The Astell & Kern AK240
Sep 11, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #8,419 of 9,131
Sep 11, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #8,421 of 9,131
  Thank but that is the information for the blog writer.
Anyways, I found it on the other post about mojo kai.

Nathan is a cool chap, he can get you in touch with the modder.

Sep 11, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #8,425 of 9,131
Guys I know this is kinda late to ask but its seems I cant look for this topic in the 500+ pages on this thread. Last night I tried to connect my AK240 to my stereo system. I plugged in a 3.5mm Male to Female Toslink adapter to the Headphone out of the 240 then a standard Toslink cable from the adapter to the DAC but no sound will come out to the system. I also Switched ON the LINE OUT of the 240. Did I miss something?

Sep 12, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #8,426 of 9,131
Guys I know this is kinda late to ask but its seems I cant look for this topic in the 500+ pages on this thread. Last night I tried to connect my AK240 to my stereo system. I plugged in a 3.5mm Male to Female Toslink adapter to the Headphone out of the 240 then a standard Toslink cable from the adapter to the DAC but no sound will come out to the system. I also Switched ON the LINE OUT of the 240. Did I miss something?

I haven't tried this with mine to check what I am going to tell you, but use my AK120 optical out to feed my Mojo all the time. You do not want the Line Out turned on while using optical out. Line out is analog while optical is digital. Not sure which one would win if both were set for the output. Also, it won't work if playing a DSD file. Make sure that Balanced and Line Out are off. The easiest way to check if the signal is coming out of the AK240 is to plug in the Toslink cable and look for the red light at the other end.

Sep 12, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #8,427 of 9,131
AFAIK, optical should be "automatic" when you plug in an optical 3.5mm into it. You shouldn't need to manually enable/disable anything on the AK device. Do you see the light coming out on the other side? (don't have to look directly if you're worried, just point the other end to a piece of paper).

If there is light, then your DAC isn't understanding it. Also what are you playing? Std PCM (44.1/16, 96/24), etc.?

Sep 12, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #8,428 of 9,131

I haven't tried this with mine to check what I am going to tell you, but use my AK120 optical out to feed my Mojo all the time. You do not want the Line Out turned on while using optical out. Line out is analog while optical is digital. Not sure which one would win if both were set for the output. Also, it won't work if playing a DSD file. Make sure that Balanced and Line Out are off. The easiest way to check if the signal is coming out of the AK240 is to plug in the Toslink cable and look for the red light at the other end.

AFAIK, optical should be "automatic" when you plug in an optical 3.5mm into it. You shouldn't need to manually enable/disable anything on the AK device. Do you see the light coming out on the other side? (don't have to look directly if you're worried, just point the other end to a piece of paper).

If there is light, then your DAC isn't understanding it. Also what are you playing? Std PCM (44.1/16, 96/24), etc.?

Its 44.1/16 & Yes I already did look at the Cable no Red Light. I wonder using a straight 3.5mm Mini Toslink (w/out an adapter) would help 
confused.gif
​ 

Sep 12, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #8,429 of 9,131

Its 44.1/16 & Yes I already did look at the Cable no Red Light. I wonder using a straight 3.5mm Mini Toslink (w/out an adapter) would help 
confused.gif
​ 

No harm in trying...maybe you had a break in your original optical cable. But usually, when plugging in that optical cable (or adapter), that red light should light up. If it doesn't work with the adapter then looks like you have a faulty socket in your AK ('cos with the adapter, there's so much less that could go wrong than an optical cable).

Sep 12, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #8,430 of 9,131
HELP !

My 2.5 mm jack is not making a good connection with the plug from balanced cable.  Right channel cuts out, then left channel, then both. . .  arg!!!  
angry_face.gif

Any suggestions short of sending in for reapir ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back