The Audio Lounge
Jul 11, 2019 at 7:27 PM Post #18,843 of 36,149
I'm the lucky boy today.
nx-03a2.jpg
nx-03b.jpg
nx-03c.jpg
nx-03d.jpg
nx-03e.jpg

OOTB sounds better than my O2 IMHO. let's see if it gets better. The switch and pot feel premium. Best of all the op amps are socketed.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #18,844 of 36,149
Some people can sell and some people can't. I'm one that can't sell. I even try to lower the price way down and no one will even look..... :cry: What do you do????

Some of my stuff has been out there for a very long time.

Bro, you should also list on Reddit in the AV Exchange subreddit. I list here and there whenever I sell. I have sold as many of my items there as I have here.

Jul 11, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #18,845 of 36,149
Whenever I have a choice, I choose copper.

That's a very solid choice if you like the kind of sound it provides usually :)

Lunashops is a great place to get cables because you know what you're getting. They advertise the exact makeup of the wire they use and the exact specs of the connectors. If you are a DIY cable guy like @majo123 and my self are Lunashops is like a candy shop. :ksc75smile: I just have no time to make my own cables....

I use the Lunashops cable with a very bright pair of IEMS, Fearless Audio S8F, and the S8Fs sound fantastic with this cable. There is a 7K peak on the S8F that kills me on most other cables and this cable smooths it out nicely. Honestly, the pure silver cable that I've purchased recently sound smoother than the copper cables I have.

This is speculation, but I think that a lot of pure silver cables are actually alloys and that is why they are so bright. It's a brilliant cable, and goes with just about everything I've thrown at it, you should give it a go and see what you think.

Interesting, I should look into that shop.

Pure Silve rshould usually sound more briht and not more smooth, interesting that you have those findings.

My knowledge with cables is not exactly good enough to make a strong point, I tend to recommend picking cables based on whether you find a cable more ergonomic or not first and then because of its sound :)

Jul 11, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #18,846 of 36,149
@jerick70 You don't seem to be the only one having issues moving the Fearless S8. THIS ONE has been up for 23 days on Reddit. Maybe they fell out of favor? I'm not sure, I haven't read any recent reviews. I know I liked the sound of the S4 after they were burnt in. My only issue was with fitment.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #18,849 of 36,149
@jerick70 You don't seem to be the only one having issues moving the Fearless S8. THIS ONE has been up for 23 days on Reddit. Maybe they fell out of favor? I'm not sure, I haven't read any recent reviews. I know I liked the sound of the S4 after they were burnt in. My only issue was with fitment.
I had trouble selling the rui gave them away in the end but better than sitting there... I think it's just the market in general.. Firstly we have to remember this hobby is niche and even more niche when your selling 1000 dollar iems or daps, most on here aren't spending that kind of money, secondly i think the market is saturated at both ends, daps and iems. Thirdly I think a lot of people think that because something is new or you like it then your going to get nearly your return back, personally I wouldn't pay anymore than 2 thirds of the price of anything secondhand and if in the market quite a while or something has come out that betters it then your looking at nearer half .. Remember that warranty is worth the extra

Jul 12, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #18,852 of 36,149
this is my findings I usually use copper or silver if I want to warm or brighten things accordingly

Interesting though as pure silver does not have to be bright. Had clear day cables for a while and not bright at all. Very smooth and and solid core silver.

Jul 12, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #18,854 of 36,149
Interesting though as pure silver does not have to be bright. Had clear day cables for a while and not bright at all. Very smooth and and solid core silver.
As Jerick said, a lot of cables called silver are probably an alloy of Silver and probably with very little silver. I am a fan of solid core high grade Copper speaker cable in my speaker system and I even rewired the internals of my speakers with solid core cable and I have zero intention of ever changing my speakers or cables again. I am happy with my setup and there is so much marketing BS out there that it is a minefield. But the choice of the insulator material (dielectric) can make a small difference also, etc.............................................

Jul 12, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #18,855 of 36,149
As Jerick said, a lot of cables called silver are probably an alloy of Silver and probably with very little silver. I am a fan of solid core high grade Copper speaker cable in my speaker system and I even rewired the internals of my speakers with solid core cable and I have zero intention of ever changing my speakers or cables again. I am happy with my setup and there is so much marketing BS out there that it is a minefield. But the choice of the insulator material (dielectric) can make a small difference also, etc.............................................

The clear days were a unique case. The guy who made them had a deal with a local silver mine in Arizona. The cables were ultra smooth sounding and had lots of detail. Wish I did not sell them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back