The Astell & Kern AK240
Jul 31, 2014 at 4:25 AM Post #4,637 of 9,131
I loaded some DSD into my AK240, most play ok but those high quality DFF (around 700MB) per song are not playing. Anyone has this problem?

You may try to reload those cannot play.  Somehow something goes wrong over the transfer and this might happened.  I did once with warning with the regular 44.1 files and at the end I have the whole folder deleted and reloaded and the problem was gone.

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #4,638 of 9,131
Has anyone tried amping the ak240 with the ALO international+? I am guessing the amp section in the ak240 is better even the power is less. But i am curious because there is a picture on the ALO website showing this combo.

Jul 31, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #4,641 of 9,131
  Hope it works

its not working even after i delete and copy over it again. i put in a folder "DSD" > "Diana Krall" > "Album Name". those DSF are able to play within the same album name but somehow these DFF are unable to play. It says "too many unsupported files and music player will exit" with an icon at the top right hand cover showing the error. 

I wonder how those DFF sounds as its freaking 700MB per song! but somehow it just doesn't wanna play. 

Jul 31, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #4,642 of 9,131
  its not working even after i delete and copy over it again. i put in a folder "DSD" > "Diana Krall" > "Album Name". those DSF are able to play within the same album name but somehow these DFF are unable to play. It says "too many unsupported files and music player will exit" with an icon at the top right hand cover showing the error. 

I wonder how those DFF sounds as its freaking 700MB per song! but somehow it just doesn't wanna play. 

Ok.  I had the same warning before.

Have you deleted the entire music files in your 240?  I've done that and "reload" everything (except those pre-loaded with the machine). 

Jul 31, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #4,644 of 9,131

Delete entire music files? Nope.... OMG. its gonna take some time to do that.. maybe better i do a factory reset and copy again. 

I would do just that, a factory rest. I have had to do the same, once when I was having some issue with the player not recognizing some of my files. It worked straight away. It is a bit of a PITA, but not soo bad.

Jul 31, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #4,648 of 9,131
I don't think you can with WAV, and with DSD, only DSF but not DFF. I use mp3tag.

BTW, I was going to suggest that if you do decide to do the factory reset, put on that DFF album first before the others just to see if it's ok on its own. If it's ok then there maybe a bigger issue at play. If it's not ok, then at least you've identified the offending DFF album.

Jul 31, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #4,649 of 9,131
  Anyone here can recommend what software is good to edit the meta data of .wav and DSD songs for Mac?

I use JRiver myself, I don't have any DSD though.

Jul 31, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #4,650 of 9,131
Anyone here can recommend what software is good to edit the meta data of .wav and DSD songs for Mac?

I use Tag that's available for a small fee in the App Store. It even allows tagging for WAV. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back