The Audio Lounge
Apr 11, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #14,071 of 36,224
I use one of those with my iPhone, it's great. The only downside is with such a long cable on it added to the cable on my iems you do end up with a lot of wire. What I really need is a new short cable to fit between this and my iems (around 18" ought to do it), a cursory search hasn't found any yet, but I will admit to not having searched very hard yet.

Hmm, the one I gave my son can't be more than 6". Now wondering if they make this in longer lengths! All I know is once he got his volumes right he was excited as he got what he always wants and that's more bass for his crazy Hip-Hip:rolling_eyes: Figured that would be a given with it but I was hoping the i1 DAC would make his files sound better:wink: I'll probably have to give him more listening time before he says (or not) that his music sounds better all around:thinking:

@mbwilson111 , awesome choice on the Son House this morning:grin: Anytime is great for the Blues:sunglasses:

What I'm listening to this morning:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Apr 11, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #14,072 of 36,224
Hmm, the one I gave my son can't be more than 6". Now wondering if they make this in longer lengths! All I know is once he got his volumes right he was excited as he got what he always wants and that's more bass for his crazy Hip-Hip:rolling_eyes: Figured that would be a given with it but I was hoping the i1 DAC would make his files sound better:wink: I'll probably have to give him more listening time before he says (or not) that his music sounds better all around:thinking:

@mbwilson111 , awesome choice on the Son House this morning:grin: Anytime is great for the Blues:sunglasses:

What I'm listening to this morning:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Huh

Mine was like this:

upload_2019-4-11_14-48-25.png

As I have no use for the mic on it I'd have been happy with a 6" cable! Mine has around 32" of cable. Looks like I bought the wrong one.

Apr 11, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #14,074 of 36,224
Huh

Mine was like this:

As I have no use for the mic on it I'd have been happy with a 6" cable! Mine has around 32" of cable. Looks like I bought the wrong one.

Yeah, they do sell a 6" model but I don't think you can get one without the mic! Looks to be a great device for those with newer iPhones. I personally prefer the Radsone ES100 but the i1 is yet another option for better tunes via iPhone.

Apr 11, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #14,075 of 36,224
The build of the kanas is pretty good! But the stock tips are like bullets and the cable is OK but could be better, no sinch for a start... I'm still listening to the sound and how I feel about it so I will post properly when I come to some conclusions,... I will say though these are very smooth and relaxed and more than I have been used to of late as etys are clinical like ear surgery lol... A few things I will say upfront is I think @jerick70 pair will settle as the bass doesn't seem overpowering at all to me it is elevated slightly and on some tracks yes it kicks, I read these can compete with totl detail at times and I have to say on occasion I can agree to this etys again have a reputation for detail but on a few tracks the detail on these just shone through texture of strings etc in fact I think they do the textures very well .. My jury is still out and I think this is just coming from an ety surgical BA to a more relaxed DD but I don't want this to seem as a negative especially at the moment as I am quite enjoying them... I will make a more better opinion/ assumption soon

Apr 11, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #14,076 of 36,224
The build of the kanas is pretty good! But the stock tips are like bullets and the cable is OK but could be better, no sinch for a start... I'm still listening to the sound and how I feel about it so I will post properly when I come to some conclusions,... I will say though these are very smooth and relaxed and more than I have been used to of late as etys are clinical like ear surgery lol... A few things I will say upfront is I think @jerick70 pair will settle as the bass doesn't seem overpowering at all to me it is elevated slightly and on some tracks yes it kicks, I read these can compete with totl detail at times and I have to say on occasion I can agree to this etys again have a reputation for detail but on a few tracks the detail on these just shone through texture of strings etc in fact I think they do the textures very well .. My jury is still out and I think this is just coming from an ety surgical BA to a more relaxed DD but I don't want this to seem as a negative especially at the moment as I am quite enjoying them... I will make a more better opinion/ assumption soon
Yes these are very laid back. I have about 25 hours on my pair now and the smearing has lessened. But it is still there. So the breakin is helping. I still think the DM6 has more detail. Something else we have to take into account is the cable, electronics, and eartips that are being used. What eartips, DAP, and cable are you using?

Apr 11, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #14,077 of 36,224
Yes these are very laid back. I have about 25 hours on my pair now and the smearing has lessened. But it is still there. So the breakin is helping. I still think the DM6 has more detail. Something else we have to take into account is the cable, electronics, and eartips that are being used. What eartips, DAP, and cable are you using?

Even though I make cables I'm not a huge believer in differences as in as long as its good quality copper it will sound like most others .. Where I do think it makes a difference is guage/strands thicker more fuller sound and also silver plates to me seems to enhance treble and come across more detailed where as just Cooper tends to me to enhance lows warm it up.. This is just my feelings towards it and know its a hot topic.... Again tips wise I don't believe any are standout for me, I tend to use the stock mostly but I do have a zillion old stock laying around and because of my small ears and the nozzles being quite wide bore and deep insertion I have used some very small tips., this is still in experimental mode..... Sources have been x7ii and mojo .. I still am keeping a bit quiet on these but not because I think they are bad but more I'm finding them hard to judge as they are quite different to what I have been using of late .. I actually think most of the description I read is pretty accurate but will say more when I have had time to access them more and let my brain burn in.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #14,078 of 36,224

I can't comment on dm6 detail as yet or compare but one thing I think these are are a bit deceiving, at times they seem so smooth and relaxed that I feel you can be mistaken for them lacking detail but when I actually a/b (all be it very little at the moment not had time) to the er4xr it's there and in spades and honesty on more than one occasion I heard micro detail nuances I haven't picked up on before

Apr 11, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #14,081 of 36,224
I already got tickets to the Cowboy Junkies in October, playing at a very local venue in my town (3 blocks away) and just got tickets to see The Jayhawks in the same venue in September. Super stoked as I love these 2 bands and get to see them so close to home.

Well, from everything I've read, I'm down to 3 IEMs I would like to get: Kanas Pro, DM6 and IT01S. I don't think I'll go wrong with any of them. I am still waiting to see if MD will fulfill my order for the DMG so I will keep that open for now. I think I'm leaning to the Kanas Pro...anyone have some final thoughts?

Apr 11, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #14,082 of 36,224
I already got tickets to the Cowboy Junkies in October, playing at a very local venue in my town (3 blocks away) and just got tickets to see The Jayhawks in the same venue in September. Super stoked as I love these 2 bands and get to see them so close to home.

Well, from everything I've read, I'm down to 3 IEMs I would like to get: Kanas Pro, DM6 and IT01S. I don't think I'll go wrong with any of them. I am still waiting to see if MD will fulfill my order for the DMG so I will keep that open for now. I think I'm leaning to the Kanas Pro...anyone have some final thoughts?
In my opinion the DM6 is my choice right now. But I'm conflicted because my Kanas Pros are not burned in all the way. Also all of the 5 star reviews of the Kanas Pro portray them differently from what I'm experiencing with them. Maybe I have a bad pair? Not sure what to think....

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #14,083 of 36,224
But I'm conflicted because my Kanas Pros are not burned in all the way. Also all of the 5 star reviews of the Kanas Pro portray them differently from what I'm experiencing with them. Maybe I have a bad pair?

Have you checked that they are not out of phase? Whenever a bud or iem has not "sounded right" to me, it proves to be out of phase.

Apr 11, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #14,084 of 36,224
@jerick70 I read your initial impressions and I'm sorry that they are not what you were expecting. It could be burn-in, but I have rarely found that burn-in really will change much (except the IT01 I had). Have you tried them on different sources and still gave you the same sound?
Keep at it, I am really looking to see how you fare with this as I may be going through the same thing...

Apr 11, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #14,085 of 36,224
Have you checked that they are not out of phase? Whenever a bud or iem has not "sounded right" to me, it proves to be out of phase.

Damn, totally forgot about that, Spot on. I have been distracted enough that I didn't check that one time I went a week considering everything else (tips, cables, sources) only to face palm myself in correcting the connectors and all was good...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back