Superlux HD668B are they really that good or just a cheap copycat???
Jul 13, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #182 of 294
Jul 13, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #183 of 294
The preference depends also on the earpads which defines the acsoutic room together with the cup of phones.
Sometimes echoeing (in some degree of reverbarance) chamber gives more sense of fullness, and sometimes the same room can be not preferred by the same reflective and trailing sound.
The same reasoning is applicable to the earpads on your phones.
In my case Brainwavz HM5 on 668b transformed to better in many aspects.
However the appreciation of those improvements took considerable time.

For these reasons there are several headphones with different combination of earpads or cups being justified.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 3:21 AM Post #184 of 294
The preference depends also on the earpads which defines the acsoutic room together with the cup of phones.
Sometimes echoeing (in some degree of reverbarance) chamber gives more sense of fullness, and sometimes the same room can be not preferred by the same reflective and trailing sound.
The same reasoning is applicable to the earpads on your phones.

For these reasons there are several headphones with different combination of earpads or cups being justified.

I see, My experience with Aftermarket pads was quite interesting, IMO, Comfort is not align with SQ. e.g. Velour pad on HD668b really help the comfort... while in other can, using Velour is really affecting the bass...

At first I was thinking that having 1 Can can rule anything.. but when I get deeper in Headphone, they all have style... and then is all back to the user...

Jul 14, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #185 of 294
I see, My experience with Aftermarket pads was quite interesting, IMO, Comfort is not align with SQ. e.g. Velour pad on HD668b really help the comfort... while in other can, using Velour is really affecting the bass...

At first I was thinking that having 1 Can can rule anything.. but when I get deeper in Headphone, they all have style... and then is all back to the user...
I heard recently that the 668B was better for Jazz/Classical while the Samson SR850 is more for modern music. If I knew that ahead of time, I would have bought the 850.

I would love to find an on-ear semi-open/open all-rounder for $50 or so.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #186 of 294

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Pair-Vel...Superlux-HD668B-HD669-Headphones/311928218521

I bought the pads that I gave you the link for. I always wonder what a better pair would do... I guess there's only one way to find out.

Jul 14, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #187 of 294
I heard recently that the 668B was better for Jazz/Classical while the Samson SR850 is more for modern music. If I knew that ahead of time, I would have bought the 850.

I would love to find an on-ear semi-open/open all-rounder for $50 or so.

Based on ur budget, it will be quite search and faster if you join some headphone gathering, discuss and try (the most important). nor go to ur local store... Althought HD668b/SR850 is more in Online store...

When u said ur preferably modern song genre, and u want to stick to HD668b.. keep searching until u can compromise the sound it produce..

Jul 19, 2018 at 11:22 PM Post #188 of 294
These wonderful headphones should be appreciated in this thread by more and more members.
Actually the phones are better appreciated when you describe your impression in positive way. And then you can find more from your phones.
The 668b is absolutely worthy to be discussed and shared its value.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #193 of 294
What does "aird" mean? BTW, I haven't bought them yet.

:ksc75smile:

alrd is short for "Already". sorry for the misunderstanding...
So u haven't bought it.. beside pads, have u try to play with different players like DAP, i found you can boost a bit bass out of it..

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #194 of 294
Superlux HD668b is surprisingly transparent, and has high dynamic range.
I am rotating Nighthawk-Th 900-Hd668b-Takstar pro82 - Fidelio X2 for different music.
The most transparent phone is this among all phones of mine.
I frequently state that there is not necessarily good or bad phone but different phones.
This phone justifies what I declared at least for me.
For the string oriented music or string prominent classical music, this phone is picked up.
With Yulong A18 feed by Fx audio dac x7, it is souring high.
Phone: 30 USD paid year ago, ear pads: 35 USD, and cable 20 USD.( all prices are roughly exact)
It's quite lower price for the sonic pleasure among my other phones.

Aug 26, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #195 of 294
Superlux HD668b is surprisingly transparent, and has high dynamic range.
I am rotating Nighthawk-Th 900-Hd668b-Takstar pro82 - Fidelio X2 for different music.
The most transparent phone is this among all phones of mine.
I frequently state that there is not necessarily good or bad phone but different phones.
This phone justifies what I declared at least for me.
For the string oriented music or string prominent classical music, this phone is picked up.
With Yulong A18 feed by Fx audio dac x7, it is souring high.
Phone: 30 USD paid year ago, ear pads: 35 USD, and cable 20 USD.( all prices are roughly exact)
It's quite lower price for the sonic pleasure among my other phones.

What Cable you used? my existing 1 meter is about to broke, the 3 Meter is to long for mobile used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back