The Audio Lounge
Jul 23, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #19,231 of 36,081
Are you listening to the Single-Ended, or the Balanced output on your Zishan DSD?
If you're using the Single-Ended output, then if you assemble a low profile (you have to contact them and ask for the shoulder-less pins) "BrownDog 020302 Adapter for Dual SOIC-8 to DIP-8 header" (which will fit between the boards in the DSD), with a pair of OPA627AU op-amps, I think it sounds even better.
The Balanced output is driven by a pair of soldered-on OP275 op-amps (part of the Low Pass Filter), so op-amp rolling is more difficult for the 2.5mm output.

I'm using the 2.5mm balanced output and as I said very impressed.

Jul 23, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #19,232 of 36,081
Message for @Layman1 lol I’ve had a strange but extremely pleasant surprise with the 1Z last night. You know I bought it used and the seller told me it only had 90 hours on it, single ended only and the 4.4 had never been used. I took that with a pinch of salt but now I’m starting to think he is telling the truth as it’s now got almost 90 hours on the 4.4 circuit.
So last night I played the Gladiator soundtrack using my Andro’s and was absolutely blown away at what the 1Z did to my Andro’s. It made them Vega like with an impact that made me sit bolt upright!!!
The bass was like nothing I’ve ever heard before from my Andro’s, mids and highs all had a shot of adrenaline and I want more lol.
I’m gonna throw this 1Z in a drawer to let it burn for another 100 hours so I will know for sure it’s performing at its recommended 200 hours so you may need to pop round again to reassess your opinion lol
Better be quick because a certain Project K-Mod has caught my eye :ksc75smile:

Holy Moly :D
Bring it along for our CanJam meet up too. I've no doubt you were going to do that anyway lol :p
Definitely would love to hear more!
And yes, I too would love to hear how it would sound with the K-Mod.

For the record, someone (I forget who) tipped me off about a legit guy in HK who does mods for Sony DAP's at a much cheaper price.
He quoted me about £150 I think to mod a ZX300 with silver solder, upgraded capacitors and wires, foil shielding, etc.
I was thinking to buy a ZX300A online and have it shipped to him directly, then he can send it to me after.

Well, still thinking about that. Going to also wait and see how I feel after listening to lots of things at CanJam :)

Jul 23, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #19,233 of 36,081
WOW:

Thought I'd get this in before everyone else does, haha.
Classic :)

If you have the time/inclination, have a read of the comments under the video.
There's some hilarious ones in there :D

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 7:45 AM Post #19,234 of 36,081
Did you ever wonder how the 1More Triple Driver Headphone sounds like? I made a full in-depth review about it!

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2019/07/triple-bass-1more-triple-driver.html

1More-One-More-Triple-Driver-Headphones-Bass-Port-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-21.jpg

Jul 23, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #19,236 of 36,081
For op-amp rollers, (Mass)Drop has the Burson V6 Vivid for $50 each, through the end of today or tomorrow.
I picked up two of them, to compare with the V6 Classic op-amps I already have.

I roll op-amps in my restored/vintage Kenwood tuner. May have to give this a try.

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #19,238 of 36,081
Zishan update... Spent some time A/B ING the zishan with the R6pro last night the pro full value 800 dollars the zishan about 150 dollars.. Build and ui miles apart, but and here is the big elephant In the room the audio for me is on par, slightly different but I like them both equally.. This zishan is fantastic! Just go buy one! Love this little thing.
P1 update.. With the zishans power these iems shine, you can pick both up for £220 as I type and I am going to stick my neck out here and say I think these two together rival most I have heard period! They are not perfect but nothing is in this hobby and honestly I love them both together, can't take the combo out of my ears! ... The market is changing chifi is coming through with gear in the last 2 years that is shaking the floor!... Honesty guys I'm in awe.
Equally important for me about the chifi market these days is that they did always tend to offer slightly better value before in sound quality for the money and now that ratio has gotten higher, but these days, it's also not garbage build quality. I remember back when my first nice set of IEMs was the VSonic GR06, but I also knew they'd probably last me like year even with my quite gentle care. Meanwhile, today the Tin Audio T3 costs the same price as the GR06 did back in the day and it both blows the GR06 out of the water in audio fidelity and appears to also be built like a tank.

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #19,239 of 36,081
Equally important for me about the chifi market these days is that they did always tend to offer slightly better value before in sound quality for the money and now that ratio has gotten higher, but these days, it's also not garbage build quality. I remember back when my first nice set of IEMs was the VSonic GR06, but I also knew they'd probably last me like year even with my quite gentle care. Meanwhile, today the Tin Audio T3 costs the same price as the GR06 did back in the day and it both blows the GR06 out of the water in audio fidelity and appears to also be built like a tank.

I may have give the impression the zishan is badly built when comparing to the R6pro, this isn't the case it's just very very basic in comparison in its design from buttons to screen to shell, but it is solid and every thing seems usable... I thought the square block would be horrible in my pocket, infact it's better than something thinner and longer, when I first used the ui I thought omg! But after getting used to it it's stable and not buggy... Cheap basic solid design is the best way to describe it but the sound is awesome...
P1 are built like the T3 solid although the cable is better on the T3 not that Im using the stock cable on the p1, using 2.5mm balanced.
Chifi has come on leaps and bounds, there is still a lot of crap but there is also some fantastic cheap well made gear too, as I said I genuinely feel the market has changed over the last 4 years In general and the supposed totl is getting a run for its money.

Jul 23, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #19,240 of 36,081
I may have give the impression the zishan is badly built when comparing to the R6pro, this isn't the case it's just very very basic in comparison in its design from buttons to screen to shell, but it is solid and every thing seems usable... I thought the square block would be horrible in my pocket, infact it's better than something thinner and longer, when I first used the ui I thought omg! But after getting used to it it's stable and not buggy... Cheap basic solid design is the best way to describe it but the sound is awesome...
P1 are built like the T3 solid although the cable is better on the T3 not that Im using the stock cable on the p1, using 2.5mm balanced.
Chifi has come on leaps and bounds, there is still a lot of crap but there is also some fantastic cheap well made gear too, as I said I genuinely feel the market has changed over the last 4 years In general and the supposed totl is getting a run for its money.

What size card did you put in it?

Jul 23, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #19,242 of 36,081
400 gb with no hassle what so ever.. Happy days.

With a fulll card does it take long to scroll down to an albim starting with Z ?

I have one on the way and was wondering if I should fill my 200GB or 400 Gb for it. Also whether or not I should make sub folders like A-B, C-D etc as I have done on my Cayin N3 to reduce scrolling through its 400 GB card.

Jul 23, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #19,243 of 36,081
With a fulll card does it take long to scroll down to an albim starting with Z ?

I have one on the way and was wondering if I should fill my 200GB or 400 Gb for it. Also whether or not I should make sub folders like A-B, C-D etc as I have done on my Cayin N3 to reduce scrolling through its 400 GB card.

No not at all, my card is virtually full and just hold down or up and it just scrolls pretty fast, I like the lettering too its big bold and easy to find what your looking for... the ui and button control is odd compared to most at first but once used a few times it's fluid smooth and bug free.. Honestly I Could quite easily live with this as my main player.. And it cost me £80! Although they are normally nearer £150, I would rec this to everyone, I have let 2 other people try the zishan and one worked in a high end audio shop, both couldnt believe the audio quality with the p1 and the guy who worked in the audio shop ordered one lol

Jul 23, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #19,245 of 36,081
If I remember, someone was looking for a Sony NW-WM1Z for a good price, HERE is one on Reddit for $2200 shipped.

EDIT: It was @Layman1 I think, but I could be wrong... :sunglasses:
Thanks but I think I'll use the money for some TOTL IEMs probably.. depending on how it goes at CanJam this weekend :D
Plus, I'll want to hear @KEV G 's K-modded version first, haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back