Superlux HD668B are they really that good or just a cheap copycat???
Sep 28, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #241 of 294
Solderdude should coodinate with Massdrop and Superlux to get this moded headphone mass produced.
I like your idea.
Hey Massdrop / Superlux give some attention here and get some idea from Solderdude.

Superlux gets to know the current trend of stiffer cone / dome, and high power motor to get there as in the case of Focal / Audioquest / even Vokyl Erupt example.
They all adopt those concepts.
We will pay for this feature, if you go on that direction.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #243 of 294
What are the best ear pads for the 668B? I heard Dekoni has better quality than Brainwavz but Z Reviews still recommend's the B's?
Mr. Z should listen to so many phones for short period time that is not enough time for full appreciation for any phone, whereas you need to stay with 668b for considerable time.
Your ears / mind have gone through adjustment process for more specific needs of your interpretation of the sound signature through music.
I think your own judgement is far more unique and proper for you than anyone else.
One thing is certain, 668b is unique and good phone that might be better than any phone for certain collection of music for sure.

Oct 1, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #245 of 294
The title (" copycat?" ) of this thread misleads.
Superlux hd668b is unique every way in design for the mechanism, the driver, shape, and the cable.
It is sooo unique.
Please give me example for any hint of copy things.
The title really is discrediting Superlux hd688b.
The sound is simply amazing and makes those super phone unjustified for their price.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 4:44 AM Post #246 of 294
What are the best ear pads for the 668B? I heard Dekoni has better quality than Brainwavz but Z Reviews still recommend's the B's?
for me the pleather angle following is the best for me. https://redirect.viglink.com/?forma...d-Fi.org&txt=http://s.aliexpress.com/meYBbi6f

is not the most comfortable pads, compare to dbe Velour pad..
need a lot of effort to fit it in 668b... with big chance to tear it...
best size for 668b, IMO, 110 cm by 105 cm.. that will be perfectly fit....

again, when u say best, u want the sound or comfort effect...? need to compesate each other. IMO

Oct 2, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #247 of 294
Fokta, are you and your family OK?
My sincere condolences to Indonesians affected by the disaster.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #248 of 294
fokta., are you and your family OK?
My sincere condolences to Indonesians affected by the disaster.
dear @Joong, thank you for the consern, really appreciated.... I lived around 1500 KM from the disaster area(different island) .. so me and family is OK...

Indonesia is a vast of island with variety, included Disaster, unfortunately...

Oct 2, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #250 of 294
for me the pleather angle following is the best for me.
is not the most comfortable pads, compare to dbe Velour pad..
again, when u say best, u want the sound or comfort effect...? need to compesate each other. IMO
I bought cheaper angled pads from aliexpress/ebay and they were trash in sound quality and comfort. I threw them in the trash immediately. They may work on a small head but not a medium/large one. However, I think flat pads would be better for everyone. I now ordered flat pads as I ordered the angled ones by mistake.

Oct 2, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #251 of 294
I bought cheaper angled pads from aliexpress/ebay and they were trash in sound quality and comfort. I threw them in the trash immediately. They may work on a small head but not a medium/large one. However, I think flat pads would be better for everyone. I now ordered flat pads as I ordered the angled ones by mistake.
hahaha... I see... pads is really subjective.
Similar like you, i was ordering flat pads when I got this angled pleather... a bit disappointed, so I used it on my M40x, and make the low freq a little boomy and reduce the high freq (detail). A while I go to IEM. Then you were posting about whic replacement pads that could increase Bass, i tried patching this angled pad to 668b. And my original cable was broken, my curiosity ended up in Gold plate cable (Which is unnecessary). Now this is my go to Headphones , even benchmark if i want to audition.

Again, not the best headphone, but also not the worse. Got the best resolution detail with noise background by using gold plate cable, so I compensate and liked it.

So back to you, @LaughMoreDaily, keep searching that pads you desire, but u also have to make peace to what u are getting. IMHO
Ignorance is a bliss...

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #252 of 294
Again, not the best headphone, but also not the worse. Got the best resolution detail with noise background by using gold plate cable, so I compensate and liked it.

So back to you, @LaughMoreDaily, keep searching that pads you desire, but u also have to make peace to what u are getting. IMHO
Ignorance is a bliss...
There is no the best headphone, but different phones according to my experience with those high-end phones, some of which are known as legendary...
All those hypes are simply about little difference in timbres and nuances, which are all requiring us support through high expense and brave expression to keep the subtlety from breakaway.
I think HD668b is really the best phone that does not requires such an effort.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #253 of 294
i plead my sin, and need to find the end game for this hobby.

YAXI TH900 pad Alcantara

comfort for the skin but the feel a bit the clamping.
sound wise, compromising weaken Bass and getting more clear...

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #254 of 294
i plead my sin, and need to find the end game for this hobby.
Oh, no
you are now navigating into new world departing:airplane_departure: from old which would hold you back by generating sinful feeling in your subconsciousness.
Stay with your logic rather than your feeling.:thumbsup:

Oct 16, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #255 of 294
This 668b has ear friendly treble which is more comfortable than Fidelio X2.
X2's treble lives between on the border of shrilling that gives more sound stage and more resolving ability without congestion in the complex passage.
668b's treble is well within safety zone but when it passes through complex outburst of orchestration I feel some degree of congestion onto upper side.
But those situations are not everyday business.
Whenever I wear this phone, my desire for upgrading phone is quenched.
I consider this phone would have 90% of my possible upgraded sonic quality.
Also it makes me smile for multiple reasons which is not only the cost, but also SQ, my self-content or self-control keeping out my temptation, etc.
How I got back down to 668b from high end planar phones in the past? it should be amazing story.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back