The Audio Lounge
Apr 10, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #14,042 of 36,387
It Will probably be tomorrow before I post anything as I'm out and quite tired.. I will have a quick listen when I get in though just to check

Congrats, there is already a lot of good vibes on those Majo and they are really sweet looking iem's:beerchug:

Apr 10, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #14,043 of 36,387
I couldn't resist and purchased the R2 after I purchased the R1Z yesterday..... :ksc75smile: I make myself laugh. After all the anti-Bob discussion yesterday and the PTSD that all you guys exhibited.... What the h-e-double-hocky-sticks. This Bob guy is a master manipulator.

By the way the R2 looks really cool.

Bob must have a reality distortion field....

To give you a taste of what an IMR R1 is, here it is. It's a Dynamic Driver in the back, a Ceramic driver in the front. Two wires, a 2 pin connector and a manual wheel. What is the Zenith? a 1 mm larger driver in the back, probably same driver in the front, a twist pin instead of a mechanical wheel... The shell has space for at least 3-4 mm increase on the DD, he just has to change that driver, the face plate for the Open Back feature with something different, sells it as a new device with little production cost increase. The R2 will basically be the same thing: Back grill screwed on, bigger dynamic driver, same ceramic driver, new cable. Smart business model? I think so.

IMG_20190410_143307.jpg IMG_20190410_143326.jpg

Apr 10, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #14,044 of 36,387
Now this would just be me but if I were Bob (knowing he never intended to dupe so many over towards the final demise of Trinity) and reading all the fine takes on me in all the threads that shred me I would have trouble honoring a trade from the disgruntled. Not saying he did not have some share of the blame but I have and always will believe it was not a single handed maneuver:wink: Probably the reason I let him slide on my 10 Icarus II:rolling_eyes: I also know that in all my dealings with Bob direct I have never been done wrong or even slighted in the least (go ahead and blame it on my good looks) and I have had many exchanges and transactions with Bob direct pre/post TA as well as ongoing with IMR. Bob has never been anything but professional with me (refer back to the good looks part here) still is to this day, did not matter if it was an exchange, trade, repair or just an upgrade. Matter a fact my Gorilla fingers managed to strip out the threading on my open/close knob on my R1 Zenith and Bob said he would send out a new one but I did not want to disrupt inventory or sales flow so I just ask for a mailing address and he repaired/replaced that side and promptly returned it which is how he has always been with me. Therefore I can't go where so many have with him here but I conduct myself as others conduct themselves with me. And when I say I've done plenty of business with him before and after I mean plenty! Now with all that said I fully understand why so many of you feel the way that you do it's just not the case for me.

And this shot is missing Hyperion's absconded by the little woman and the two pair of Techne's my 14 -17 year old managed to destroy over a 3 year period and I've never seen a pair of iem's that could be washed so many times and still sound great all the way to their cable death:disappointed:

Since you are on the fence with the Zenith's I have to say having both the Zenith's do trump (God I hate that word almost as much or maybe because of the MAN):hushed:

He has to share some of the blame, most of it I would say. If it wasn’t his intention to rip us off, then why hasn’t he tried to contact all of us to apologise and recompense us. After all he has all our email addresses that some how were passed on from Trinity!!!!

Apr 10, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #14,045 of 36,387
To give you a taste of what an IMR R1 is, here it is. It's a Dynamic Driver in the back, a Ceramic driver in the front. Two wires, a 2 pin connector and a manual wheel. What is the Zenith? a 1 mm larger driver in the back, probably same driver in the front, a twist pin instead of a mechanical wheel... The shell has space for at least 3-4 mm increase on the DD, he just has to change that driver, the face plate for the Open Back feature with something different, sells it as a new device with little production cost increase. The R2 will basically be the same thing: Back grill screwed on, bigger dynamic driver, same ceramic driver, new cable. Smart business model? I think so.

As long as SQ improves I'm little concerned with driver appointments, I do think the larger rear driver and the newer open close port design significantly upgraded the R1 Zenith's overall sound for the better for sure. I have often felt he does rush to market a little as you all are aware he has done little tweaks to many of his iem's after original release, the same thing happened to me with the Delta's and then the Vyrus models however Brooko always preferred his Delta v1's. Of course for some makers it's just the reverse like with KZ and the ZS5's as v! still beats out the v@ model for most:wink:

Kev, I sure hope you release all that pent up angst one day as it really is bad for your health and as I said you have a right to be upset but at this point it really is water under the bridge. once again if it were I and even before he could clear out the boat he was ripped to shreds and once again if that were me I doubt for those so fervent I may have just ignored them as well. When he was out of funds he sure could not produce what was promised nor return funding. I don't know if he pulled the royal scam but as I said he never failed to do the right thing by me so I've never drove a stake into his chest. In a way I kind of admire him for over coming his downfall at TA and in these threads and selling a great new iem (actually a couple now) not to mention I still love my old TA iem's.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #14,046 of 36,387

Interesting. From all my reading they sound soooooooo good. A lot of people say it's their best IEM. So I took a chance twice. We will see. I didn't pay full price for either iem.

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #14,047 of 36,387
He has to share some of the blame, most of it I would say. If it wasn’t his intention to rip us off, then why hasn’t he tried to contact all of us to apologise and recompense us. After all he has all our email addresses that some how were passed on from Trinity!!!!

Legal implications, shame of the whole situation. He has apologized on two occasions, made good with a few people that were treated wrongly and accepted buying from him again, but how do you want him to recompense people otherwise? Give back money he didn't have? Give a deal on other IEM's which most disgruntled people won't buy? There weren't many options but cut his loss and hope it blows over for him. Not that I'm defending him, I'm just trying to put myself in the mindset of being in the same situation and frankly, there isn't much you can do in a situation like this. There's A LOT of stuff that has been discovered that was never told to everyone as well.

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #14,048 of 36,387
All you guys talking about the Zeniths being so nice makes me wanna trade in my R1's for them. STOP IT. :triportsad:

Why not?

...unless he sends you one of the out of phase ones.

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #14,049 of 36,387
Apr 10, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #14,051 of 36,387
Legal implications, shame of the whole situation. He has apologized on two occasions, made good with a few people that were treated wrongly and accepted buying from him again, but how do you want him to recompense people otherwise? Give back money he didn't have? Give a deal on other IEM's which most disgruntled people won't buy? There weren't many options but cut his loss and hope it blows over for him. Not that I'm defending him, I'm just trying to put myself in the mindset of being in the same situation and frankly, there isn't much you can do in a situation like this. There's A LOT of stuff that has been discovered that was never told to everyone as well.
Like I said earlier, if you know how the law works in this country you can screw people over and over. He never apologised to me, never made good with me and yes, I’d like my money back !!!
Not one email did I receive in reply to the many I sent, for me to seriously believe he wasn’t mostly to blame would be absurd.
If I treated my customers like that, I’d run out of work pretty damn quick. I take great pride in my work and delivering an excellent service for each and every customer.
If I took money from a customer and gave nothing in return I would expect legal action in return, nothing less.

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #14,052 of 36,387
Thanks can't wait to try them and hoping they live upto the hype.... I'm out but I know what I would rather be doing.

Well I've a bud who has them and said for him they are kinda like the SS of his Toneking 9-Tails and I love the 9-Tails but I just have to tell myself sometimes enough is enough especially when I look in the box and have 3 dozen nice iem's:scream:

Dang Kev, maybe you should make a trip and see him in person so you can just punch him out and get it off your chest:rolling_eyes: Just from these few post (I'm sure as heck not going back to all your TA/Bob post) I'd say you went from Zero to 100 in short order and maybe even burnt any chances of a rapport with Bob early on:thinking: But what does a dumb old Yank like me know, especially how the UK let's people screw people over!

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #14,053 of 36,387
Well I've a bud who has them and said for him they are kinda like the SS of his Toneking 9-Tails and I love the 9-Tails but I just have to tell myself sometimes enough is enough especially when I look in the box and have 3 dozen nice iem's:scream:

For a time I was planning on getting the Kanas Pro. It would have been my most expensive IEM. Then the Zenith fell into my lap and I realized I did not need to get the Kanas. Also, like you, I have the 9-Tail...and quite a few really good IEMs. At the moment though I am enjoying my buds more... especially the ones that my husband @HungryPanda has made... like this latest one.

The HungryPanda Eclipse.

R0014509.JPG

...and then there is the HungryPanda 600 (as in 600 ohm) that sounds like a headphone. So far I have only used it with my desktop dac/amp. To use it with one I my DAPS I think I might have to add a portable amp. I have been lazy lately and just using my favorite good daps without extra amping with lower impedance iems and buds.

R0014455.JPG

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #14,054 of 36,387
For a time I was planning on getting the Kanas Pro. It would have been my most expensive IEM. Then the Zenith fell into my lap and I realized I did not need to get the Kanas. Also, like you, I have the 9-Tail...and quite a few really good IEMs. At the moment though I am enjoying my buds more... especially the ones that my husband @HungryPanda has made... like this latest one.

The HungryPanda Eclipse.

...and then there is the HungryPanda 600 (as in 600 ohm) that sounds like a headphone. So far I have only used it with my desktop dac/amp. To use it with one I my DAPS I think I might have to add a portable amp. I have been lazy lately and just using my favorite good daps without extra amping with lower impedance iems and buds.

Well now I see the Panda Man has excellent taste not only in audio:slight_smile: You know what they say "A family that Jams together Jams together":thumbsup: You two make a great team:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back