Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Feb 6, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #7,516 of 8,248
Man.. that EQ can kill someone!

rs_500x210-150603125232-anigif_enhanced-buzz-11799-1403287509-4.gif
will definitely kill the amp with all that bass boost :)

Feb 6, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #7,517 of 8,248
There is a guide for the regions, but for combos .... I don't know.
https://cdn.head-fi.org/a/11924823.xlsx
Credit to @Mindstorms
Thanks, I have that one which is for the stock configurations, I was wanting to see one for the more recent Walkman One firmwares.

It appears that I was the first one to share this chart on the threads. Mindstorms had shared with me in a message, and at that time I was a new owner of a WM1A, and new to the threads, and assumed that the chart was well known and that he was just kindly bringing to my attention. As English isn't his first language I hadn't understood from his wording in his brief message that I wasn't actually supposed to share. I appreciate him personally sharing with me, and I don't know why he didn't want to share this valuable guide on the thread himself, perhaps he hadn't finished it yet, but I'm just officially putting out my apology here to him:

Apologies @Mindstorms, outstanding work, much appreciated time and efforts, this is a valuable guide for any Walkman owner.

Feb 6, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #7,518 of 8,248
Thanks, I have that one which is for the stock configurations, I was wanting to see one for the more recent Walkman One firmwares.

It appears that I was the first one to share this chart on the threads. Mindstorms had shared with me in a message, and at that time I was a new owner of a WM1A, and new to the threads, and assumed that the chart was well known and that he was just kindly bringing to my attention. As English isn't his first language I hadn't understood from his wording in his brief message that I wasn't actually supposed to share. I appreciate him personally sharing with me, and I don't know why he didn't want to share this valuable guide on the thread himself, perhaps he hadn't finished it yet, but I'm just officially putting out my apology here to him:

Apologies @Mindstorms, outstanding work, much appreciated time and efforts, this is a valuable guide for any Walkman owner.
Totally agree on this! Very usable and an important tool to get one in the right direction! :)

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #7,520 of 8,248
Feb 7, 2023 at 7:31 PM Post #7,524 of 8,248
Feb 8, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #7,527 of 8,248
I don't know why sony daps have such low gain. I guess it's to increase battery life or something.. They don't have nearly enough volume for some of my hard to drive iems.
Limitation of the S-Master digital amp in a Walkman-size device.

Feb 8, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #7,529 of 8,248
not for long it seems?
No, still the same limitation, but MrWalkman has somehow managed to unlock Sony's failsafe. Be aware that doubling the volume increases heat and greatly shortens battery life. No such thing as a free lunch. 😉

Feb 8, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #7,530 of 8,248
No, still the same limitation, but MrWalkman has somehow managed to unlock Sony's failsafe. Be aware that doubling the volume increases heat and greatly shortens battery life. No such thing as a free lunch. 😉
That's fine with me, nayparm is there to mod the battery for that :) now this dap will have a normal battery life instead of 20 hours haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back