SuperFi 5 Pro Broke, Don't like the TripleFi10 As Much...What To Do?
Aug 7, 2012 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

dman777

New Head-Fier
The plastic housing on one of my Ultimate Ears Super Fi 5 Pro broke. These have been discontinued and I can not buy another pair. I loved the sound signature of these. I have tried the Triple 10's and I didn't like the bass as much on those. To me, the Super Fi 5's weren't as harsh in the treble and the bass was more present and full.

What do I do at this point? I am willing to spend up to $300.00.

Aug 7, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #5 of 31
I've never heard the Super Fi 5 so describe the sound signature your looking for.

Aug 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #8 of 31
Quote:
well, please keep in mind i had the pro version. this version has been discontinued for a few years now.

Understood but if you want people to recommend IEM's it helps to know what type of sound your looking for.

With the limited info you've given I'd say the W2 or maybe the R-50 would be good choices.  Like others have said if you like them that much get them reshelled.

Aug 8, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #11 of 31
After doing some reading...I am trying to decide between Westone 2 and Westone 3..they sound like from the review here that they are kind of like what I had. I want a full Bass presence...not a tight distinguished bass. At the same time...even though I don't want harsh highs....I don't want my high's to be mute. Which one?

Aug 8, 2012 at 7:30 AM Post #12 of 31
Well I can tell you that the TF10 has much more bass impact than the W2 and if you thought the Super Fi 5 Pro had more bass then the TF10 you wont think the W2 has enough.  Now the W3 has plenty but it sound about the same as the TF10's bass, both are get IEM's but the bass might not be to your liking.  

What do you think of dynamic drivers because the EPH-100 might be a good choice also.  It has very good bass with good impact and depth and is very full sounding.  Detailed mids and highs and the highs a very non fatiguing along with a good soundstage.  The GR07 and Atrio MG7 are also good dynamic driver IEM's as well.

I think the BA based IEM that would work for you might just be the Ortofon e-Q5.  It has bass that sounds a lot like a dynamic driver with good impact and depth and the mids and highs are more BA like with very good clarity and detail.  The soundstage is also very good as to the imaging and separation.

Those are my recommendations and gl on your search.

Aug 8, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #13 of 31
From what I've read I believe the W3 has substantially more bass but less definition than TF10 bass. The W2 has a reserved bass on the other hand. I think the W3 will suit you.

Aug 8, 2012 at 7:43 AM Post #14 of 31
UE 600 is selling on Amazon for $50.... This is the successor to SF3pro with improved fit and sound. I'd say the sound signature would be close to SF5 and probably fall somewhere between SF3 and SF5. 

UE 700 is selling for $117, with FREE one-day shipping if you checkout with Discover... this is nice if you want to get it by tomorrow. Think $117 minus one-day shipping fee = something closer to $100 which is a good value for this IEM at this price point.

Quote:
The plastic housing on one of my Ultimate Ears Super Fi 5 Pro broke. These have been discontinued and I can not buy another pair. I loved the sound signature of these. I have tried the Triple 10's and I didn't like the bass as much on those. To me, the Super Fi 5's weren't as harsh in the treble and the bass was more present and full.

What do I do at this point? I am willing to spend up to $300.00.

Aug 8, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #15 of 31
I don't think the Super Fi 5 pro has more bass than the Triple Fi 10. My issue is, the bass in the Triple Fi 10 is to tight and distinguished...or seperated. I like that the Super Fi 5 Pro bass blended more into the music and gave a fuller powerfull sound rather than a seperate bass instrument that could be distinguished. This is only for the bass, I like the rest of the instruments to be distinguished with a clear sound stage. The Super Fi 5 Pro gave a good compromise between the 2 for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back