The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 8, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #19,246 of 35,332
Deal Not Headphones, but has a headphone jack:

Harman Kardon BDS 280  BQ/120-A1  2 Channel Wi-Fi Blu-Ray Player Receiver/Amp $100

65 watts x 2 with sub out, 3 HDMI inputs, 2 Aux inputs, SPDIF Digital Input, Bluetooth, Wifi, Airplay, DNLA, Pandora, Remote, Auto-Room Calibration with Mic., 2 USB inputs  Headphone Jack!

Ignor the $600 retail, these things normally sell with 2.1 speakers so its hard to judge actual sell price. But a good deal.  Perfect match for a Chromecast audio with USB power and Optical digital input.   Reliability reports have been mixed, 1YR P/L. 

Owners manual/specs functions here.

Speaker Options if you need:

MAS 5" bookshelf speakers $100 pr - I have a set, very well made, seem like a JBL design - Piano Black over MDF - nice open musical sound with good bass. Not a typical mini-system speaker, much nicer than $100

Sony Hi Res Bookshelf/Desktop Speakers $85 shipped. - Not as loud, better as a near-field desktop monitor - more mid-range centric sound. Great build quality.   Woot also has Energy CB-5s for $120 -highly rated but I have not heard.

The speakers this set normally ships with are Satellite Sub systems like this.  $200 is not terrible, but they get under $150 when on sale. 

Dec 8, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #19,247 of 35,332
$20 endoscope for Android http://www.everbuying.net/product1078984.html

Posting as I have similar USB endoscope and it has been uber useful on several occasions to get closeup look at bent connection pins, get better look at how headphone cup was attached etc.

Note: Everbuying is forwarder for China based mfg. The usual 3-4 weeks delivery but have had good luck thus far and even got credit back on device with problamatic USB chipset (not defective per se but I showed them where a # of people were having connection issues and they just refunded).

"Endoscope?" You mean, the scope that goes up your end?? Only $20???

What a deal!

Dec 8, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #19,248 of 35,332
Dec 8, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #19,249 of 35,332
"Endoscope?" You mean, the scope that goes up your end?? Only $20???

What a deal!

It's also called a BOREscope if that makes you feel better
tongue.gif

Link does not work.

Try this http://www.everbuying.net/product1078984.html

Dec 8, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #19,250 of 35,332
GearBest started their Holiday sale.....

Xiaomi Piston for $6.89
Xiaomi Piston 3 for $12.49
Xiaomi Hybrid for $18.89
KZ ZN1 for $32.99

And a ton more here: http://www.gearbest.com/

I don't know any of these, have not checked against Amazon or others so YMMW.....

Cheers

Dec 8, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #19,251 of 35,332
GearBest started their Holiday sale.....

Xiaomi Piston for $6.89
Xiaomi Piston 3 for $12.49
Xiaomi Hybrid for $18.89
KZ ZN1 for $32.99

And a ton more here: http://www.gearbest.com/

I don't know any of these, have not checked against Amazon or others so YMMW.....

Cheers

Not sure if gearbest is a legit site, but the Piston 3 is a great option at $12. Only drawbacks are recessed mids w/ their v-shaped signature, and the terrible stock tips. Still, I'd probably take them over most anything else under $20.

For people who like the v-shape, definitely worth a look. They also double as a headset.

Dec 9, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #19,255 of 35,332
Not sure if gearbest is a legit site, but the Piston 3 is a great option at $12. Only drawbacks are recessed mids w/ their v-shaped signature, and the terrible stock tips. Still, I'd probably take them over most anything else under $20.

For people who like the v-shape, definitely worth a look. They also double as a headset.

I hope they're legit. I placed an order for a Piston 3. We'll see if it ever comes and if it's real. Unfortunately I don't have a real Piston 3 to compare it against. I've compared my real Piston 2 to a fake Piston 2. They looked almost perfectly identical except the cord felt different. The sound was way different though. Again though, without comparing the sound from a real one I can't use that as the identifier.

Dec 9, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #19,256 of 35,332
  One of the best deals of the year, seriously!

LZ-A2 review is up, enjoy!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/lz-a2/reviews/14722

Whoa....Ive been looking for a pair of new IEMs and dam.....But Im barely getting out of the 15 dollar price bracket. Going to be a while until I get to the sub 100 price bracket lol but thanks for the link. Going to look into these for future purchase :p

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #19,258 of 35,332
  I am looking for a new stereo Receiver to replace my Vector Research Amp. I need to be able to hook more than two pairs of speaker to the stereo amp and I want to play my mp3 off of it too. I don't care about how fancy it is but needs to be under 200 dollars. Anybody got suggestions as to what stereo amplifiers to get?

I would check Accessories 4 less. The YAMAHA R-S300 Natural Sound Stereo Receiver is $199 with free shipping. I think you can use an RCA to 3.5mm cable to hook up your MP3 player to the line-in, but I'm not sure about that. The R-S201 is even cheaper at $109

That said, I've never seen a stereo receiver that has hook-up for more than 2 sets of speakers.

Dec 9, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #19,259 of 35,332

I would check Accessories 4 less. The YAMAHA R-S300 Natural Sound Stereo Receiver is $199 with free shipping. I think you can use an RCA to 3.5mm cable to hook up your MP3 player to the line-in, but I'm not sure about that. The R-S201 is even cheaper at $109

That said, I've never seen a stereo receiver that has hook-up for more than 2 sets of speakers.

The RS-300 is a good choice.  Allan is right, a 3.5mm to 2 RCA stereo cable will hook to one of the inputs for your MP3.

Alan is also right about more than 2 pairs of speakers.  You will need a speaker switcher like this to use more speakers without risk of damage.

Dec 9, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #19,260 of 35,332
 You will need a speaker switcher like this to use more speakers without risk of damage.

OT - I wonder if these devices would work in reverse?  i.e. I have a Tube Amp and SS Amp and would be slick to be able to switch between with same set of speakers without swapping connections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back