The BEST full sized headphones for $30 USD or less (updated Nov. 27 2013)?
Feb 21, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #391 of 411

Quote:
i appreciate the humor, but i am sort of looking for serious replies...please help me decide within my $40 range.

It's not humor.  Rather than having 2 rather crappy 40 dollar headphones, just save up.  Use your Sennheisers for a while until you have enough for an M50/HM5/Creative Aurvana Live

If you go for 2 40 dollar headphones you'll just have 2 flavors of crappiness.  Not ideal. 

Feb 21, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #392 of 411
The AKG K518 is only like $5 more than your budget. I'm not sure if there's anything else in your price range. The Superlux is a pretty good headphone too, but it won't have the bass you want. There will probably be people recommending the Panasonic HTF600, but they're pretty...underwhelming. They're bassy and stuff, but I'd take the AKG every time.

Feb 22, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #393 of 411

Quote:
It's not humor.  Rather than having 2 rather crappy 40 dollar headphones, just save up.  Use your Sennheisers for a while until you have enough for an M50/HM5/Creative Aurvana Live

If you go for 2 40 dollar headphones you'll just have 2 flavors of crappiness.  Not ideal. 

Good advice--but if you don't want to take it, get the Superlux 681.

Feb 22, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #394 of 411

Quote:
The AKG K518 is only like $5 more than your budget. I'm not sure if there's anything else in your price range. The Superlux is a pretty good headphone too, but it won't have the bass you want. There will probably be people recommending the Panasonic HTF600, but they're pretty...underwhelming. They're bassy and stuff, but I'd take the AKG every time.

Hey man!  I'm glad you made an appearance again!  So the AKG's are rich and full in bass like I want?  If so, I am definitely putting them near the top of my choices because you guided me with the Maxell DHP's and they were WELL worth the money (just crappy build quality unfortunately)!  :)

Quote:
Good advice--but if you don't want to take it, get the Superlux 681.

It's one that I am definitely considering, but Ischabible is making me consider the AKG now :p

-AKG K518
-Superlux 681

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Are there any Grado, Denon, or Audio-Technica headphones that have the full bass I want in my $40 range (clear highs too obviously..the best I can get for the price)? 

Feb 22, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #396 of 411

Quote:
Aren't the AKG's about twice the price of the Superlux--and therefore double your budget?

Nope.

The AKG's will be bassier, but the Superluxes will be a lot more mod-friendly if you're into that. I'd get the AKG's over the Superlux because you have the Senns for music that doesn't require a ton of bass.

BUT. Rhythmdevils' suggestion is better. It'd be totally worth saving up for a Creative Aurvana Live. While the AKG's are capable, the CAL's are "only" $30 more and sound much better.

Feb 23, 2012 at 4:16 AM Post #398 of 411
Ran into this tonight--AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red on sale for $40.88:

http://www.electronics-expo.com/akg-k-518-le-limited-edition-folding-headphones-red

Someone at AKG distribution must have put the red ones on sale.

May 8, 2012 at 6:23 AM Post #401 of 411
Wow I am sorry even in two sittings I couldn’t bring myself to read this whole thread. Maybe I’m just a slow reader but anyhow I am going to give the maxells a 62% chance (or something like that) of ending up in my hands soon… however I still want to research a bit more no offence… this thread is mad crazy though but a lot of what I read is a couple years old. I use to be into creating music via fl studio (and such) in the past and am just now getting into dubstep and wanted to try my hands at it in oppose to my customary techno, metal etc…  I know soundcards and all make a difference too but I’ll most likely return with a short review for bs. Anyhow I have like 80 thousand things I want to say at this point yet I am rather tired and don’t wish to drive everyone nutts so… I’ll continue to read on some more and Thanks to everyone for the contribution in helping me narrow down my pic from the 11 I had to a new 4 or so! (skipped p22-end for now) (I need to find some cheap ones for now cause I have recently lost my job , but I’ll be back when I have more $$)

Aug 2, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #402 of 411
so bumping this thread..didnt feel the need to start a new one, i'm sure this has been asked a ton. have read through this thread, it was actually quite fun. very lively debate, especially since its about 30 dollar headphones. anyways, i'm looking to pick up a pair for around 30-35 bucks for music/gaming. which do you knowledgeable people recommend?

from what i have read in this thread, looked around, these seem to come up quite a bit: (no order)

1. Monoprice 8323 
2. Koss UR55
3. Incipio NX-104
4. Superlux HD 681
5. JVC HARX700

another couple i found through this thread i kind of liked and seems to get good praise are the Pioneer SE-M390 as well as the PortaPro's

i'm not too worried about much else than comfort. I have a pair of grado SR-80's, love em, but they hurt my ears after a few hours, so i'm looking for a set that will allow me to wear for hours on end while gaming. that might eliminate the monoprices as i have read numerous times/places they can be uncomfortable. if it matters i think i plan on a combo of music while gaming, as well as maybe switching it up and just having the music/sound in the game as well. 

so which do you recommend. keep in mind it doesn't have to be any of the ones i mentioned, just as long as the price range is 30-35 bucks. 

also before anyone mentions to save up and get a better pair, i'm strictly in this price range.

thanks. 

Aug 2, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #403 of 411
@ZepFloyd
I like the Porta Pro's in this price range, and the clip on Koss KSC-75 are another good choice for sound, but you might not like clip on earphones.  I know I can't take them for long.

A lot of people will recommend the Panasonic HTF 600 set, but the pads on it are particularly nasty.  You'll be peeling them off your ears after long sessions.

I'd focus on the JVC and Superlux sets, if you don't like the looks of the Porta Pro's.

By the way, ZepFloyd, did you used to post over at MyCE/CDFreaks a few years back?  We had a poster using that nick and from Ohio. 

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #404 of 411
Quote:
@ZepFloyd
I like the Porta Pro's in this price range, and the clip on Koss KSC-75 are another good choice for sound, but you might not like clip on earphones.  I know I can't take them for long.

A lot of people will recommend the Panasonic HTF 600 set, but the pads on it are particularly nasty.  You'll be peeling them off your ears after long sessions.

I'd focus on the JVC and Superlux sets, if you don't like the looks of the Porta Pro's.

By the way, ZepFloyd, did you used to post over at MyCE/CDFreaks a few years back?  We had a poster using that nick and from Ohio. 

thanks for the feedback, kerry. 

to answer your question, yeah i did, think i actually recognize your name from there now that i think about it. 

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #405 of 411
Well, its good to see you didn't just keel over or something. 
smile.gif
   Good luck on your headphone hunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back