1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Audio Lounge

1. OldDude04
    Well, look what finally showed up. My MMCX to 2.5mm adapters. Time to play with some IEM cables for my Nighthawks!

2019-07-30 (1).jpg

Rhino73, barondla, groucho69 and 4 others like this.
  2. jerick70
    Since I've been in the hobby, I've only had one cable turn green. It was on a Fiio 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm adapter. The higher quality cables shouldn't turn green.

Here's a >$30 white cable that gets good reviews. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32934498215.html

Podster and OldDude04 like this.
  3. jerick70
    Let us know how it rolls bro.

OldDude04 likes this.
  4. mbwilson111
    Don't forget, it can't have formed ear guides because mine is from the out of phase first batch. Unless we open it and turn the connector piece around, I have to turn one of the cable ends around.

OldDude04 likes this.
  5. OldDude04
    BTW, I hate you guys... I just bought a used set of IMR R1's... you made me miss them, lol. I need to take a break from the Lounge, this place is dangerous, haha.

Rhino73, barondla, Midgetguy and 3 others like this.
  6. mbwilson111
    LOL.

Tom helped me put purple filters on my Zenith before leaving for a couple of long work days. We did not know if you meant the damped or undamped set. I can probably change it myself if I have to...just will take much longer. My fingers are defective.

7. OldDude04
    I used the undamped. Why are your fingers defective?

8. Podster
    Mine is not the Null and I've got several YY's now that have not suffered the Green Grunge of the older cheaper Chi-Fi ones but pretty sure these are SP but then again look who it is:rolling_eyes:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/328...spm=a2g1y.12024536.productList_5853006.pic_13

And thinking about trying this one now:grin:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/328...6.0&pvid=5db53d84-5367-4636-9aaa-944fc2dc1f88

jerick70 and OldDude04 like this.
  9. OldDude04
    Well, it didn't roll too well at all, lol. I never even got to use a cable with the Nighthawks. I plugged the ISN cable into the adapters and then one of the cables fell out of the bottom, so I went to plug it back in, only to notice that the MMCX receptacle from the adapter was actually still on the cable and no longer in the adapter.... The pic below shows the MMCX receptacle no longer attached. I've messaged LunaShops, hope to hear back from them soon and see what they'll do for me.

2019-07-30.jpg

SteveOliver and jerick70 like this.
  10. Podster
    That's just Luna-cy:hushed:

11. OldDude04
    8b0.jpg
    :)

DBaldock9, Layman1, jerick70 and 2 others like this.
  12. jerick70
    I don't believe this cable is formed. I have a cable of theirs and it is bent around but not formed.

13. jerick70
    Holy cow!!!! That missed the Q&A desk didn't it.

SteveOliver and OldDude04 like this.
  14. mbwilson111
    Well, damped is what is on it now. I will try both. I can't find my print out of what each filter does. I remember putting it somewhere where I would be sure to remember where it was. Haha...I wonder where that might have been.

Arthritis...some days are better than others. Today is kind of ok. Weirdly I have never had a problem with my knees in spite of years of long distance running.

Light - Man likes this.
  15. mbwilson111
    Bent around is what I meant though. It has a shape. I can't just plug the pins in the opposite way on one side and then fit it to my head.

jerick70 likes this.