Testing audiophile claims and myths
Aug 27, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #9,557 of 17,336
Me too. Please don't bother to reply to any of my posts either. Your brownie points have been exhausted.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #9,559 of 17,336
Hi guys,

I know I don't usually post in this thread (but I think it's good :thumbsup:) but,
I just thought (before I gave up conspiracy theories :spy:) I'd express something here that seems distantly relevant to me:

I used to think that analogsurviver and bigshot were the same physical person in real life. I used to think they were some kind of split-personality kind of situation.

:high_heel::nail_care:

:kissing_heart:

Sep 3, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #9,560 of 17,336
I'm not creative enough to make up that kind of zany stuff. My brain can't be made to work that way... at least since I gave up drugs after college.

Sep 4, 2018 at 2:49 AM Post #9,561 of 17,336
Hi guys,

I know I don't usually post in this thread (but I think it's good :thumbsup:) but,
I just thought (before I gave up conspiracy theories :spy:) I'd express something here that seems distantly relevant to me:

I used to think that analogsurviver and bigshot were the same physical person in real life. I used to think they were some kind of split-personality kind of situation.

:high_heel::nail_care:

:kissing_heart:
THAT would be, for me at least, beyond the faintest shadow of a doubt:

The Mother of Worst Nightmare

Sep 4, 2018 at 4:21 AM Post #9,562 of 17,336
I'm not creative enough to make up that kind of zany stuff. My brain can't be made to work that way... at least since I gave up drugs after college.
I have never done drugs except for coffee. :coffee: (hey, I'm a Finn! :wink: ). I even consume alcohol very rarely (despite of being a Finn :wink: ).

Sep 4, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #9,563 of 17,336

I never did drugs, in my 16 years of school or otherwise. That includes alcohol or cigs. I got nowhere in life accordingly.

Sep 4, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #9,564 of 17,336
I’m soiled in steep amounts of quality wine, whiskey, and weed. But don’t hold that against me. No relationship to my enjoyment of cables. -)

Sep 4, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #9,566 of 17,336
I'm not high on potenuse or even much of an alcohol consumer myself. my body is making me pay an increasingly high price for any abuse I put it through, so moderation has become my favorite tool against ragrets. but I've been a teen and went to a boarding school where the guy making the rounds at night was the local dealer. mistakes were made, a bunch of times.

I have to say that as a modo: the notion of "testing" in this topic is in relation to audio claims only. we don't support testing of illicit stuff.

this post was created with the help of stealing jokes from TV and ruining them.

Sep 4, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #9,567 of 17,336
I'm all in favor of drugs. They keep the stupid ones quiet.

Oct 2, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #9,569 of 17,336
Julian Hirsch of Stereo Review did a blind test of a cheap consumer amp against an audiophile one back in the 70's and the results were random. I was a subscriber back then, months of diatribe againt Hirsch by irate audiophiles ensued in subsequent issues, he created quite a stir. I tried to find a copy of the story on the web but couldn't locate it. He was THE pioneer in this debate.

Oct 2, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #9,570 of 17,336
When I am at an audio show, at some point all the rooms start to sound very similar....I would most likely not be able to tell amps apart in an unfamiliar room, with unfamiliar music, speakers, etc....but if somebody tried to slip a new amp in my system at home with my music, it would not be difficult to tell that something was different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back