with:

20190327_231706.jpg

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #14,057 of 36,224
Well, I was listening to this before I took the pictures:rolling_eyes: LOL

Garden Tubes.JPG

Barbakane.JPG

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #14,058 of 36,224
Well I've a bud who has them and said for him they are kinda like the SS of his Toneking 9-Tails and I love the 9-Tails but I just have to tell myself sometimes enough is enough especially when I look in the box and have 3 dozen nice iem's:scream:

Dang Kev, maybe you should make a trip and see him in person so you can just punch him out and get it off your chest:rolling_eyes: Just from these few post (I'm sure as heck not going back to all your TA/Bob post) I'd say you went from Zero to 100 in short order and maybe even burnt any chances of a rapport with Bob early on:thinking: But what does a dumb old Yank like me know, especially how the UK let's people screw people over!
Believe me, I’ve been close !!!
As for a rapport with bob, there was no contact, nothing !!! All oneway traffic, burning any chances with him, I didn’t get any chances or products for that matter.
I was brought up to treat people with the same respect I would show my own family, this is the way I live my life always.
I could show all the emails I sent, every single one was fair, polite and even supportive as I know just how hard it is to keep to schedules whilst suppliers are being dicks and all the time keeping my customers happy.
So don’t for one minute think I’m the one that burned any chances of any kind rapport, this ones on him. Like many people out there, I’ll never get my money back. Should I forgive and forget, not a chance !!!

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #14,059 of 36,224
Hey guys one thing I want to say is we all are ex trinity we all got caught and some worse than others, I'm in the not to be trusted camp and always will be.. I grew up in not so nice circumstances have seen the lowest of the low would I put Bob In that category? Certainly not! But it does look suspiciously like the "long con" (Google it) but think it wasn't done originally with intention I. E set out in the beginning to do it ... But there were sporadic iems shipped, a, strategy of the long con its called "the hook" then as the people started to question the offers "the hook becomes even better! Dacs for 10 dollars Until the fish weren't biting any more and then next I'm quiting wasn't me .. Maybe this is my suspicious mind from my life experience?? but maybe it is how it seems ?? and only you can decide but every time someone defends there is always going to be one of us who are going to criticise... We are all friends here and we all are here in a funny way because of this so I will respect those who think the opposite as we all get along pretty well but also will always be saying maybe you shouldn't trust them.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #14,060 of 36,224
Interesting. From all my reading they sound soooooooo good. A lot of people say it's their best IEM. So I took a chance twice. We will see. I didn't pay full price for either iem.

Don't get me wrong: They do sound good... The R1's were really impressive first time I heard them. You will probably love them too... I'm just saying his purpose with these is to make money and an easy product line with little effort. Building these is super simple and probably not all that costly. But if they sound good in your ears after and you're content with what you paid for them? That's all that really matters, now does it. :)

Apr 10, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #14,061 of 36,224
Well I understand you Kev, for me it's uncharacteristic behavior by Bob but I believe and feel for you on this. Majo also makes a good point and if you feel one way or the other I say go with ones instincts on what they make and feel of the situation. At this point I'm going to bow out of any more TA/IMR or Bob talk and respect everyone for how they feel on there experiences with it all.

To change into something more positive my music loving 15 year old (He may very well be the chip off the very old block) was so disappointed when he got his new iPhone R and had to stop using his beloved Green ZS6's so I gave him the two pin silver lightning cable and he has been back in hog heaven but now I'm thinking I'm going to raise the bar for him again as I just got this cutie for him at least I hope it raises the bar:open_mouth:

FiiO AmpDAC i1.JPG

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #14,062 of 36,224
Hey guys one thing I want to say is we all are ex trinity we all got caught and some worse than others, I'm in the not to be trusted camp and always will be.. I grew up in not so nice circumstances have seen the lowest of the low would I put Bob In that category? Certainly not! But it does look suspiciously like the "long con" (Google it) but think it wasn't done originally with intention I. E set out in the beginning to do it ... But there were sporadic iems shipped, a, strategy of the long con its called "the hook" then as the people started to question the offers "the hook becomes even better! Dacs for 10 dollars Until the fish weren't biting any more and then next I'm quiting wasn't me .. Maybe this is my suspicious mind from my life experience?? but maybe it is how it seems ?? and only you can decide but every time someone defends there is always going to be one of us who are going to criticise... We are all friends here and we all are here in a funny way because of this so I will respect those who think the opposite as we all get along pretty well but also will always be saying maybe you shouldn't trust them.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions in regards to how that situation was handled... I personally don't blame anyone to classify Bob as Persona Non-Grata. I saw the opportunity of my R1 as a way of redeeming himself for the nonsense of Trinity, then he ended up double redeeming by giving me a free pair. So for me, I was able to get closure in that way. Others... Might be a little more difficult.

Apr 10, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #14,064 of 36,224
For those of you revisiting Trinity:

Apr 10, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #14,065 of 36,224
For those of you revisiting Trinity:

You are just wrong Groucho:rolling_eyes: But I can listen to Margo any time of the day:thumbsup:I've moved on to some "Big Head Todd":beerchug:

Apr 10, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #14,066 of 36,224
Apr 10, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #14,067 of 36,224
Not WOW, but to lighten the mood, I thought I'd share some songs that have been on my playlist a lot recently :)

Just simple, upbeat pop music, albeit from a Norwegian singer/songwriter called Marit Larsen. Anyone here know her?
Sung in English though. Interestingly, the album from which the two songs came is quite atypical; I heard these first, then found that all her other albums are mostly rootsy/folky singer-songwriter stuff.
So if this is not to your taste, I'd recommend checking out her other songs as they might be more your cup of tea :)

First, she (along with her friend since middle school, Marion Raven) started a band called M2M about 15 years ago when they were teens or pre-teens. Got some international fame.
I came across this lovely video of them warming up for a concert (including Marion fudging the percussion, quite amusing):

Then there's the two songs I mentioned. Since you've been talking about DM6, Kanas Pro etc, I recommend those for these two songs.
The drums here are mastered with a delightful thump and sound terrific on my IT01 :D
Please Don't Fall For Me:

Faith & Science:

Apr 11, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #14,069 of 36,224
Well I understand you Kev, for me it's uncharacteristic behavior by Bob but I believe and feel for you on this. Majo also makes a good point and if you feel one way or the other I say go with ones instincts on what they make and feel of the situation. At this point I'm going to bow out of any more TA/IMR or Bob talk and respect everyone for how they feel on there experiences with it all.

To change into something more positive my music loving 15 year old (He may very well be the chip off the very old block) was so disappointed when he got his new iPhone R and had to stop using his beloved Green ZS6's so I gave him the two pin silver lightning cable and he has been back in hog heaven but now I'm thinking I'm going to raise the bar for him again as I just got this cutie for him at least I hope it raises the bar:open_mouth:

I use one of those with my iPhone, it's great. The only downside is with such a long cable on it added to the cable on my iems you do end up with a lot of wire. What I really need is a new short cable to fit between this and my iems (around 18" ought to do it), a cursory search hasn't found any yet, but I will admit to not having searched very hard yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back