The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread
May 4, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #376 of 12,546
Quote:

Originally Posted by pataburd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mibutenma,
Thanks. I've taken the measurements with two different multi-meters and on probably a dozen occasions. The results are consistent: the drivers on my pair of DT880/600 "Premium" headphones are discrepant by between 25 and 30 ohms.

I am still waiting for Beyerdynamic to return my numerous telephone calls and a couple of e-mails. It's been almost a week, and I am getting a bit frustrated.

PAB

That sucks man amazon not willing to take them back?

Ironically I also got my Beyer 600 ohms from amazon as well.

Although they originally sent me the 32 ohm version.

May 4, 2010 at 7:26 PM Post #377 of 12,546
Quote:

mibutenma,
Thanks. I've taken the measurements with two different multi-meters and on probably a dozen occasions. The results are consistent: the drivers on my pair of DT880/600 "Premium" headphones are discrepant by between 25 and 30 ohms.

I am still waiting for Beyerdynamic to return my numerous telephone calls and a couple of e-mails. It's been almost a week, and I am getting a bit frustrated.

PAB

Are you trying Beyer Germany or US? Try US, you could get reply sooner.

May 4, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #379 of 12,546
Yep. Can be read many times in this thread.

May 4, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #380 of 12,546
Quote:

Just put in for a refund with Amazon for the DT880/600 that came a few days ago.

There shouldn't be an issue with Amazon. Unless you got them from one of their 'Stores', I think you are good for 30 days.

I have returned a few things with no hassle whatsoever. Online gets you the shipping lable and everything. Refunds are posted a few days after they receive the item.

Sorry for you, man.
frown.gif

And sorry to push this OT...

shane

May 4, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #381 of 12,546
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you trying Beyer Germany or US? Try US, you could get reply sooner.

Have been calling/e-mailing Beyerdynamic-USA. Amazon has agreed to the return/refund, and issued the return shipping labels. I picked up the DT880/600 through Amazon's "Warehouse Deals", and got whacked for New York State sales tax, even though the goods shipped from Kentucky. (If you have only a dime left in your pocket today, New York State will devise a way to extract it from you by tomorrow, guaranteed.) So there is solace in the tax refund, at least.

May 4, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #382 of 12,546
Just like to say that these DT880 600ohm are great cans
biggrin.gif
If I had to, I would sell my HF-2 and AD700 to keep these. These DT880 do well at music and games, whereas I only use the HF-2 for music and the AD700 for gaming. They are definitely now my 'reference' 'phones.

May 5, 2010 at 7:31 AM Post #384 of 12,546
IMO Beyer has found the sweet spot between "audiophile" presentation and musicality with the 880'600. However, I still think that the sheer bass amount is a bit too "audiophile", a good exemplar of the K701 is a bass monster in comparison, and even the normal aenemic K701 has a bit more bass...

May 5, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #386 of 12,546
After a few weeks break from my DT880/600. I've come to realise that my amp is completely inadequate for them. I'm ordering an Audiotailor Jade next week lol. It is clear that there is a veil or something, 100% lack of synergy/power/something O_o. I've just been crankin' my MS-1i's at work and my TF10's on the train/bus. Swapping to my DAC's amp is refreshing :p. Hello soundstage, hello highs, hello musicality.

May 5, 2010 at 11:28 AM Post #387 of 12,546
Anyone had experience with the Little Dot MK II and the 880/600's? I'm considering getting a pair but I don't want to have to upgrade my amp too...

May 5, 2010 at 11:42 AM Post #388 of 12,546
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trysaeder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holy ****, you also use the STX and M³ with your DT880/600.
Hopefully getting the STX next week, final parts for the M³ also next week, and sell my CK100 to fund these within next week.

Damn I want these.

I've upgraded my source since I posted the first post as tbh, if you are only targeting music, there are better for the price.

May 5, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #389 of 12,546
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone had experience with the Little Dot MK II and the 880/600's? I'm considering getting a pair but I don't want to have to upgrade my amp too...

i use the little dot mk2 with stock tubes with the beyer dt880/600 sir Fraseyboy, but between that and the audio-gd c-2c, i use the audio-gd ss amp more because of the more solid bass. i also feel there is more body to the music. ironically, i prefer the little dot mk2 for the beyer dt880/250 because i just love how it presents the mids better compared to the c-2c...

but if you are asking if it could drive it, yes the mk2 can
smily_headphones1.gif
although i feel there is a better tube amp out there, as many of the people here would tell you...

i am looking to upgrade the little dot mk2
smily_headphones1.gif
maybe the ming-da or the lesser darkvoice equivalent... wallet still hurting right now...

May 5, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #390 of 12,546
Hmm... I have had the DT880/250 previously and I did like how they sounded. The bass, detail and soundstage were some of the things I liked the most. I thought the mids were a bit too recessed for my liking since I mostly listen to vocal-driven music. 

How are the mids on the 600ohms? Would they be suited to indie type stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back