The Astell & Kern AK240
Jul 31, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #4,651 of 9,131
I use Tag that's available for a small fee in the App Store. It even allows tagging for WAV.
smily_headphones1.gif

WAV can be tagged!? I never knew that :p! Good tip!

Jul 31, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #4,652 of 9,131
WAV can be tagged!? I never knew that :p! Good tip!

Heheh! I stumbled across this program when I needed to tag DSFs. This still can't tag DFF files which will have to converted to DSFs.

One catch, AnakChan: the metadata works between Mac machines but not Windows machines. I can read the metadata on my Mac mini when I do the tagging on the iMac and vice Versa. But as soon as it goes to a Windows machines, the metadata appear as Klingon. ;p

Jul 31, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #4,653 of 9,131

Delete entire music files? Nope.... OMG. its gonna take some time to do that.. maybe better i do a factory reset and copy again. 

I think is worth to try the reset first to see if this fixes the problem.  Let us know how it goes.

Jul 31, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #4,654 of 9,131
I'm using MacBook Pro and what is the best CD ripper to rip CDs?  I was using Max but now it doesn't provide album art and I need to look for new ripper, any recommendation?

cheers

Jul 31, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #4,655 of 9,131
  I don't think you can with WAV, and with DSD, only DSF but not DFF. I use mp3tag.

BTW, I was going to suggest that if you do decide to do the factory reset, put on that DFF album first before the others just to see if it's ok on its own. If it's ok then there maybe a bigger issue at play. If it's not ok, then at least you've identified the offending DFF album.

Thats what i am thinking too. I just tried to delete just the DSD folder and only copy 1 DFF but still giving the same error. 

Aug 1, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #4,658 of 9,131
I'm using MacBook Pro and what is the best CD ripper to rip CDs?  I was using Max but now it doesn't provide album art and I need to look for new ripper, any recommendation?

cheers

I use XLD but same problem of no auto artwork. But you can attach just before you start burning. I usually fix my tagging that way too for CDs.

Aug 1, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #4,659 of 9,131
I use XLD but same problem of no auto artwork. But you can attach just before you start burning. I usually fix my tagging that way too for CDs.

I use XLD too but its just now working with .wav files. no artist name, no artwork, nothing even though i set everything before i encoded it. but it works well for all .m4a files.

Aug 1, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #4,660 of 9,131

Thanks.  Let me try it out.

Aug 1, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #4,661 of 9,131
I noticed AK240 handles tags differently than the older AK models.. I did my tags nicely for AK100MK2 but in AK240 it's messy and all over the place =.=

Aug 1, 2014 at 4:50 AM Post #4,662 of 9,131
I noticed AK240 handles tags differently than the older AK models.. I did my tags nicely for AK100MK2 but in AK240 it's messy and all over the place =.=

Very likely because they are based on different platforms.

Aug 1, 2014 at 4:58 AM Post #4,663 of 9,131

I use XLD too but its just now working with .wav files. no artist name, no artwork, nothing even though i set everything before i encoded it. but it works well for all .m4a files.

That's not completely correct. XLD has some sort of automatic artwork loading - when go to preferences and then click on CDDB you can use FreeDB for artwork.(You have to register at FreeDB to be able to use it - afaik)  You can also use Amazon web services if you have access.
When ripping CDs XLD finds about 7 out of 10 covers - of course depending on the music style. For Cuban or Colombian Salsa for example FreeDB rarely ever finds a cover, for mainstream I guess the ration is over 80%. Can't say anything about classical though as I don't listen to it a lot

BTW - there is a quite useful and short "setup guide" on the net -  I hope the link works

docs.linn.co.uk/wiki/images/0/08/XLD_setup.pdf

On the NAIM Forum someone recommended using  BLISS

http://www.blisshq.com/

for coverart retrieval. I haven't tried it yet, but will do so.

Aug 1, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #4,665 of 9,131

Very likely because they are based on different platforms.

oh fudge... another long process of re-tagging/fixing... =.=

I tag nothing and use folder browsing.
I think i am hopeless LoL

lol, for such a freaking expensive DAP... i'd like to at least see some neat, clean and organized artist/album browsing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back