Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Dec 21, 2020 at 11:09 PM Post #2,776 of 8,242
OCC Silver

Dec 22, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #2,777 of 8,242
The koss porta pros detail retrieval improves significantly gently if placed on high gain (SE) I wish I had some one mod them to MMCX mod so that I could put a 4.4 cable on them

Dec 22, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #2,779 of 8,242
IER NW500NE
IMG_20201222_141120.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #2,780 of 8,242
thanks would you buy silver or copper?
Copper will be warmer, silver will be brighter. Only you can decide as what IEM using will determine. Or you can opt for a mix of both
Copper & Silver.jpg

I opted for this as that was the original HP cable layout. TBH the differences are subtle as best unless coming from a poor quality cable.

Q-6

Attachments

• IMG_20201122_041744.jpg
    IMG_20201122_041744.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Dec 22, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #2,781 of 8,242
Personally, I would get silver, as I find it better for vocals and micro details. Bass heads like copper, I believe. But a good silver cable is good in bass also. As with everything, you get what you pay for, so cheaper prices will (in general), have lower quality materials. But the plus is that you can try more of them, and get an idea of the sound of each, and find out what you prefer. And some inexpensive cables sound very good. One brand of cable that I have found to be very good for the money is HanSound, a Taiwan company. Unfortunately they are not as widely distributed, so need to search for a store that carries them. Or buy online. . They are in general less expensive than comparable brands, and I think they are much better, in each price category, than other more expensive brands.

Oh, and a standard disclaimer that I am of sound mind, and age, and make these choices freely. Nobody has brainwashed me into believing that cables can make a difference to SQ. And I further acertain that any waste of money on possibly placebo influenced effects is done willingly, and with an open mind and understanding that I am doing so.

Dec 22, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #2,782 of 8,242

I prefer the Lavri Grand silver over the Axios CU on my MDR-Z1R but a cable is the last tuning after all else is in place

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #2,783 of 8,242
Thank you all for the responses! Its great help to me... I only have this two choices sorry if im off topic here.
I really like the looks of the silver one my only doubt if its i will regret buying it since aparently copper has the best bass response (dinamic sound) and warmer mids and forgiving highs all desirable to me! but it might be a myth since SPC its also a copper cable inside right? anyone has experience on comparing pure copper vs SPC? I have very cheap silver plated cables... and i feel they are can of thin sounding but with better definition overall vs a cheap copper cable, also this will be my first experience on BALANCED.. so since i really like dinamic sound i think as much as I love the silver plated copper colour with my 1A it could be a bad choice... dough some people its allso telling me I cant go wrong since for the prince neither will be excellent sound cable... sill open for any opinions dough i have good material now vs yesterday for a decition! thanks to all answers! my plan its stay in 3.00 FW and use it with BL01, Revonext QT2 and BQEYZ BQ3 wich i love all i was also reading that Sony Kimber Cables are copper inside but gold plated since im very ingnorant in cable logics i deduced two things first im miles away from the quality of a kimber cable (haha pretty obvius first one) and second this cable has many threads so i think the thinner the cable maybe the less bass and less copper inside? in favor silver plated so anyone out there with knoledge about this will much apreciate any education since logic tells me go copper dough its ugly! prety much i was looking for a excuse to get the silver haha... but i cant find it!

Untitled.pngUntitled2.png

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #2,784 of 8,242
i wish i could move this two post to generic walkmant talk... like we used to have.
I will just say this after a short experiment with a cheap KZ silver plated cable vs standard cable on my revonext wich i can confirm its better than my KZ stock one since i can clearly hear distortion on the later...

This is only my point today cables do CHANGE and AFFECT sound in many ways so those saying cables do not affect sound cant really hear the change. (my experiment its via Single End)

KZ stock Cable
Horrible distorted sound at high volumes its so distorted it becomes intermitent due to sound CONGESTION

Revonext Stock cable
much better sound than the stock KZ also has 1000 hs burning at least... dont really know if this is a factor... very relaxed sound bass gets really low to the point it becomes boomy and loosen mids are dispersed in comparison with my next cable... the silver plated.. bass gets the atention here not the mids and highs so it kinds of sound more difuse i dont know if the word its mellow... i have get very used to this kind of sound to the point that i really enjoy bass boom in my music for clinical more accurate listening the silver wins hans down.. but if i have to pick a relaxed dinamic cable this would be the one.

KZ silver plated twisted cable supodsely 4 nucleus or threads for what it worth 8US
its sounds 5% louder at same volume.. sounds gets like tight more presice sounding you can really feel the holografic diference.. at the expense of the bass boom dont really know how much can this cable can improve with some burning but it definitely shines for the sound positioning and really high volume and clarity... mids and highs get more atention bass gets corrected so it does not boom and loose control anymore. Staging gets more defined.

If you guys have any similar experiences will be nice to know also if someone can help me move this two post from this therat will be awesome!

My only regret its being so deam lazy i didnt do this experiment sometime ago so i can burning the silver one... so thats bad!
Iem Revonext QT2 15ohm impedance

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #2,786 of 8,242
Jump to the wagon a bit late but loving the sound so far. Execellent works, @MrWalkman.
In wm1a and fe, is high gain badly affect the sound?

I use high gain with no problem with both my Z1R

Dec 23, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #2,788 of 8,242
I use high gain with no problem with both my Z1R
I found I didn't need hi gain with the MDR-Z1R on the 1A or 1Z and max out at volume at 90.

Dec 23, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #2,789 of 8,242
I found I didn't need hi gain with the MDR-Z1R on the 1A or 1Z and max out at volume at 90.

I just slightly prefer the sound on high gain. For pure volume normal gain is plenty for both Z1R

Dec 23, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #2,790 of 8,242
hello, for those who want more power do it modded by Nayparm.

To my understanding that does not give any more power and I hvae not noticed any difference in that aspect after the mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Back