The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 19, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #27,016 of 35,328
Nov 19, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #27,017 of 35,328
Not sure about the M Audio, but I'd imagine it would be a big difference. I own the Big Ego and I will not part with it. It's my go-to portable DAC / amp for trips. I like it as you can choose different filtering options a little like the Chord Hugo 2. Ah, if only the Hugo 2 were on Black Friday sale. ...if only... :D

Nov 19, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #27,018 of 35,328
Nov 19, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #27,019 of 35,328
How nice is that balanced cable? $100 worth and headphones for $150? Just saying, I need a balanced cable for an HEX V2.

I recently bought a nice balanced cable for my HEX v2 from Periapt Cables. 3M length cost ~$85. It's basic mogami cable, a bit stiff & microphonic, but still a big improvement over the flimsy/dissatisfying stock SE cable. I think it also sounds a bit better, though I hardly did lots of testing--and in any case, I'm not hearing the HEX v2 out of 2 balanced amps I otherwise could only hear SE through the stock cable, so real comparison is impossible.

The sound on the HEX v2 out of the LC v2 & V281 is extremely good IMO--including shockingly good bass for an open back design.

Nov 19, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #27,020 of 35,328
https://us.creative.com/blackfriday/

Various items for sale. The Creative Aurvana Live (49.99) and Creative Aurvana Live-2 (59.99) caught my eye. Look at the various reviews for the CAL (supposed to be the better of the two)

That is an excellent price for the CAL!. But please post the direct link to the product. Your link is not only to a third party making money from redirects (which is not allowed on this thread), it is also a link to a members only third party site.

Nov 19, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #27,023 of 35,328
https://us.creative.com/blackfriday/

Various items for sale. The Creative Aurvana Live (49.99) and Creative Aurvana Live-2 (59.99) caught my eye. Look at the various reviews for the CAL (supposed to be the better of the two)
If you're interested in the Creative Aurvana Live!, you might want to check out the Super X-Fi headphone amp for $150: https://us.sxfi.com/products/sxfi-amp

"Early Adopter Special: FREE Aurvana SE Headphones worth US$79, while stocks last."
"The Aurvana SE is a special edition of Creative's Aurvana Live!" (from https://us.sxfi.com/pages/aurvana-se)

Nov 19, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #27,025 of 35,328
^ Not for me. It is a page asking for my email address.
Same here, but you can use a burner email address if you're curious. You definitely don't need to be subscribed to anything to access the data. You can probably even make up an email address, it's not like they send you a secret link.
I still found the link valuable, there are some great discounts to be found.

Edit: just tried foo@example.org and got this:

"BLACK FRIDAY DEALS ARE NOW DISPLAYED TO YOU SITE-WIDE.
Remember to use your email address foo@example.org to complete your purchase."

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #27,026 of 35,328
Nov 19, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #27,027 of 35,328
I went to the site right after I received an email from them and they were already gone. Must of only had like two for sale. I see they still have 18 left on Amazon at the original price.
So you must have a big ego then.....the little ego still in stock.

(couldn't resist) The only difference is lack of a line and optical out I think.

Nov 19, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #27,029 of 35,328
Not sure about the M Audio, but I'd imagine it would be a big difference. I own the Big Ego and I will not part with it. It's my go-to portable DAC / amp for trips. I like it as you can choose different filtering options a little like the Chord Hugo 2. Ah, if only the Hugo 2 were on Black Friday sale. ...if only... :D

Sigh. Was on the fence then decided on the Big Ego but had to run out to an appointment. By the time I got back all sold out. Arghh. Ended up getting a Little Ego anyway to assuage my dissappointment.

Nov 19, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #27,030 of 35,328
Sigh. Was on the fence then decided on the Big Ego but had to run out to an appointment. By the time I got back all sold out. Arghh. Ended up getting a Little Ego anyway to assuage my dissappointment.

Pat yourself on the back for getting a tremendous deal. I know it's easy to be displeased in our hyper-consumption culture, but you're still getting an awesome DAC for a huge percentage off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back