The BEST full sized headphones for $30 USD or less (updated Nov. 27 2013)?
Aug 10, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #376 of 411
Aug 10, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #377 of 411
The Sennheiser 203's have good clarity and decent bass (depending on your preference)... a good bet.  i'd also suggest the audio technica ath-m30 as it definitely has a surprising bass depth and clarity.  i think you'll be happy either way.

Aug 10, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #378 of 411

Quote:
Oh hi! What happened to your DHP's? And here, get these and don't look back: http://cgi.ebay.com/Sennheiser-HD428-DJ-Stereo-Headphones-/230653681531?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b407df7b#ht_4307wt_1139

Or you can get a pair of Philips The Stretch headphones on Amazon for $25.

AWESOME find!!!  There is no way there can be a better deal than this, right?!  Please give opinions people!  EDIT:  Oh, I just saw that they are refurbished..I am really iffy about that kind of stuff.. Isn't it hit or miss?  What if they stop working in, say, 2 months?  =/  Although, it is really really tempting.. :p

As far as the DHP's..well, to be honest, they still work GREAT..except for the fact that due to the general wear and tear, the cheap plastic is starting to unscrew/come apart... It's been 1 year..not bad for a pair of $22 hp's.. :p

Quote:
The Sennheiser 203's have good clarity and decent bass (depending on your preference)... a good bet.  i'd also suggest the audio technica ath-m30 as it definitely has a surprising bass depth and clarity.  i think you'll be happy either way.

I'm also iffy about the 203's based on the mixed opinions I have seen.  It seems as though in this price range people have mostly said there are better choices?  That was the result of asking around last time I used this thread heheheh.   I'm looking at these refurbished senn hd428's and the other audio-technica i mentioned before..  http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATHT22-Dynamic-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B000BNY0W0/ref=sr_1_1?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1312997003&sr=1-1

Aug 10, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #379 of 411
It's pretty unlikely, but I'd be willing to fix it if it breaks within a year.

Aug 10, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #380 of 411

Quote:
It's pretty unlikely, but I'd be willing to fix it if it breaks within a year.

Seriously?  Ahhh I wish I didn't have so much trouble just placing that trust in you (the fact that you would return them back etc..)  :p

Okay, well, I know you helped me last time.. So I just bought them!  

FINAL VERDICT:  The refurbished HD428's on eBay.

Thanks once again!  Especially to Ishcabible!  :D

Aug 10, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #381 of 411

Quote:
Seriously?  Ahhh I wish I didn't have so much trouble just placing that trust in you (the fact that you would return them back etc..)  :p

Okay, well, I know you helped me last time.. So I just bought them!  

FINAL VERDICT:  The refurbished HD428's on eBay.

Thanks once again!  Especially to Ishcabible!  :D

Haha I wouldn't steal them. I have 15 other headphones to keep me company. 
wink_face.gif

If you feel there isn't enough bass, I can probably help you with that.

Aug 10, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #383 of 411
Aug 10, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #384 of 411

Quote:
I would have recommended them, but they're closer to $40...

Yup, and I didn't have that much on my gift card haha!  :p  I really hope I am happy with the HD428's I just got.. I mean, I know if they don't break, then I just got an awesome deal.  If I'm not happy with the bass I will definitely PM you for help with that!  :)  Thanks so much Ishcabible

Feb 21, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #387 of 411

Hey everyone,

I need another pair of under $40 USD headphones.  I want a lot of bass, and then consideration for clear highs.  I want to feel the bass, and not have it be so shallow and plain like the HD 428's I last bought.  The Maxell DHP II had great sound for the price, and I miss that, but they are too expensive now.  Any suggestions for my guidelines?

Thanks!

Feb 21, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #390 of 411

Quote:
save up more :wink:

i appreciate the humor, but i am sort of looking for serious replies...please help me decide within my $40 range.

Quote:
Ive heard that the sennheiser 205 is a good over the ear headphone, its good for a beginner like you, and the sound is good for the price. Retais in places for £20

i am a beginner, but even as a beginner i know that there are much more full sounding headphones for the same price range.  i'd get the koss portapro over senn 205's =/

sennheiser 205 and others just don't seem to have RICH and FULL bass.  my maxell dhp-ii's had that, but they are over $50 now. 

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?  I've been considering Audio-Technica...Does anyone know if they have awesome bass and nice highs for the price range?

Also, what about Superlux 681?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back