The Audio Lounge
Jul 3, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #18,556 of 36,139
Not a WoW entry, just a great track:

Recently discovered ZZ Top's "grunge blues" phase in the early 2000's - this track is deliberately glitchy and distorted, but what a great use of a bass guitar for the main riff. Plus it has a xylophone (or similar) playing throughout. If you like their recent stuff like "I Gotsa Get Paid", this is well worth a listen.

Edit: sounds damn good out of the N6ii, too.

Jul 3, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #18,557 of 36,139
^ Also not a WOW entry but more on the woof end of the spectrum

Guys, I just bought 2 dogs on Amazon for half price (or was it 2 for the price of 1?)

Seemingly they are both half deaf so Amazon included some tailor made headphones.

Barking mad or more of a Simple Mind am I?!

7d627d252f7f42862683a2ed0d2b4228--songs-puppy-love.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #18,558 of 36,139
I can't believe it, but I'm already contemplating purging the Micro iDSD BL I recently bought, lol. I have not pulled it out of its case since the Emotiva DAC came in. I got the iDSD because I wanted to be able to use my IEMs at my desktop setup and my A-100 would explode IEMs, lol. And maybe use it for taking my over ears portable. The new DAC has a super clean and quiet amp section built in that allows me to use IEMs at the desk, and I never really use my over ears away from the desk. So the BL will just sit unused. I don't know, I'm waffling on it. I gotta think on it some more.

Jul 3, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #18,559 of 36,139
^ Also not a WOW entry but more on the woof end of the spectrum

Guys, I just bought 2 dogs on Amazon for half price (or was it 2 for the price of 1?)

Seemingly they are both half deaf so Amazon included some tailor made headphones.

Barking mad or more of a Simple Mind am I?!

7d627d252f7f42862683a2ed0d2b4228--songs-puppy-love.jpg

That song will forever be synonymous with The Breakfast Club for me. Classic.

Jul 3, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #18,560 of 36,139
I can't believe it, but I'm already contemplating purging the Micro iDSD BL I recently bought, lol. I have not pulled it out of its case since the Emotiva DAC came in. I got the iDSD because I wanted to be able to use my IEMs at my desktop setup and my A-100 would explode IEMs, lol. And maybe use it for taking my over ears portable. The new DAC has a super clean and quiet amp section built in that allows me to use IEMs at the desk, and I never really use my over ears away from the desk. So the BL will just sit unused. I don't know, I'm waffling on it. I gotta think on it some more.
I was sort of the same with the mojo... awesome device, great sound, powerful enough for headphones, dead black background with iems.. But when it come to the crunch I just didn't use it enough so I totally get you.

Jul 3, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #18,561 of 36,139
I was sort of the same with the mojo... awesome device, great sound, powerful enough for headphones, dead black background with iems.. But when it come to the crunch I just didn't use it enough so I totally get you.

That's it exactly. The iDSD BL is a phenomenal device, not a thing wrong with it, and having it sit unused is almost a criminal act, lol.

Jul 3, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #18,562 of 36,139

I have a similar thing going on with a Questyle CMA400I desktop unit currently sitting in my study. It sounds amazing, and has all the outputs (XLR balanced, 6.5mm SE and a 2.5mm balanced port) I could ever need, I just don't use it. Got rid of the Ibasso SR1 and AW Nighthawks recently as I wasn't sitting in one place long enough to really use them, and my current headphone collection all run off DAPs (CA Cascade, Ollo SR4) or LDAC bluetooth (Audeze Mobius - they managed to pack a 1W amp into that thing!).

I know I should keep it, as it is bang for buck an unbelievable sounding desktop rig for my needs, but at the moment it's just a really technological decoration. My use case is mainly listening on the go (IEMs) or in bed (IEMs or lighter closed back cans), so can't see me ever shifting to listening at my desk for extended periods. First world Audiophile problems! :wink:

Jul 3, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #18,563 of 36,139
On the topic of the Mobius, anyone here use them? I reckon they are probably the one headphone I would recommend to almost anyone who isn't an Audiophile, if I could only choose one. Multiple sound signatures via inbuilt DSP, some killer 3D room emulation (almost speakerlike) and that planar bass goodness, and it runs happily in Hi-Res off the LDAC Bluetooth in the average Android mobile.

Not even used it properly for the gaming stuff like sound localisation. Genuinely wonder why it didn't get more love on the threads here, especially given the price.

Jul 3, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #18,564 of 36,139
That's it exactly. The iDSD BL is a phenomenal device, not a thing wrong with it, and having it sit unused is almost a criminal act, lol.

I have a similar thing going on with a Questyle CMA400I desktop unit currently sitting in my study. It sounds amazing, and has all the outputs (XLR balanced, 6.5mm SE and a 2.5mm balanced port) I could ever need, I just don't use it. Got rid of the Ibasso SR1 and AW Nighthawks recently as I wasn't sitting in one place long enough to really use them, and my current headphone collection all run off DAPs (CA Cascade, Ollo SR4) or LDAC bluetooth (Audeze Mobius - they managed to pack a 1W amp into that thing!).

I know I should keep it, as it is bang for buck an unbelievable sounding desktop rig for my needs, but at the moment it's just a really technological decoration. My use case is mainly listening on the go (IEMs) or in bed (IEMs or lighter closed back cans), so can't see me ever shifting to listening at my desk for extended periods. First world Audiophile problems! :wink:

Agree with you both.. I sold my mojo to @AverageDude and I know its getting good use, I too mostly use iems nowadays with a dap and as you all know I'm keeping bare minimum, all though admittedly it back fired on me a little after selling all spare iems when I washed my er3xr lol and had to buy more... I miss the mojo and even considered buying the black label as there is one going for a good price on the for sale thread but I just probably wouldn't use it enough... But I'm not going without a backup plan again.

Jul 3, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #18,565 of 36,139
These tin audio T3 are truly unbelievable.. I mean just look at the build on these, I'm sorry to any owners of the IT01 but I'm going to use it as an example, I have owned them briefly fit for me was awful, sound was good but felt it was a bit dry and build was ok nothing fantastic I think I paid about £100.
Now look at these.
IMG_20190703_151529.jpg
Solid build, really nice cable and I prefer the audio too... £60 I'm still in shock lol.. I mean £60! This is the, bargain of the iem world.

Jul 3, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #18,566 of 36,139
These tin audio T3 are truly unbelievable.. I mean just look at the build on these, I'm sorry to any owners of the IT01 but I'm going to use it as an example, I have owned them briefly fit for me was awful, sound was good but felt it was a bit dry and build was ok nothing fantastic I think I paid about £100.
Now look at these.

Solid build, really nice cable and I prefer the audio too... £60 I'm still in shock lol.. I mean £60! This is the, bargain of the iem world.
I got an even better deal on them than you because I paid $60, not £60 :p. They have entirely replaced the MEEAudio Pinnacle P2 in my rotation and sound very good indeed. I had to personally go with Spinfits to have it sound and fit like I wanted, but fantastic afterwards. As far as the original purchase goes, the only thing it was missing was a case. For most people buying, I'd imagine that's really the only thing needed for these because the cable it comes with is top notch.

Jul 3, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #18,567 of 36,139
I really like the TinAudio T2 but the cable turned green. But they sound great. I wonder how much better the T3 are

Jul 3, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #18,568 of 36,139
I really like the TinAudio T2 but the cable turned green. But they sound great. I wonder how much better the T3 are

Probably not everyone thinks they are better.

Jul 3, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #18,570 of 36,139
Ok, I've come to a decision. I'm going to list the iDSD Micro Black Label tomorrow. If anyone here wants a good Lounge deal on the BL, hit me up in PM and I won't bother listing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back