Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Sep 17, 2022 at 3:54 AM Post #7,261 of 8,204
Hey, I'm still around, and the update is gonna come at some point. I posted some info on the blog and the link to the Walkman One with J1, J2, and J3 for WM1A/Z as well. :)

There are no other builds for other devices at the moment.

By the way, I just changed the domain from www.nwmods.ml to www.mrwalkman.com - it may take a few hours or something in order for it to start working. Accessing www.nwmods.ml will redirect you to www.mwalkman.com automatically.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2022 at 11:40 PM Post #7,262 of 8,204
Sep 18, 2022 at 3:04 AM Post #7,263 of 8,204
Hey, I'm still around, and the update is gonna come at some point. I posted some info on the blog and the link to the Walkman One with J1, J2, and J3 for WM1A/Z as well. :)

There are no other builds for other devices at the moment.

By the way, I just changed the domain from www.nwmods.ml to www.mrwalkman.com - it may take a few hours or something in order for it to start working. Accessing www.nwmods.ml will redirect you to www.mwalkman.com automatically.
Great news! Very thanks

Sep 18, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #7,264 of 8,204
Do check to see that the DNS servers are properly configured.

Yes, it should be fine now, at least for most people (until the DNS records are propagating everywhere).

Sep 27, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #7,266 of 8,204
That was the only fw version that never worked for me, kept crashing the dap every few hours, never experienced that with any other Sony dap before or after or any other fw version, stock or custom

Sep 28, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #7,269 of 8,204
Hello Mr.Walkman, I'm using your firmware for A55 and I discover error when creating playlist. I click the tick botton after typing the playlist name but it doesn't response, so I have to reboot the system. And when I tried to reinstall the official firmware it keep saying "connect the target device to the computer with USB cable." I need your help :frowning2:
Thanks

Sep 28, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #7,270 of 8,204
Hello Mr.Walkman, I'm using your firmware for A55 and I discover error when creating playlist. I click the tick botton after typing the playlist name but it doesn't response, so I have to reboot the system. And when I tried to reinstall the official firmware it keep saying "connect the target device to the computer with USB cable." I need your help :frowning2:
Thanks
The last error is normally because you don’t follow the 2 step procedure described in the documentation to go back to stock. I assume you are using WalkmanOne fw ?

Sep 28, 2022 at 11:28 PM Post #7,271 of 8,204
The last error is normally because you don’t follow the 2 step procedure described in the documentation to go back to stock. I assume you are using WalkmanOne fw ?
Thank you. I will read it carefully after I return home.

Sep 29, 2022 at 4:04 AM Post #7,272 of 8,204
Many thanks! I've reinstall the official fw. I might misunderstand the text on the website and I thought "StockRevert" folder was used to restore user settings.

Oct 2, 2022 at 3:41 AM Post #7,273 of 8,204
I've tried many combinations on the a55 Walkman but am having a tough time finding the best match for male vocals. Don't need excellent bass or nothing but just after thick and natural vocals that convey emotions well without the added warmth that usually masks the sound and becomes dull. Anyone have any recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back