The Audio Lounge
Apr 12, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #14,132 of 36,193
@majo123 I think you'll a stand-up job at the review. Don't overthink it, write about what pleased you and what didn't. Just be honest. Really looking forward to reading your thoughts. I had the EN700 Bass back a while ago and really liked their sound. My wife owns them now and it's her go-to for IEMs.

@Midgetguy - you should have accepted. I was approached by Dan at Periodic to review their new little amp (which I posted here back some time ago) and it was my first time reviewing something formally. Great experience. Was fun and tough at the same time. Felt privileged and honored to be considered. I know I would have enjoyed reading your opinion about the product.

That's a great thing about this forum, we all have different opinions and likes but we all like to get feedback and new perspectives from each other. It's great to get someone's enthusiasm about a product which may spur us to pick it up, like all the talk about the Kanas Pro going around. At the very least, I want one to see if I hear what you all do...

Cheers to all of you.

Thanks dude and I agree with your perspective of approach,, first time for everything ... One thing you picked up on that I didn't think about is how obviously this thread is getting recognition which is good for us all.

Apr 12, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #14,133 of 36,193
Thanks dude and I agree with your perspective of approach,, first time for everything ... One thing you picked up on that I didn't think about is how obviously this thread is getting recognition which is good for us all.

Our little thread is all grown up now, lol.

Honestly, when I started it, I never expected this thread to become what it has or to last this long. It is my HF home base, I check in here and then radiate out to other threads. Soon we'll be at 1000 pages which is just crazy.

Apr 12, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #14,134 of 36,193

Honestly, when I started it, I never expected this thread to become what it has or to last this long. It is my HF home base, I check in here and then radiate out to other threads. Soon we'll be at 1000 pages which is just crazy.

Indeed it works... and the reason I think it works is firstly like all others on here we love audio but we are not biased in any way... Also we talk about all products and not only products music likes too and its light hearted and serious, I probably wouldn't have built my own cables and probably wouldn't be doing the simgot review either.

Apr 12, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #14,135 of 36,193
LOL thanks you should have gone for it, and I hope I do ok its not easy for me putting my thoughts on paper but il try my best.
You'll do a great job!

@majo123 I think you'll a stand-up job at the review. Don't overthink it, write about what pleased you and what didn't. Just be honest. Really looking forward to reading your thoughts. I had the EN700 Bass back a while ago and really liked their sound. My wife owns them now and it's her go-to for IEMs.

@Midgetguy - you should have accepted. I was approached by Dan at Periodic to review their new little amp (which I posted here back some time ago) and it was my first time reviewing something formally. Great experience. Was fun and tough at the same time. Felt privileged and honored to be considered. I know I would have enjoyed reading your opinion about the product.

That's a great thing about this forum, we all have different opinions and likes but we all like to get feedback and new perspectives from each other. It's great to get someone's enthusiasm about a product which may spur us to pick it up, like all the talk about the Kanas Pro going around. At the very least, I want one to see if I hear what you all do...

Cheers to all of you.
Eh, I decided against it. When I did reviews, I did them I my own pace and that pace would just be painfully slow. The ones I've done in the past? Months from time in hand to review posted. I just don't think that'd be fair to Simgot. If I knew I'd do it within a month maybe of receiving, I probably would've gone for it, but I know myself well enough to know that wouldn't happen. Like I said, flattering they even thought of me though.

Apr 12, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #14,136 of 36,193
You'll do a great job!

Eh, I decided against it. When I did reviews, I did them I my own pace and that pace would just be painfully slow. The ones I've done in the past? Months from time in hand to review posted. I just don't think that'd be fair to Simgot. If I knew I'd do it within a month maybe of receiving, I probably would've gone for it, but I know myself well enough to know that wouldn't happen. Like I said, flattering they even thought of me though.

Indeed and understand think you would of done a good job though .. I'm not going to rush (sorry simgot) one thing I think that is often overlooked is proper use I'm going to use them solid for 2 weeks and put them through there paces including wear and tear

Apr 12, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #14,137 of 36,193
Indeed and understand think you would of done a good job though .. I'm not going to rush (sorry simgot) one thing I think that is often overlooked is proper use I'm going to use them solid for 2 weeks and put them through there paces including wear and tear
I like the wear and tear part, for me the build quality is key. If it’s not there then neither am I. I’ve said it before, if a company doesn’t put 100% into the build/finish quality then what does that say about the interior, the unseen work and design!!!
Not to mention the overall attitude of a company’s philosophy towards its image and customers.
I’m not a fan of stack em high and sell em cheap kind of products, been there and got one or two T-shirts for my trouble lol
Of course this is just my opinion and we’re all free to choose as we please, variety being the spice of life and all that :smile_phones:

Apr 12, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #14,138 of 36,193

I dread to think how much money we’ll all have spent by the 1000th page, be fun to know though......or would it lol
Great thread dude :beerchug:

Apr 12, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #14,140 of 36,193
I'd have to guess that with the over ears, amps, dacs, cables, and in ears since this thread started I'm easily over $2500. Not as bad as I thought really. But, that is only a guess from the things I recall, I probably shouldn't dive any deeper, lol.

Apr 12, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #14,142 of 36,193
I'd have to guess that with the over ears, amps, dacs, cables, and in ears since this thread started I'm easily over $2500. Not as bad as I thought really. But, that is only a guess from the things I recall, I probably shouldn't dive any deeper, lol.
I spent that on one amp. :dizzy_face:

Apr 12, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #14,143 of 36,193
It's not just the perspective and points-of-view. It's the fellowship in our journey. I like you all. You are a great group and I love that we share some personal and professional views and we're all supportive. A true judgement-free zone. A testimony to @OldDude04 and his vision in creating this place. It's my first stop and launching point as well and my wrap-up to see what everyone has contributed when i'm away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back