1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Audio Lounge

1. Layman1
    Really been getting into this band of late (kind of WOW-related lol).. They've been doing what they love for over 20 years now.
    Apparently (according to their Bandcamp page), all of their stuff is recorded "on a 1978 Neve 8078 console, using only vintage amps, guitars and microphones. All songs recorded and mixed to Analog tape". And they have FLAC downloads on there too, perfect :)

Anyway, this song is one of my favourites, and the lyrics will be a fun blast of nostalgia for those Of A Certain Age :)

2. mbwilson111
    Wow, is it already Wednesday? I think I am missing time.

anyone remember this?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  3. KEV G
    Ha, think I might start charging if I get the K-Mod......a K-Modded 1Z is proving to be a rare beast indeed. The Music Sanctuary have told me they have sent a few over for the London Canjam so there should be a chance to find one and have a listen.
    As long as it keeps its musicality, slight warmth but with better bass and highs.....how could I resist as this dap is a keeper and as good a sound as I’ll ever want that fits in my pocket!!!

HungryPanda likes this.
  4. Jackpot77
    Looking forward to trying the WM1Z at Canjam this weekend Vs my N6ii - if you haven't tried the Cayin, I strongly recommend trying to track one down at Canjam, if only so I can get your opinion on how it stacks up against the Sony.

Light - Man and HungryPanda like this.
  5. KEV G
    I tried the N8 last year on the Amp3Players table, think it was Chris at the table at the time, nice guy and had quite a chat About various things. The N8 was great, so was my DX200, think I had amp8 in at the time and as far as sound quality went I didn’t think it worth the jump considering the price difference. Build quality however, bows that’s a different story lol
    I’ve given up comparing daps when we get to these levels, think it’s more down to personal sound preference. There’s a guy on the 1A/1Z thread that thinks his LPG is better than his 1A but reaches for the 1A 80 percent of the time as it’s just more musical and an emotional experience rather than an analytical one !!!
    I get where he’s coming from and couldn’t agree more. I think the Cayin guys have that philosophy about the sound they want their gear to produce as well. I’m willing to bet your N6ii is up there with the best of em.
    As the loungers probably know, I’m seriously into build quality as I believe it reflects the attitude towards the design team.
    Battery life is pretty damn spectacular as well lol
    I’ll be checking out some iems this year and definitely want to see the new Neve gear, had a listen to that little amp last year and thought it was great so can’t wait to check out the newer model :smile_phones:

Light - Man and majo123 like this.
  6. groucho69
    One of my favorites. I would have added it if no one chose it.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    Passenger11 and mbwilson111 like this.
  7. OldDude04
    WoW:

8. Whazzzup

9. HungryPanda
    I had to do one more WOW as I love this band

Light - Man and groucho69 like this.
  10. KEV G
    Scorcher today here in the UK, working on a south facing property and couldn’t stop hearing these words. Wishing I was there dipping my toes in the bayou :smile_phones:

11. Karendar
    Hey guys! I decided to order New Bee tips as recommended by @OldDude04 a long time ago. I had a 10$ credit off Amazon.com, so they came to 0.99$, so I thought why not. I got them yesterday, thought I'd use them on the DM6 first. I also got my Voldemort (The company I cannot name) black cable I ordered a while ago, but never got around to trying it, so all in on new experiences! Here's my take:

I usually wear large tips and have gotten used to comply tips as my main use case, so trying silicone has always been hit and miss for me. First off the bat: Large tips fold in my ear and break seal instantaneously. Weird. So I decided to try medium... They seem to fit right and seal, but comfort is just not there. Sonically, I do get much more clarity and bass due to the isolation, but I don't see myself wearing these for an extended period of time.

The cable itself has a plasticky feeling, less soft than the Nicehck 16 core cable. Sonically, it sounds almost the same as the Nicehck, but there's something odd... It seems to bring mids and highs forward a bit, bass doesn't seem as punchy. Not a bad experience, but after listening to the Nicehck cable, it seems off to my ears.

So considering the tip experience above, thought I'd give the Nicehck f3's a whirl with the new tip as well. mediums don't fit at all. Just don't seal... Large seal, but sit weird in the ear. I have to half push them in, otherwise they fold in.

Man, the nicehck F3... This IEM is such a love/hate relationship for me. Sometimes it sounds insane and surprising. Other times, it's just meh... It might not be ideal for all the music I listen to, but there's these tracks where it just soars... Any snares sparkle, sub bass is insane on some tracks, on others it's just flat. What a quirky and oddly interesting IEM... And now, I hit a kizomba instrumental, and these have such micro details and the bass envelops you! JESUS!

I guess even if I don't sell these, I'll eventually find their niche. :)

12. Karendar
    Oh, also forgot: I scored a pair of these on Prime Day: Tranya T1 Pro. I've been waiting for actual audiophile TW buds, but thought I'd give these a swing as I got them for 12 CAD (Roughly 9$ USD), the seller had a 60% off coupon. I imagine they wanted to liquidate them. Sound is OK, nothing to write home about... But battery life of 7 hours? This is great for commute, trips and the gym.

13. KEV G
    So, we have a new Prime minister........
    Boris
    FCBBE58D-3850-4FC5-A02B-D8C2B15BE82B.png
    :smiling_imp:

14. Light - Man
    First Bozo T and now BoJo, what has the World come to?!

Time to search for a new habitable Planet! :ksc75smile:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    Rhino73 and KEV G like this.