The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
Sep 8, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #4,471 of 12,548
On my replacement driver, the red mark designates the positive/signal side!

^ This. The driver will work in either side.

Sep 8, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #4,473 of 12,548
On my replacement driver, the red mark designates the positive/signal side!

Yes I agree, the red / gold mark is the positive side, both drivers are the same they don't have a left and right, they just change the paint marks and to which pin the positive wire goes to on the left and right side, probably something to do with the assembly line when they are manufacturing them.

Sep 8, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #4,474 of 12,548

Indeed....So i guess i should just flip the wiring (as the red mark is on the opposite side to the original driver)?

Thanks for the reply!

Yes whichever way works for you as long as you keep the positive signal to the side that's marked. If you get them out of phase (positive and negative reversed) the sound will appear very far out to the left and right instead of in front of you.

Be EXTREMELY careful with the driver tangs when soldering as they are just press fitted to the plastic and will pull out very easily breaking the voice coil wire.

Sep 8, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #4,475 of 12,548

-.- go fall in a freezing well Troll [you and your awesome pics]

tongue_smile.gif
eek.gif
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 8, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #4,477 of 12,548

It might sound as good, but it won't last more than 3 months with me :D LONG LIVE THE GERMAN BUILD QUALITY

also OMG I just found ALL 8 Chapters of the Happy to be Hardcore mix :D I had chapter 2 a LONG time ago [in crummy mp3 v4 and with my XB 700s] BUT now my Dt 990[or 880s] s and GLORIOUS flac will enjoy this very much :D

Sep 8, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #4,478 of 12,548
  Yes whichever way works for you as long as you keep the positive signal to the side that's marked. If you get them out of phase (positive and negative reversed) the sound will appear very far out to the left and right instead of in front of you.

Be EXTREMELY careful with the driver tangs when soldering as they are just press fitted to the plastic and will pull out very easily breaking the voice coil wire.

Success!!  That soldering was stressful! : ) Thanks TrollDragon for all you advice in getting this sorted..really appreciated!

The new driver does sound a bit different (restrained, maybe 10% quieter) than the other though....could it just need some "burn in" time?

Sep 8, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #4,479 of 12,548

Success!!  That soldering was stressful! : ) Thanks TrollDragon for all you advice in getting this sorted..really appreciated!

The new driver does sound a bit different (restrained, maybe 10% quieter) than the other though....could it just need some "burn in" time?

eww that sounds not to so fun

also... I finally did it... hit my Dt 880 600 ohm with +18 gain... yea the sound stage took a SMALL hit,  but in return the mids got some weight, the treble got MORE detailed... 

Finally finishing my review of the Dt 880! Going to do my k550 next and update my Mid Fi battle Thread! 

Sep 8, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #4,480 of 12,548

No problem good sir, that is what we are here for!

I'd say to give it a little time and it should equalize.

Sep 8, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #4,481 of 12,548
also OMG I just found ALL 8 Chapters of the Happy to be Hardcore mix :D I had chapter 2 a LONG time ago [in crummy mp3 v4 and with my XB 700s] BUT now my Dt 990[or 880s] s and GLORIOUS flac will enjoy this very much :D

Linky in PM please...
basshead.gif

Sep 8, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #4,482 of 12,548
  i need some help.
i would like to recable my DT770 Pro 250 Ohms but i can't find a place or a online store to get the cables.

You need to check and ask in this thread here, it has everything you need to recable the world!
http://www.head-fi.org/t/676402/diy-cable-questions-and-comments-thread

Sep 8, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #4,483 of 12,548
  They look sexy without the stock cable 
tongue.gif

You're like the Chuck Norris of photography. 

شكرا لك أخي في الكويت

Did you ever get the parts to do your DT880 dual Tiny xlr mod?
You need to get yours done and make you know who really jelly...
biggrin.gif

Have you tried your WS55 pads on the S500's?

Sep 8, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #4,484 of 12,548
Originally Posted by Mshenay /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It might sound as good, but it won't last more than 3 months with me :D LONG LIVE THE GERMAN BUILD QUALITY

It has good sound quality for the price but it has a ridiculously narrow soundstage. I haven't used mine in months and most likely never will. Its also ugly as sin when worn and is so uncomfortable I consider it unusable without Beyer DT250 velours. :wink:

Sep 8, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #4,485 of 12,548
The Pearstone velours work great as well...
biggrin.gif

The post was all in humor... 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back