Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Oct 6, 2022 at 7:13 PM Post #7,276 of 8,226
Sorry that I'm sure this has been asked but I didnt find anything recent regarding Mac OS. Is there an EDU on how to install this on a newer Mac running the silicon chips? or do I have to find a PC?
With Apple Silicon you might be able to run a Windows VM using VirtualBox or Parallels. Otherwise find a cheap PC or borrow one.

Oct 6, 2022 at 9:16 PM Post #7,277 of 8,226
Sorry that I'm sure this has been asked but I didnt find anything recent regarding Mac OS. Is there an EDU on how to install this on a newer Mac running the silicon chips? or do I have to find a PC?
There are no Mac installer so you’ll have to use a Windows virtual machine on the Mac or a Windows pc

Oct 10, 2022 at 8:07 AM Post #7,279 of 8,226
That was the only fw version that never worked for me, kept crashing the dap every few hours, never experienced that with any other Sony dap before or after or any other fw version, stock or custom
you can try chameleon... its the same sound sig in mx3 allways been the most clinical to my ears all others sound like modified sound.

Oct 10, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #7,280 of 8,226
you can try chameleon... its the same sound sig in mx3 allways been the most clinical to my ears all others sound like modified sound.
I’m very happy with my current combo

WM1Z sig, J3, PlusV2, Alt dac

Oct 10, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #7,281 of 8,226
WM1Z sig, J3, PlusV2 here on my 1A and 1Z.

Oct 10, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #7,282 of 8,226

All the same but normal dac for me on 1A. Best combo by far for me.

Oct 11, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #7,283 of 8,226
WM1Z sig, J3, PlusV2 here on my 1A and 1Z.
This. All of a sudden, it all sound so goooood! Highly recommended. I truly suspect my listningsskills have improved and maybe I have stopped listning! Big difference there!
I have turned the higher gain option on for my outdoor use (and it work's for me)! Thank you Mr.Walkman :)

Oct 11, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #7,284 of 8,226

Ups! Lookout57 is also right here, but I was ment to quote nc8000!
This. All of a sudden, it all sound so goooood! Highly recommended. I truly suspect my listningsskills have improved and maybe I have stopped listning! Big difference there!
I have turned the higher gain option on for my outdoor use (and it work's for me)! Thank you Mr.Walkman :)

Oct 12, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #7,285 of 8,226
Hey Everyone,

Please can someone help regarding stuck on the logo screen with Walkman One firmware update, Sony NW-A35. I had the J region for sound / volune limit removal running for some time but recently saw MrWalkman firmware and how much better it was etc, I wanted to connect this to my new Topping amp that's connected to my Rotel power amp then to my floorstanding speakers. Problem I have is the walkman got stuck halfway after the restart and now won't boot past the orange logo, windows device manager sees it as a Walkman but that's about as far as it goes.

All the best

Dan

Oct 12, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #7,286 of 8,226
Hey Everyone,

Please can someone help regarding stuck on the logo screen with Walkman One firmware update, Sony NW-A35. I had the J region for sound / volune limit removal running for some time but recently saw MrWalkman firmware and how much better it was etc, I wanted to connect this to my new Topping amp that's connected to my Rotel power amp then to my floorstanding speakers. Problem I have is the walkman got stuck halfway after the restart and now won't boot past the orange logo, windows device manager sees it as a Walkman but that's about as far as it goes.

All the best

Dan

Hello, I'm not sure what could've happened to get you into this situation.

I'll get back to you with a solution when I'll have some time for this.

Oct 13, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #7,288 of 8,226
Hey Happy to donate if you could lend a min to help me force flash this thing :) I've literally tried and looked everywhere for a way to resolve to no avail.

Oct 14, 2022 at 4:48 AM Post #7,289 of 8,226
Hey Happy to donate if you could lend a min to help me force flash this thing :) I've literally tried and looked everywhere for a way to resolve to no avail.

I'll get back to you this evening (it's 11:47 right now). There's no need to "pay" me for this, no worries.

Oct 14, 2022 at 5:20 AM Post #7,290 of 8,226
There are ever fewer principled people these days @MrWalkman is very far from that. He will always help those in a bind with CFW. I don't run CFW for my own reasons, equally it's arguable that @MrWalkman has done more for the Sony DAP's than Sony,,,

TLDR - Thx

Q-6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back