The Audio Lounge
Jul 30, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #19,426 of 36,118
The cables are not stiff at all, quite flexible. Sound is rather nice, just had a quick listen with the stock black filters, vocals are smooth and clear. Bass is pretty good (black filters of course) No harshness detected

Cool, is the gold filter still his extended bass filter? I'm too keen on the 16 cores right now like the one I currently have on my Zenith's:wink:

Zenith R1’s!.JPG

Of course if I was a real (extremely rich) man I'd put one of these

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/328...&terminal_id=6d94b79815fc4182be61c21441177752

on them:scream: LOL

Jul 30, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #19,427 of 36,118
Hope you let MB give us her impression too if they can be wedged out your hands:rolling_eyes:

I have no plans to try them. I only ended up with the Zenith because of the phase issue with the first batch. When he sent the replacement heads he did not require the defective ones to be sent back. So, those are mine. I just cannot use a cable with a preformed ear guide as I have to turn one of the cable sides "wrong way around" to correct the phase. They do sound very good but as you know, I have others, some way cheaper, that I also love.

...and then there are the buds....

...and the headphoness...

Jul 30, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #19,428 of 36,118
You could have stopped that last part of typing with a simple Yada, Yada, Yada..........:rolling_eyes:

Jul 30, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #19,430 of 36,118
there is a coupon for £2.51

Appreciate the cable job Mr. Panda, be Bumpin' Da 5 Five 's right now:beerchug: U2 MB:grin: Hope that package arrives soon:wink:

Bumpin’ Da 7 Five 5’s.JPG

Jul 30, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #19,431 of 36,118
You could have stopped that last part of typing with a simple Yada, Yada, Yada..........:rolling_eyes:

I have never said Yada in my life:) I have said blah blah blah..

What filter do you use on your Zenith? I have enjoyed the blue, pink and the orange... whichever one was in my ears at the time was my favorite. I did not like the Copper.... the bass almost made my head explode. I actually felt nauseated. The black is not an option for me because it is in use by Panda. Only the replacement heads were sent... no filters or box or anything. There was a thin free silver cable but I did not like it.

This is how mine look right now. I wonder what other color cables would look good on it.

R0015072.JPG

Jul 30, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #19,432 of 36,118
I have never said Yada in my life:) I have said blah blah blah..

What filter do you use on your Zenith? I have enjoyed the blue, pink and the orange... whichever one was in my ears at the time was my favorite. I did not like the Copper.... the bass almost made my head explode. I actually felt nauseated. The black is not an option for me because it is in use by Panda. Only the replacement heads were sent... no filters or box or anything. There was a thin free silver cable but I did not like it.

This is how mine look right now. I wonder what other color cables would look good on it.

LOL, BOOM!

R1 Z-Boom.JPG

I actually put these on as I had been playing a bunch of Tangerine Dream on my Colorfly C3/Toppings NX1s combo mind you with the NX1s Bass switched on as well :open_mouth: My usual filter is the black followed by Gunmetal so don't Blah, Blah Blah me please:wink: Cable? I'm kind of partial to this silver YY 8 core but a nice gray might look sweet too:beerchug: Sure nothing wrong with the way you two have them set up:)

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #19,433 of 36,118
I actually used the purple filters from my never fixed or replaced Trinity Masters on the IMR R1. It was fantastic, plenty of bass, a nice present midsection, and wonderful high end. @Podster, @HungryPanda, and @mbwilson111, if you haven't tried the filters from a Trinity IEM on your R1, you really should.

2019-07-30.jpg

Jul 30, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #19,434 of 36,118
I actually used the purple filters from my never fixed or replaced Trinity Masters on the IMR R1. It was fantastic, plenty of bass, a nice present midsection, and wonderful high end. @Podster, @HungryPanda, and @mbwilson111, if you haven't tried the filters from a Trinity IEM on your R1, you really should.

I have the green filter on my Masters so the purple is available.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #19,437 of 36,118
Here are a couple of looks I like with the R1Z

I do like them with the White SP cables for sure:thumbsup:

THX @OldDude04 , have been meaning to see what all (TA) filters fit the R1's just not gotten around to it yet:wink:

Jul 30, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #19,438 of 36,118
Jul 30, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #19,439 of 36,118
I do like them with the White SP cables for sure:thumbsup:

THX @OldDude04 , have been meaning to see what all (TA) filters fit the R1's just not gotten around to it yet:wink:
The white colored is actually Silver alloy. Not plated at all. Not sure what the silver is mixed with because Null Audio won't tell you. It has their super secret sauce I guess.

Jul 30, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #19,440 of 36,118
The white colored is actually Silver alloy. Not plated at all. Not sure what the silver is mixed with because Null Audio won't tell you. It has their super secret sauce I guess.

Obviously out of my price range. $30 would be my limit. Much less for cheaper IEMs.

The Zenith is my most expensive one.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back