1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Audio Lounge

1. SpeakerBox
    I built my own speakers and am constantly tweaking them. Not cheap!

2. Layman1
    For a moment when I first saw that, I thought the craft vise WAS the product; some kind of cool new headphone or similar :D

Although in the interests of full disclosure, my subconscious mind immediately thought "oh, he's made a time machine" :p

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    Rhino73, KevDzn, DBaldock9 and 4 others like this.
  3. barondla

4. Layman1
    for anyone who might be interested, I have published my review of the DX220 here:
    https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/review/22378/
    By way of full disclosure, I received the unit free of charge in exchange for an unbiased review.
    I have to say though, I'm genuinely very impressed and had little to complain about. UI/FW sometimes glitchy and less than stellar battery life. That's about it/

I had the pleasure of visiting @KEV G this week, and, in addition to some quality chat, getting to A/B test the DX220 (plus various AMP units and IEMs) vs the Sony WM1Z.
    I think with any of the regular AMP units, the DX220 comes close enough that you're having to actively hunt for differences.
    With my modded AMP8 (W), I had them neck and neck.

And by way of clarification, I absolutely love the WM1Z.
    It wins hands down for build quality and is a thing of utter beauty. The sound quality is incredible. I covet it.
    No, I WANTS it, I mussst have it, my precious.. :p

The only thing stopping me looking for deals on the used threads is the fact that I want to hear the Sony DMP-Z1 flagship first :p

5. Layman1
    Oh, and speaking of which, I went to let people on the DX220 know about my review, and all everyone is talking about is this new mega-DAP that iBasso are teasing on social media:
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx2...ilable-and-dc01.898388/page-447#post-15073308
    It seems to be aiming to offer a product analogous to the Sony DMP-Z1 $7k DAP/DAC-Amp (and possibly the A&K Kann Cube too).
    It is imaginatively titled the DX220 MAX.
    And now everyone's going crazy speculating about it and asking for details.
    No interest for all the hard work I put into my review, haha :p

Wyville, HungryPanda and barondla like this.
  6. OldDude04
    My TSMR-3's and my Hidizs AP80 both came in earlier today, so I decided to break out the portable gear and do some A/B/C/D'ing lol. I'll put some pics in the spoiler below. The TSMR-3's are exactly what I was looking for to go along with my BGVP IEMs. The Tansios have a bit less detail and stage than the BGVP, but the lows are wonderful. The AP80 isn't my Hiby, but it's a steal at the $105 I paid for it. It's so small, will be great for the gym or a run.

1.jpg

TSMR-3
    4.jpg

Hidizs AP80
    2.jpg
    6.jpg

BGVP DM6 & DM7, Trinity Icarus III
    3.jpg
    7.jpg

Bonus: I don't have a cable problem!!
    5.jpg
    Sadly, this is not all of them.... :p

7. mbwilson111
    Nice. Do you like red? :)

OldDude04 likes this.
  8. OldDude04
    Maybe... :p

mbwilson111 likes this.
  9. KEV G
    Anyone in the UK remember a current affairs program called Weekend Worrld back in the 70s, at that young age I couldn’t give a monkeys about current affairs but loved the theme tune. Here you go @Layman1
    Mountain

And he’s right about that modded amp8, that’s a killer amp and if it were me, I’d sell Amp9 :L3000:

10. rr12267
    Just spent the morning fly fishing and now sitting on the the deck of our mountain home watching a storm roll through the valley listening to dx203, dm7 combo. For us it doesn’t get any better than this.

B44BE378-6DC9-4AE1-B86D-EDCA11D9E4DC.jpeg

F8A0C31D-BC4A-49C7-859C-E09423BC1E55.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    Rhino73, barondla, Layman1 and 8 others like this.
  11. SpeakerBox
    Beautiful!

12. Light - Man
    Morning all, hope all is well and that you tried not to feed your faces with too many pies over the weekend............

[​IMG]

Rhino73, KEV G, rr12267 and 2 others like this.
  13. Wyville
    I appreciate your revi... Wait what?! Something new from iBasso! Come on man, spill the beans! :D Just kidding. Great work on the review!

Still, that DX220 Max might be interesting. I don't really need a new DAP, but would like something along the lines of the DMP-Z1. A desktop-DAP, so to speak, but with a considerably lower price tag. That might really interest me. A nice clean, all-in-one solution with the power to drive most headphones and clean enough for sensitive IEMs. If I had money to burn I would buy the Sony, but alas I am a mere mortal.

14. groucho69
    spill-the-beans-plain.jpg

Wyville likes this.
  15. DBaldock9
    I've got one or two CDs from Béla Fleck, but hadn't heard the "Flight of the Cosmic Hippo" disc, mentioned by @mbwilson111 - so I recently ordered a copy.
    Listened to it this afternoon (PC [TOSLINK] -> Topping D70 [Single-Ended] -> iBasso PB2 (2x Burson V6 Classic; 4x BUF634P Buffers w/Class A Bias Resistor) [Balanced] -> homemade 600Ω Beryllium Earbuds), and I'm enjoying the sound quality - of the disc and the earbuds. :ksc75smile: