before, looking forward to it the most.

Oh and a ($425 + tax) HD700 direct from Sennheiser too (just over 2 weeks ago), but I just sold it since I didn't like it.

Dec 3, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #9,943 of 35,342
Have never heard the widely-regarded ER-4S before, looking forward to it the most.

If you find the stock green filters sound too bright, you can tune it with others. Aftermarket filters stick out a little from the tube so don't try to shove them in all the way, but they're completely covered by the eartips. My favorite are the yellows, which give the bass a shot of testosterone.

Dec 3, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #9,944 of 35,342
OK, this thread did serious damage to my solvency this past week.

Same here, I bought a $315 Senn HD650 (Sonic Electronix), $99 Senn HD598 (Amazon), $219 Etymotic ER-4S (HeadRoom), $200 Aurisonics Rockets (EarphoneSolutions), and $60 Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 (Amazon). Nothing has arrived yet but I'm expecting the HD650 and ER-4S tomorrow. Have never heard the widely-regarded ER-4S before, looking forward to it the most.

Oh and a ($425 + tax) HD700 direct from Sennheiser too (just over 2 weeks ago), but I just sold it since I didn't like it.

Congrats...was curious about the Rockets, had them on my "maybe" list, but, hey. Gonna be hard enough to listen to what I already went for.
Eteys are great iems imo, though people split on them and have really strong opinions. A good, deep seal is really important with them, otherwise bass disappears. (True of all iems, but often a problem with the etys). Haven't tried aftermarket filters, have to look into them.
Enjoy the new toys!

Dec 3, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #9,945 of 35,342
  The Philips SHP9500 from BuySonic for $69:

https://www.buysonic.com/products/philips-shp9500/

I am simply banging my head on my desk right now.....

I was told that these were only sold overseas, seems like a lie to me now. I bought them off ebay as well, for 87 dollars. They are legit of course but I knew I should have researched (which I always do of course) but oh well.

Still a great budget headphone that can probably hold a candle to the ad700 (in terms of price of course and what it offer at that price)

for 70-77 bucks...its a good headphone that is not given much attention in here in the head-fi. MLE must review these soon to give us his opinion.

Plus detachable cable is good for those that want to use the v moda boom pro.

Plus, Ill probably sell these headphones down the road or give them to my brother....AKG K7XX and HD598 are going to be my main headphones for a looong time....and the x2 as well lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back