Superlux HD668B are they really that good or just a cheap copycat???
Sep 1, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #211 of 294
it is so sad that I need to return this ALO Audio Amp, it really make HD668b sound different, thicken the low freq and make high freq absent, make HD668b dark...
668b is relatively inefficient phone and requires high power.
And it is very linear so that at high volume you can enjoy the phone to the fullest extent with high power amplifier.
Aune X7s is one of them, and is not expensive.

Sep 1, 2018 at 11:23 PM Post #212 of 294
668b is relatively inefficient phone and requires high power.
And it is very linear so that at high volume you can enjoy the phone to the fullest extent with high power amplifier.
Aune X7s is one of them, and is not expensive.

I have Topping A30, and recently acquired bStock fiio e12a. HD668b can be drive with this...

and Yes, each amp have show different character for HD668b... A30 make clear to tendency overbright, E12A clear to thicken the bass, but still ALO makes the best Low Freq of HD668b...

Sep 1, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #213 of 294
I have Topping A30, and recently acquired bStock fiio e12a. HD668b can be drive with this...

and Yes, each amp have show different character for HD668b... A30 make clear to tendency overbright, E12A clear to thicken the bass, but still ALO makes the best Low Freq of HD668b...
Better with class A amplifiers like Aune X7s, or Yulong A18, which brought 668b back to me with much engaging sound.

Sep 3, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #215 of 294
wow... A Class Amp.... need to save...
Don't worry, class A amp is simply a method of amplification regarding zero crossing point of phased signal in such a way that it migh minimize the distortion of small signals which swing around zero crossing at expense of efficiency.
Class is inefficient amp and has negligible distorsion.
Therefore class A amp is not necessarily expensive.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018 at 10:11 PM Post #216 of 294
I am listening to Rossini Stabat Mater through 668b, Fedlio X2 and Hifiman He400 in rotation.
Sound of 668 is so engaging and transparent that the second track is now continue with 668b alone.
The sound of Strings is so beautiful with proper energy as is not the case with other phones.

Sep 8, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #217 of 294
my D03 from Ghentaudio already arrived.... try it from 2 hours, and do comparison with the standard 3 metre cable... no improvement... supposed to buy 1 meter, this D03 quite sturdy, not easy to handle..

confuse how to put image here

.[/SPOILER]

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #219 of 294
668b is inefficient phone so that you better increase the volume. It might sound better.
I try what u say, increase the volume... only noticed a slight more round bass, and detail mid... anyway is a good cable.... like you, I always use this phone at home....

Sep 12, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #220 of 294
I may gone to far... visiting local custome cable manufacturers. My eye are not going along with my wallet.... I was joking (dare) that if they can make me a customed cable in 3 hours, I will buy it...
curse on my mouth.. he made it in least than 3 hours

hahaha... I just bought it, no regrets until now...
gold plate 7N...

when home try awhile with 668B...
hmm, a little increase in detail, but alot in apperance :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: & my Ego:ksc75smile:...

according to the maker, Gold Plate supposed to be Balance...

need to wear my horse glasses, where my eye only see straight, avoiding this oil snake...

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #221 of 294
Oh yea, where did you get it?
Let me know if it is online.
I might get it, and I will use it for 668b and 672 that will arrive soon.

I may gone to far... visiting local custome cable manufacturers. My eye are not going along with my wallet.... I was joking (dare) that if they can make me a customed cable in 3 hours, I will buy it...
curse on my mouth.. he made it in least than 3 hours

hahaha... I just bought it, no regrets until now...
gold plate 7N...

when home try awhile with 668B...
hmm, a little increase in detail, but alot in apperance :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: & my Ego:ksc75smile:...

according to the maker, Gold Plate supposed to be Balance...

need to wear my horse glasses, where my eye only see straight, avoiding this oil snake...

Sep 12, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #222 of 294
Oh yea, where did you get it?
Let me know if it is online.
I might get it, and I will use it for 668b and 672 that will arrive soon.
The store is local garage workshop in the suburbs, west of my home town, I believe he just hobbyists, he have online store locally...

Sep 12, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #224 of 294
u guys use regular or sheepskin version of brainwavz leather angled earpads? And what do those do to the sound compared to round velours on our beloved hd668b?

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2018 at 1:57 AM Post #225 of 294
Please encourage him to open online storefront or Ebay.
I will try to tell him....

BTW, after using for 2 hours, realize that this cable make 668b a bit sensitive, it's good in the low volume, but when u increase the volume, the noise background appeared... again need to spend time with this again, I am using X5 3rd gen, and Fiio E12A, which is my main gear for mobile usage... Listening Hotel California, can hear the noise background, while I remember never experience this before...

u guys use regular or sheepskin version of brainwavz leather angled earpads? And what do those do to the sound compared to round velours on our beloved hd668b?
I used Angle PU leather, before using dbe Velour pad.
Soundwise, IMO, the PU Angled bring back a decent on low freq, which u loss when using a Velour pad.
and better soundstage ambiance (not wider). good for EDM, high beat music... IMO,
Comfort wise, dbe velour pad still better...

I never try Brainwavz products, but when reading the thread, a lot of them recommended the hybrid sheepskin memory foam... in sound and also comfort...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back