The Audio Lounge
Jul 2, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #18,541 of 36,155
Oh, I forgot to mention, I hate the cable with a passion, lol. It's too short for desktop use, and it just feels like a big slab of rubber below the Y. Time for a visit to Periapt Cables to get one made :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

It was the same on the NOs. Way too short a cable. Were they expecting me to walk around with these outside or something? I got a 7 foot cable and worked out. I am looking to get a nice balanced one but haven't found one yet. Funny that a predominately cable-based company would supply such a crappy cable for their phones...

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #18,542 of 36,155
Maybe we shouldn't tell majo about the moondrop crescent, it's even cheaper
I had kanas pro and I would still keep the T3 over those... Kanas all though very good had a bit grainy vocals and maybe a bit too much bass for me, Upper mids seemed a bit recessed too... I for my tastes (so far) just can't really fault them, there doesn't seem to be any niggle that I have had audio is pretty neutral nothing seems out of place or too much, fantastic stage, great imaging and fit is good too... This hobby should be about what the iem makes you feel, I'm tapping my toes and thoroughly enjoying them without thinking mmmmmmm, says it all.

Jul 2, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #18,544 of 36,155
It was the same on the NOs. Way too short a cable. Were they expecting me to walk around with these outside or something? I got a 7 foot cable and worked out. I am looking to get a nice balanced one but haven't found one yet. Funny that a predominately cable-based company would supply such a crappy cable for their phones...

Might I suggest Periapt Cables? HERE is a 7ft Dual 2.5mm to 4Pin XLR for $75. I love my Periapt cable, it's built extremely well. The pic below is of the one I use on my M1060s. Oh snap, I just had a brain fart, I can use the stock M1060 cable I have sitting around on the Carbons until my Periapt cable arrives. Sweet! Now I can just put the stock Carbon cable back in the case and never use that weird thing again, lol.

OFCbjbE.jpg

Jul 2, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #18,548 of 36,155
Just as I arrived at work this morning, I received a text from DHL, saying that a package had been left at my door.
Ran home at Lunch, took the package in, and verified that the Topping D70 DAC had arrived safe & sound.
Looking forward to trying it out this evening, when I get home from work.

Jul 2, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #18,550 of 36,155
Well, I switched the sd cards and they all play fine in my other players but nothing will play on the X3ii. I am able to return it so back it goes. Now got to think if I want to replace it. I have really been digging the sound of the PAW5000 so I think I'll stick with that for now and see what comes about later. Maybe get another M0? We'll see...

Jul 2, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #18,551 of 36,155

Jul 2, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #18,552 of 36,155
Well, I switched the sd cards and they all play fine in my other players but nothing will play on the X3ii. I am able to return it so back it goes. Now got to think if I want to replace it. I have really been digging the sound of the PAW5000 so I think I'll stick with that for now and see what comes about later. Maybe get another M0? We'll see...

I still return to my N3 over and over... shown here with my new toy.... MMCX buds. My setup for tonight.

10315119.jpg

Jul 3, 2019 at 1:16 AM Post #18,555 of 36,155
Just as I arrived at work this morning, I received a text from DHL, saying that a package had been left at my door.
Ran home at Lunch, took the package in, and verified that the Topping D70 DAC had arrived safe & sound.
Looking forward to trying it out this evening, when I get home from work.

The D70 sounds great, connected as: Roku4 [48-KHz TOSLINK] -> 4x4 Matrix Switch [TOSLINIK] -> D70 [Single Ended Analog] -> iBasso PB2 [Balanced] -> homemade 10mm Beryllium earphones.
But I have been using a $23 FiiO Taishan D03K (Cirrus 4344) DAC, so I expected that a $475 Dual AK4497EQ DAC would sound better. :ksc75smile:

I did switch over to my PC, which is sending 192-KHz TOSLINK to the D70, and playing some HiRes tracks.
That also sounds really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back