Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7
Jul 23, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #5,372 of 9,173
Agreed!!!

They are fantastic with games also, imo.

Plugged into the PS4 controller (I know Bluetooth audio and all that) audio just goes to another level. I can hear details completely absent from just using the TV soundbar or my amp.

Happier than the proverbial piggy.

Jul 23, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #5,373 of 9,173
I have not found anything that these are not good at. They are even great earmuffs! :smiley:

For me, these are the perfect headphones to listen to trance. Really good bass with forward mid tone. Perfecto for me :D

Jul 24, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #5,375 of 9,173
wow that looks awesome but the headphones should be placed the other way around .. unless you like it that way :)

Jul 25, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #5,378 of 9,173

Thanks Jason! awesome kicks! Was going to buy a PHA-3 but went home with this instead!! :D

Pretty sick rig there buddy. I'm sure it sounds as good as it looks! Are those Sony monitor speakers as well?

Jul 25, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #5,380 of 9,173
Question guys and girls

I have readed a lot about that legend that is the mdr-r10.
That wood that sexy shape and THAT SOUND.
The point is, most of the reviews around described the sound in a way that most of us describes the sound of the mdr-z7.
Does anyone ever listen to both of them to compare the sound?

Jul 25, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #5,381 of 9,173
  Yessir :) 

What is, and where did you get those wall treatments behind the speakers? I'm kind of interested in trying this. My local audio shop used to use little wooden cubes to create the irregular surface, but what I see above seems to be a lot easier to implement. Thanks.

Jul 26, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #5,382 of 9,173
Question guys and girls

I have readed a lot about that legend that is the mdr-r10.
That wood that sexy shape and THAT SOUND.
The point is, most of the reviews around described the sound in a way that most of us describes the sound of the mdr-z7.
Does anyone ever listen to both of them to compare the sound?

There was quite a bit of variation in the R10, but roughly it has HD800-levels of detail with somewhat to quite a bit warmer sound. I'm not sure I'd ever say it sounds like the Z7 though.

I just got the Z7s off my shelf and started listening with them again. They have damping added to the cups to even out the sound a bit, but I'm still pretty impressed by them even with the HE1000s here.

Jul 26, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #5,383 of 9,173
There was quite a bit of variation in the R10, but roughly it has HD800-levels of detail with somewhat to quite a bit warmer sound. I'm not sure I'd ever say it sounds like the Z7 though.

I just got the Z7s off my shelf and started listening with them again. They have damping added to the cups to even out the sound a bit, but I'm still pretty impressed by them even with the HE1000s here.

What exactly so you think needs damping? I personally do not feel that they need to be amended in any regards. I have the impression that they play in a much higher league than their price tag lets you think.

Jul 26, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #5,384 of 9,173
So I gifted my Z7's to my son when he turned 16.  He's used them more than I ever would have and I have to give him credit that he has handled them gently considering his age.  BUT...he got the bright idea to take them with him on a trip with some friends.  Needless to say, there was some damage to the 3.5mm connector and now only one channel plays.  Anyone know how to take it apart or where I can get the 3.5mm replaced?  I need to either fix them for him or have them repaired.  Would appreciate any thoughts/recommendations.  I do not want to go to balanced....just repair the 3.5mm connector.

Thanks.

HS 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back