The Audio Lounge
Apr 12, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #14,101 of 36,224
OK been listening to the kanas pro for a bit on various devices and trying different tips, comparing to ex3r and 4r .. First thing I want to say is maybe my assumption about tips in my earlier posts was wrong I have now tried various different tips foam, double flange, hard silicone soft silicone and various sizes and to be honest as long as I'm achieving a good seal there doesn't seem to be much variation for me.
OK going back to the sound, firstly for 150 I think this is a pretty good iem it does some things realy well and sig in general seems pretty balanced to me with a bit of a low end lift with no bleed at all, it also has a very textured sound with just the right amount of warmth and body and some instruments especially strings are very nice on these, stage has OK width just slightly out of head but doesn't come across very deep to me but more than acceptable and actually quite nice, highs absolutely no sibilance with just the right amount of bite quite a pleasure to listen to, infact the whole sig in my eyes is very pleasing and relaxed in other words non fatiguing, detail on these at times is top notch I have heard stuff and picked up on bits I genuinely haven't before and I think of all the things they offer this is the best bit .... OK now the negative lol I actually agree sort of with @jerick70 about the mids but I first want to point out I'm coming from etys which are crystal clear and vocals, mids can seem ever so slightly forward on them, in comparison the kanas on some vocals seem like @jerick70 said a bit smeared or perhaps veiled, they certainly aren't recessed at all but compared to lows and highs they just seem a little well not quite there.
Now again I'm coming from an ety ba to a already reported smooth dd so maybe this is what I'm picking up ... I do have hopefully later some simgot EN700 Pro arriving today so I will have a very quick listen and especially on the mids of them ... It wont be a major listen as its Fri and this means its girlfriend day so I'm not allowed to partake in "headphones again!"(if she falls asleep early I may get away with it)

Apr 12, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #14,102 of 36,224
Hey dude this may sound a realy stupid question but you did buy the pro version ?? The just kanas sound like your describing....i still haven't had time to realy evaluate so I will listen for the smearing later dude OK but it still could be just not for you and maybe not for me all though I have enjoyed them in the back ground of work lol . I think I should be allowed time during to evaluate lol
You may have something here. Yes I did buy the pro version. At least the listing on Amazon advertised it as the pro. The accessory pack is the pro also. Maybe just maybe the non-pro ear pieces were packaged in a pro box with the pro accessory pack?

Apr 12, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #14,103 of 36,224
Guys, I should have the Kanas Pro also in the next few days and will give my initial thoughts when I can.

I recently got the BGVP DMG, the Tin T2 Pro and the Titan T1, and I will fling a few comparative words together in a half coherent, half random way..........:smile_phones:

I think that we should also mention the tips that we have tried and what DAP, etc. to try to be more informative.....................
On tips I've tried JVC medium spiral dots, and the large tips that come with the Kansas. Fits not quite right in my ears with either and the jvcs are to big for the stem. I'm waiting for a pair of spin fits to see if these are better.

Apr 12, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #14,104 of 36,224
I just want to add that I do think the kanas is a realy good iem in fact it's one of the best I have heard under 200 and quite a few higher it does some things exceptionally well, I love the *just the right amount"
of most of the sig and that's saying something if you have a passion for etys which are realy neutral . I loved the body of the sound not too full but but not anemic, I loved the bass lift it is much more than etys but it never came across too much, highs again just right nice little bit of sparkle but never fatiguing .. This iem does so much right for me but the vocals mids I'm not to certain of, I think I have said on a few posts vocals are always or should be the star of the show for me and the rest is the acompaniament ( hope I spelt that right that honestly was a dyslexics nightmare word) so I'm a little torn with these at the moment.

Edit. as a preference point of view if you can handle the lows not being so much and its overall sig not being so full I think the er3xr are just as good if not better in the areas I havent just pointed out and in the same price bracket ish.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #14,105 of 36,224
You may have something here. Yes I did buy the pro version. At least the listing on Amazon advertised it as the pro. The accessory pack is the pro also. Maybe just maybe the non-pro ear pieces were packaged in a pro box with the pro accessory pack?

The original shell is brushed I think not shiny but don't mean the drivers couldn't be wrong though.. as I said though I do feel the mids are a little off but if that's coming from ety ba I don't know ..like I said I got the simgot hopefully here today so I will give them a quick listen especially to the mids

Apr 12, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #14,106 of 36,224
More Todd

Apr 12, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #14,107 of 36,224
So I probably have two main reason for my love of the blues, I lived in Austin in my late teens and got to see many an awesome venue at places like Austin Opera (Opry) House, The hole in the Wall, The Continental Club, Antone's, Maggie Mae's, The Broken Spoke, The Paramount, Threadgill's and of course Austin City Limits. Then the Blues was the most comforting and close to home since I lost my parents at 12 years old, moved from the Orphanage (San Antonio) to Austin when I graduated HS. I was also fortunate enough to see SRV three times before his passing, will never forget the all-night vigil for him at Zilker park when out in the middle of the park they put a hot air balloon basket down and burned the flame all night as a tribute candle. Best show was not even Stevie's show but rather the Eric Clapton show in Austin where towards the end of the show Stevie came out and jammed with him.
More Todd

Probably their most famous song, you want a really good BHT pick up their Big Head Blues Club 100 years of Robert Johnson CD (Or download for you progressives):wink:

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #14,108 of 36,224
The original shell is brushed I think not shiny but don't mean the drivers couldn't be wrong though.. as I said though I do feel the mids are a little off but if that's coming from ety ba I don't know ..like I said I got the simgot hopefully here today so I will give them a quick listen especially to the mids
These are the polished shell version. So I think they are the pro version.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #14,109 of 36,224
Look what else just turned up
IMG_20190412_184351.jpg IMG_20190412_184408.jpg

Apr 12, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #14,111 of 36,224
OK been listening to the kanas pro for a bit on various devices and trying different tips, comparing to ex3r and 4r .. First thing I want to say is maybe my assumption about tips in my earlier posts was wrong I have now tried various different tips foam, double flange, hard silicone soft silicone and various sizes and to be honest as long as I'm achieving a good seal there doesn't seem to be much variation for me.
OK going back to the sound, firstly for 150 I think this is a pretty good iem it does some things realy well and sig in general seems pretty balanced to me with a bit of a low end lift with no bleed at all, it also has a very textured sound with just the right amount of warmth and body and some instruments especially strings are very nice on these, stage has OK width just slightly out of head but doesn't come across very deep to me but more than acceptable and actually quite nice, highs absolutely no sibilance with just the right amount of bite quite a pleasure to listen to, infact the whole sig in my eyes is very pleasing and relaxed in other words non fatiguing, detail on these at times is top notch I have heard stuff and picked up on bits I genuinely haven't before and I think of all the things they offer this is the best bit .... OK now the negative lol I actually agree sort of with @jerick70 about the mids but I first want to point out I'm coming from etys which are crystal clear and vocals, mids can seem ever so slightly forward on them, in comparison the kanas on some vocals seem like @jerick70 said a bit smeared or perhaps veiled, they certainly aren't recessed at all but compared to lows and highs they just seem a little well not quite there.
Now again I'm coming from an ety ba to a already reported smooth dd so maybe this is what I'm picking up ... I do have hopefully later some simgot EN700 Pro arriving today so I will have a very quick listen and especially on the mids of them ... It wont be a major listen as its Fri and this means its girlfriend day so I'm not allowed to partake in "headphones again!"(if she falls asleep early I may get away with it)
Excellent review!

I have to add that my issue is a little different than just the mids. I'm hearing the smearing on transients and cymbals in busy songs usually. That part of the frequency seems to go away but I think it's because the timing is off so the waveforms mix together and makes it incoherent for some reason. I would say it could be a problem with the crossover point but I don't think these have a cross over, at least I can't find anything with information on Moondrop using a cross over. Also could be the voice coil not being able to keep up? Maybe it's my ears with this driver geometry? Still trying to figure it out.

Anyway I really like the tonality and overall presentation. These are excellent iems. The sound signature is so lush and enjoyable to listen to. Pairs really well with tubes. I'll be keeping these.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #14,114 of 36,224
Look what else just turned up

EN700 Pros? I love the Red/Gold ones and even like the combo pair Red Right/Blue Left:beerchug: I like their bass too:grin:

Exercising an old school rig today!

7th Gen SR60 C421.JPG

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #14,115 of 36,224
I haven't ever heard any Simgots, but I must say I really appreciate the retro aesthetic of their IEMs. Enjoy the new gear.

Excellent review!

I have to add that my issue is a little different than just the mids. I'm hearing the smearing on transients and cymbals in busy songs usually. That part of the frequency seems to go away but I think it's because the timing is off so the waveforms mix together and makes it incoherent for some reason. I would say it could be a problem with the crossover point but I don't think these have a cross over, at least I can't find anything with information on Moondrop using a cross over. Also could be the voice coil not being able to keep up? Maybe it's my ears with this driver geometry? Still trying to figure it out.

Anyway I really like the tonality and overall presentation. These are excellent iems. The sound signature is so lush and enjoyable to listen to. Pairs really well with tubes. I'll be keeping these.

EEEEWWWWWW SHINY NEW TOY!!!!!!! These look very cool. I'm glued to my seat in anticipation of your thoughts on these....

OK I want to say thanks @jerick70 for your opinion of my opinion lol and I'm going to come clean I didn't buy the simgot EN700 Pro I was asked by simgot to do a review on them :fearful: .. I know I'm as shocked as you are LMAO (I hope you all are not laughing its not that funny. :neutral_face:) anyway I nearly said no mainly because I lack the confidence due to my dyslexia I debated for a day and spoke to some headfiers and friends who all said go for it you can do it! So here I am lol .. I will get someone to proof read for me and also keep the blaspheming to the bare minimum kol

So obviously I dont want to say to much about them just yet .. But honestly I just tried them on had a quick listen and I love the build its realy realy well made even the cable is unique and fits like a glove, I'm being totally genuine about this no ulterior motive they are realy nice better than most I have tried at this price range I'm glad about this as I was a bit nervous lol .... Anyway that's all I'm saying for now

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back