1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Audio Lounge

1. mbwilson111
    You are in good company:)

HungryPanda likes this.
  2. Podster
    I don't know Light, still seems like Bob is a winner there:thinking:

@HungryPanda , is that what he's shipping the R2's in? There's enough room in that case to cut out spaces for a DAP and DAC + or AMP:grin:

True @mbwilson111 but I still may hold top honors of the category:fearful:

OldDude04 and Light - Man like this.
  3. jerick70
    I have to agree. The R1Z is excellent. I can't wait to get the R2.

4. jerick70
    Nice! You lucky lucky Panda.....

lucky-panda.jpg

OldDude04 and HungryPanda like this.
  5. HungryPanda
    Yes the case is rather large. 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches

20190730_110135[1].jpg

jerick70 likes this.
  6. Podster
    Nice, how's that cable? Looks a little on the stiffer side? I could sure see removing those tips and enlarging that spot for my Shanny M2 and after finding my fave filter opening that spot up for say a SE cable for when I want to run off my phone:grin: I love the look of the R2 back:yum: Guess you'll be giving us some sound impressions soon:thumbsup: Hope you let MB give us her impression too if they can be wedged out your hands:rolling_eyes:

@SteveOliver , that's a great cut:thumbsup: I love Laurie, IMHO everyone needs a copy of Mr. Heartbreak:wink: Here stuff with Gabriel and Reed are one of a kind!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    groucho69 and Whazzzup like this.
  7. HungryPanda
    The cables are not stiff at all, quite flexible. Sound is rather nice, just had a quick listen with the stock black filters, vocals are smooth and clear. Bass is pretty good (black filters of course) No harshness detected

8. majo123
    I have just suddenly remembered this monstrosity, I heard this too on the radio a few months ago and if this isn't in the running I don't know what is lol.

Edit.. This is the first time I have seen and heard this since I had the displeasure months ago.....i can't stop laughing lol

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  9. Light - Man
    Hey Jerick, I have noticed that you have been very quiet about the AQ Night Hawk's, can we take it that you are not too keen on them?

10. jerick70
    No actually I love the nighthawks. It's just been really busy at my new job so I haven't been on much.

11. jerick70
    @Light - Man I'm listening to the NH's right now with my new rig...

IMG_20190730_081114.jpg

barondla, Rhino73, groucho69 and 4 others like this.
  12. Jackpot77
    For anyone who is interested, the first part of my impressions on Canjam London are up on my blog - JH Audio, Westone, oBravo, Beyerdynamic, Ibasso, InEar and Jomo Audio. Only 8 more manufacturers to go! :wink:

https://audioprimate.blog/2019/07/30/canjam-london-2019-part-one/

For the planar lovers in here, the oBravo Cupid impressions might be worth a look...

13. OldDude04
    I've been loving mine as well. I forgot to mention in here, I did get those HM5 hybrid pads in and give them a shot. They were comfortable as can be but sucked too much bass out for me. Killing bass is a no no for the OldDude, lol.

groucho69 and jerick70 like this.
  14. jerick70
    You should see if you can pick up some of the original NH hybrid pads. They focus the sound and bring out more bass than the stock protein leather pads. Plus they are more comfortable.

groucho69 likes this.
  15. OldDude04
    I looked after you scored a pair, none are out there right now. I'll keep my eye out for a pair, but I'm not holding my breath, lol.