The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jul 7, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #28,486 of 35,332
...damn, sorry about that huge photo. Anyway, the downside is that it comes with no mounting hardware.

Price is nice. The original 560v2 was discontinued because the headband was too small for most heads. I understand Hifiman sent Adorama normal head size band replacements. I wonder if these are the tiny head original or the normal head sized replacements.

Jul 7, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #28,487 of 35,332
Price is nice. The original 560v2 was discontinued because the headband was too small for most heads. I understand Hifiman sent Adorama normal head size band replacements. I wonder if these are the tiny head original or the normal head sized replacements.
Hey, Groch, I don't have any Hifiman headphones, so needless to say, I bought a replacement headband for one. I poked around here for more information, and came upon the discussion about the difference between versions 2 and 3 of this headphone. The listing indicates it's v2 with the 8" leather strap rather than the v3 with the 8.5" strap, but I measured mine, and it's just short of 9" from end to end. The part of the strap that curves outward is 8.5" in length, as far as I can tell.

Jul 7, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #28,489 of 35,332
Replacement headband for Hifiman HE-560 $9.99 at Adorama, free Super Saver shipping

There's no photo accompanying the listing, but I asked them for one, and they sent links to several, including this one:

DFql7atlL65TDYgKVKImvTM4B

Ordered one to mod to another headophone. Thanks for the link.

Jul 7, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #28,490 of 35,332
No worries on DSD, I have another DAP that supports these files. I mainly wanted an inexpensive but well built DAP that I could load my iTunes’ library on, about 24GB worth. I have an iPhone 4S dedicated for this job now, but I figured the Plenue D would sound better plus give me more control over the sound with the EQ.

Does anyone know what brand DAC is used in the Plenue D? Strange Cowon doesn’t list this info like they do on all its other DAPs.

Some quick research indicates that it doesn't have a traditional DAC but a codec-based chip using the Wolfson WM8998. Interestingly another well liked DAP that has a codec-based DAC is the 1st edition Lotoo Paw 5000.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cowon-plenue-d.789488/page-60#post-12283412

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #28,491 of 35,332
@PlantsmanTX , @OldDude04 , @Th3Drizzl3
I'm curious about this headband...any information on the quality/durability would be really appreciated. I hate the headband on my Monolith M565, but finding headbands for it that don't cost more than the headphones is providing difficult. (I got them for $80, a rockin' deal... it wouldn't make sense to spend a bunch of money on a new headband)
The problem is I've heard far to many horror stories about Hifiman quality, so I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on them.
thanks y'all!

Jul 7, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #28,492 of 35,332
I'm curious about this headband...any information on the quality/durability would be really appreciated. I hate the headband on my Monolith M565, but finding headbands for it that don't cost more than the headphones is providing difficult. (I got them for $80, a rockin' deal... it wouldn't make sense to spend a bunch of money on a new headband)
The problem is I've heard far to many horror stories about Hifiman quality, so I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on them.
thanks y'all!

I've never had the V3 headset so I can't speak on it, my 560's were 1st gen. But at $9.99, I def had to give it a shot.

Jul 7, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #28,493 of 35,332
thanks y'all!
its def worth 10$. its actually a decent quality. i actually just ordered 2 more as backups for some other sets to try to mod broken ones. but yes 100% worth 10$ this is not like the previous ones that would break on people.

Jul 7, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #28,494 of 35,332
its def worth 10$. its actually a decent quality. i actually just ordered 2 more as backups for some other sets to try to mod broken ones. but yes 100% worth 10$ this is not like the previous ones that would break on people.
Thanks for the reply...they look well made...I'l probably go ahead and order one. Would it be possible to measure the distance between the pins? I mean the pivot points that actually connect the yokes to the cups. I've seen various other Hifiman headbands used on other headphones...But I definitely haven't seen this headband on the M565, I would be the first. They LOOK similarly sized, but it would be nice to see how close the measurements are.

Jul 7, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #28,497 of 35,332
Just to change it up, Amazon has the Sonus faber Pryma Carbon Notte closed back headphone on sale for $249, retail is $549. They also have several other finish options.

These are made in Italy with premium materials, and after 100 hours of burn-in, they sound really nice, especially with better source gear.

These have been on close-out for a few months, so I imagine this isn’t the first time this deal has been posted.

https://www.amazon.com/Pryma-over-ear-headphones-material-HDP0107FIN(Carbon/dp/B01M0XTKB1/

Jul 7, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #28,498 of 35,332
I went ahead and ordered some. For $10, even if they don't work for me, it's not a big loss....but, man, these are going to be the coolest M565 if the headband fits.

Jul 7, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #28,499 of 35,332
Jul 7, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #28,500 of 35,332
Thanks for the reply...they look well made...I'l probably go ahead and order one. Would it be possible to measure the distance between the pins? I mean the pivot points that actually connect the yokes to the cups. I've seen various other Hifiman headbands used on other headphones...But I definitely haven't seen this headband on the M565, I would be the first. They LOOK similarly sized, but it would be nice to see how close the measurements are.

Mine measure 4.4 inches.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back