Speaker amps for headphones
Oct 3, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #1,172 of 3,871
Yeah, nice job, Brunk! I am amazed at how few through-hole components it seems you had to solder, just going by the photos you've provided. It suddenly doesn't look all that intimidating to me. (Last words...)

I've got about half as much soldering to do with this toy robot I've ordered as my first PCB soldering effort... :wink:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VKZBMY

Mike

Oct 3, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #1,173 of 3,871
Yeah, nice job, Brunk! I am amazed at how few through-hole components it seems you had to solder, just going by the photos you've provided. It suddenly doesn't look all that intimidating to me. (Last words...)

I've got about half as much soldering to do with this toy robot I've ordered as my first PCB soldering effort... :wink:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VKZBMY

Mike

Yeah there is only 23 resistors per board. That little robot looks like an excellent first project because some of the holes are close together, and it has alot of different types of parts to help learn schematics. Good choice!

Oct 3, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #1,174 of 3,871
  Here's a finished F5 channel. Ain't that a sight :)

Well I must say the soldering looks quite good.

BTW....what are the burn marks?
Sorry to ask, but.....
Did you let the smoke out of some components?

Oct 3, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #1,175 of 3,871

Well I must say the soldering looks quite good.

BTW....what are the burn marks?
Sorry to ask, but.....
Did you let the smoke out of some components?

Burn marks? I didnt burn anything. Maybe you're seeing some residual flux residue somewhere? Or maybe you're seeing the shadows of the FETs from the back-lighting?Thanks Chris. 

Oct 3, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #1,176 of 3,871
My MG3 24V "travel rig" is ready to go!  Joy!

New foam for the case arrived yesterday.  I've managed to get it all into case in a way that leaves all of the banana plugs connected and ready for use.  I didn't think the case could be closed with the MG3 and the 25.2V LiPo battery upright, but it does.  Yay!

1)  Open the case
2)  Connect headphone cable to LCD-2's mini-XLRs
3)  Connect the LiPo battery and attach alarm/monitor
4)  Connect interconnect cable to PCM-M10
5)  Turn on the MG3 and listen to music!  

Mike

Oct 3, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #1,177 of 3,871

Burn marks? I didnt burn anything. Maybe you're seeing some residual flux residue somewhere? Or maybe you're seeing the shadows of the FETs from the back-lighting?Thanks Chris. 

Nah I think I can see it too Brunk...Just finish the job and send it to me for testing....might take a couple of months. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 3, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #1,178 of 3,871
Very nice! Though I must admit that i lol'd when i imagined you taking this through airport security with all those little wires, black boxes and small devices hehe.
Quote:

New foam for the case arrived yesterday.  I've managed to get it all into case in a way that leaves all of the banana plugs connected and ready for use.  I didn't think the case could be closed with the MG3 and the 25.2V LiPo battery upright, but it does.  Yay!

1)  Open the case

Mike

Yes, I'll be sure to send it to Inspector nk77 for thorough testing. Though i suspect it will "fail" inspection and disappear 
tongue.gif

Nah I think I can see it too Brunk...Just finish the job and send it to me for testing....might take a couple of months. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #1,179 of 3,871

1)  Open the case

Mike

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

fantastic stuff

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #1,180 of 3,871

You using onboard heat sinks?  What does the case look like?

I'll be using this lovely case from the DiyAudio store, I snatched the last one in stock :) Just like the rest of the build, it's slightly overkill too hehe, less heat for the components the better though. The extra price premium is much worth it IMO, because I certainly can't compete with a CNC machine, not to mention that future First Watt boards are ridiculously easy to swap thanks to the mounting specs.

*bow down*

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #1,182 of 3,871
Oct 4, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #1,183 of 3,871
*bow down*

+1

Your "*bow down* reminds me of "Unreal Tournament"  :D  
:D unreal tournament was the schiit when it was hot. Keep me up at night and significantly lowered my grades during my sophomore year in high school lol.

Actually I think counter strike did a better job at lower my grades..

Terrorists win..

Oct 6, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #1,185 of 3,871

Ahhhhh, yes!
The "burn marks" or "smoke" I thought I saw are actually shadows from the backlighting! :xf_eek:

Very cool, enjoy! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back