Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7
Nov 19, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #3,361 of 9,173
I say yay and for me, I even like it straight from my LG G3. I think I will try my denon home stereo receiver tonight just to see how it does.

Nov 19, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #3,365 of 9,173
Will they make your coffee taste better?
Will they improve your sex life?
Will they be the answer to the world food problem?
Will they grant Hilary Clinton's seat at the White house in 2016?
Will they be the answer of every thinkable problem?

And in response to the next five posts: No, they will not.

Thanks for the response! :)

Nov 19, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #3,367 of 9,173
Didn't someone say there is more to come by Sony?
If so i'd expect similar cans with wood cups and/maybe changed/improved drivers.

Nov 19, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #3,368 of 9,173
Didn't someone say there is more to come by Sony?
If so i'd expect similar cans with wood cups and/maybe changed/improved drivers.
No, they were talking about an upcoming flagship from another manufacturer.

Nov 19, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #3,369 of 9,173

They grow on you, so yes.  But I would understand if someone wanted to hold off and see if the price drops...

I agree that they grow on you, but they do so very quickly.

The great SQ and great comfort has made it difficult to
listen to any other headphones.

I am really, really pleased with these.  Sony once again
tried something slightly different and came up with
something superb.

Nov 19, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #3,371 of 9,173
talk about lack of synergy! I tried my Denon home stereo receiver headphone jack and it made the Z7 sound like a mess! Guess that will not be one of my choices for an amp LOL.

Nov 19, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #3,372 of 9,173
BTW I am in the same group as zazex as I have a hard time listening to my other headphones now. These have basically flipped my away from my usual brighter headphones and IEM's. These are warm but in a way that is just so enjoyable and non fatiguing. I have owned and reviewed a lot of headphones and IEM's that were non fatiguing but at the cost of excitement and immersion. The Z7 manages to stay exciting  and immersive for me. I know for others they will be just to relaxed but  in the end it's all about what I like anyway.

Nov 19, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #3,373 of 9,173
prob my next headphone for sure. Almost wish I didn't cancel but I don't regret the blackwood at all though. Was thinking of that Ultrasone 880 but I don't want any sibilance. That wouldn't last long around here.

Nov 20, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #3,374 of 9,173
Honestly, these have their place on the market right now, I'd take them over the TH600 in all aspects (build, sound, comfort), at $50-100 less. 

I was just massively disappointed that they couldn't even match their grandfather, let alone fix its problems. I was hoping these would help Sony would pull themselves out of the recent hole they've dug themselves into and spark another era of excellence from them. But alas, it is not to be. Maybe they'll do something amazing with the PS4 or a new handheld.

Nov 20, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #3,375 of 9,173
  Honestly, these have their place on the market right now, I'd take them over the TH600 in all aspects (build, sound, comfort), at $50-100 less. 

I was just massively disappointed that they couldn't even match their grandfather, let alone fix its problems. I was hoping these would help Sony would pull themselves out of the recent hole they've dug themselves into and spark another era of excellence from them. But alas, it is not to be. Maybe they'll do something amazing with the PS4 or a new handheld.

Awww come on my friend. That sounds like more of a praise than let down. I already know you don't like the th600, it is not my favorite either, but with all due respect the th600 is worth its current price for the simple fact that a lot of the current headphones in its price range can't beat it in technicalities and sound quality. There are the more likable ones but that is only according to personal preference. 

If the z7 beats the th600 technically then at 500 I better jump on it as soon as I can. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back