1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Audio Lounge

1. OldDude04
    Sorry about the arthritis, that must be quite painful in the hands. As for what the Trinity filters do, here you go:

• SILVER = Enhanced bass. Offering a V shape signature while retaining plenty of musical detail
    • GUNMETAL (Smooth) = Natural. Offering a more balanced sound signature across the frequencies.
    • PURPLE = Treble. Offering a reduced bass signature with an focus on upper mids and treble.
    • GOLD = Perfect balance between gunmetal and purple filters SILVER (Fun) = Enhanced bass. Offering a V shape signature while retaining plenty of musical detail
    • SILVER (with damper) = Enhanced bass. Offering a V shape signature while retaining plenty of musical detail with smoothed treble
    • PURPLE (With damper) = Treble. Offering a reduced bass signature with an focus on upper mids and treble. (treble smoothed)
    • GOLD (With damper) = Perfect balance between gunmetal and purple filters (treble smoothed)
    • RED (Black damper) = This is a new version of our silver filter with the treble rolled off for more of an L shape signature
    • BLACK (Black Damper) = Re-imagining of the purple filter, this filter is quite neutral with the high frequencies allowed to shine a little over the mids.
    • GREEN (Black damper) = Much like our Gunmetal filter with controlled highs and midrange lifted a little
    • BLUE (Black damper) = Whole range in balance nothing over done, bass heads need not apply
    • ORANGE (Black Damper = Very lean signature and won't be for most people, treble rolled off

Rhino73, barondla and jerick70 like this.
  2. mbwilson111
    It is the finger joints.

Thanks for the filter info. Now I remember why I chose green. Will be interesting to check out the purple. I have never ever wished for more treble...

BTW, don't get us started on mmcx socket woes.

barondla, jerick70 and OldDude04 like this.
  3. jerick70
    Just take a hairdryer to it, heat it up, and straiten it out. Or even better, if you have a heat gun use that instead.

mbwilson111 likes this.
  4. groucho69
    Sounds like a job for Panda.

jerick70 likes this.
  5. mbwilson111
    Maybe we will just take a chance and he will open the earpiece and turn the connector thingie around. Just worried about maybe breaking a wire if things are too tight in there. Who knows what they did when they put it together.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    groucho69 and jerick70 like this.
  6. waveSounds
    First time I've ventured into the "Misc" section of Head-Fi... although I get the feeling I can expect a more refined experience to its namesake over on the Bodybuilding.com forums. Are there any fellow motorcyclists lurking in these waters?

Light - Man and SteveOliver like this.
  7. mbwilson111
    Welcome to the Lounge. Anything and everything is talked about here. A few pages back some guys were posting videos of cars starting up:) On Wednesdays a word of the week is announced by @groucho69 (WOW). We then all try to post a video or two of a song with that word in the title.

Audio Aficionado and SteveOliver like this.
  8. jerick70
    There are a few of us that like motorcycles. I can't own one because my wife doesn't approve of them. But @KEV G is in the process of rebuilding his. I like to talk shop tough.....

SteveOliver likes this.
  9. rr12267
    I have a couple. 08 Buell 1125R and 04 Kawasaki 636. The Buell is a linear acceleration beast where the 636 is all revs but when you get into the powerband so much fun. Both are really fun in the twisties. My wife has a 99 1200 Harley Sportster with screaming eagle stage 1 upgrade. We love going out for rides.

10. Podster
    I’m in your boat, have not had a bike for 25 years but I get to look at that motorcycle also every time I see my drivers license:cry:

SteveOliver, jerick70 and HungryPanda like this.
  11. waveSounds
    I was watching the video CaptainFantastic posted in the NightOwl thread yesterday and upon it's closing recommendations YouTube thought to recommend me a video from the LockPickingLawyer... I spent the next hour watching a man pick locks. Never thought that would happen [​IMG]

Sorry to hear that, chaps! I'll try not to go on too much about the virtues of motorcycle ownership, in that case [​IMG]

The 1125R is something of a mythical creature, I've never been lucky enough to see one in the wild myself. Bet it pulls like a train! Care to share any snaps?

The Yamaha MT-07 is my current steed but I went to look at a 2012 BMW K1300S yesterday and now I'm seriously considering making the swap. The Yam's served me well - ~36,000 in 3 years so far, but as my only means of transport and a 50 mile round commute everyday, I'm sold on the virtues of something with a fairing and something more suitable to long distances. I once took my wife on a 4 hour trip down to the South West on the MT and there were tears shed! In hindsight I'm not sure why she agreed looking at the barely-passable excuse of a pillion seat on the MT! And for good measure, a couple of pics of the MT and its potential replacement:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Light - Man
    Is this it?

[​IMG]

..................................or perhaps more like this?.....[​IMG]

13. majo123
    rYW7cPb99s-8.png

14. Light - Man
    Be careful what you wish for!

Get yourself an off-road bike, the worst thing that can happen to you, is a tree jumping out in front of you! :ksc75smile:

[​IMG]

Rhino73, HungryPanda and groucho69 like this.
  15. Light - Man
    Hey Majo, I also got one of those Hiby R3's last week and it has a decent sound.

Guys, is there anyway to turn off the touch screen volume control as I nearly deafened myself yesterday?

I should have the TFZ No.3 tomorrow and will give initial impressions...........

groucho69 likes this.