The Astell & Kern AK240
Mar 17, 2015 at 4:23 AM Post #6,901 of 9,131
what a waste of money for people to pay 2500 USD to just use the ak240 as a transport, that is really a waste of  money beyond my understanding.

I can understand that you want to add an amp to the ak240 But to use the ak240 just as transport common please have mercy on us with such recommendations, and claiming that it will be much better than a regular transport like an ipod or an android device

In this forum, almost everything we discuss is a waste of money to many. We may have different opinions and priorities, but that doesn't mean we can't agree to disagree.

For example, I like watches and one of my good friends think it's a waste of money, yet he visited night spots twice to thrice a week, which to me is completely money wasting.

Mar 17, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #6,902 of 9,131
Mar 17, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #6,904 of 9,131
@hykleif, a little respect to others & their choices please.

sorry I did not mean to offend anyone, please don't take my words personal

I respect everyone's choices, so again if I offended anyone I am sorry

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #6,905 of 9,131

Can anyone comment whether the RWAK+ line-out can (or should) be used for IEMs?

Mar 17, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #6,906 of 9,131
Can anyone comment whether the RWAK+ line-out can (or should) be used for IEMs?

I have the plus as well, and like Vinnie also mentioned, u should not be using the true line out to feed directly your IEMs just because the volume control attenuates the signal.

The true line out is meant to be fed to an amp with the volume at max, otherwise there was no point to get it.

Mar 17, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #6,907 of 9,131
Aren't you curious what it sounds like from the true line out? :smile:

Actually I've tried and the sound is richer more detailed. The body of sound is thicker. Very impressive sounding initially.

Unfortunately it is also a little rougher and there's some occasional static like sound.

Mar 17, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #6,908 of 9,131
  any DAC you buy no matter how expensive will sound the same if you play it through the hugo....you could buy a used AK100 and play it through the hugo with the same results..

I'm not sure you can connect a DAC output to Hugo. But if you mean, any 'transport' will sound the same through Hugo ... then quietly, I agree.. :)

Mar 17, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #6,914 of 9,131

I totally disagree with you, remember when I owned the chord hugo and you told me that an ipad is much better than an ipod as a transport , but in reality I could not figure out any difference at all

a transport is a transport, no matter what you say I will never ever be convinced to buy a transport as the Ak240, that is just ridiculous

its just psychological man, please guys don't fall for such things

Hi,

I'm here not to bias to yours or anyone's saying on transport.  As to my knowledge transport in different brands and different forms would sound different.  This might be something to do with power supply, circuitry etc and that's why in some extreme of those high end stereophiles they are so crazy about different CD transports (even though they all output the same 1000100100011).  So, the answer is yes for transports would sound differently.

We don't need to validate someone's decision on how they use their belongings and only to share experience on how we could get the best out of our gears. 

Mar 18, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #6,915 of 9,131
I will be cancelling my order for the ZX-2 and just ordered a AK240 SS...my hands are trembling at spending so much...

What exactly are the differences between the ak240 and ak240SS? Is it really noticeably better?

I went to order the 240 but stumbled upon the SS on moon audio and liked the way it looked.

Is it as scratch proof as everyone says the 240 was?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back