Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Jan 4, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #2,718 of 7,711
  We can probably see a word wide release of the Sony NW-ZX1 since it will be released in Asia in Feb -14 according to this....

http://www.sony-asia.com/corporate/resources/en_AP/pdf/AP%2830December13%29-WalkmanZX1fromSony.pdf

The premium Walkman® NWZ-ZX1 from Sony will be available in Asia Pacific from
February 2014 onwards.

from the description...

The flagship Walkman® NWZ-ZX1 comes with 128GB of built-in memory capable of storing High-Resolution Audio content equivalent to approximately 800 songs4. It is the largest capacity Walkman® ever produced by Sony, and also allows for storage of your entire audio collection with expansion via its memory card slot. Viewing of the large library of high-quality music files is made easy with its brilliant 4-inch (854 x 480 pixel) TRILUMINOS™ Display for mobile touchscreen.

What... there is no card-slot.

Jan 4, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #2,719 of 7,711
  from the description...

The flagship Walkman®

You don't mean to tell me that all you guys forgot to open the small flap on the side ...
biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #2,722 of 7,711
Cons:

Volume capped

That remains to be seen. Volume depends not only on the DAP, but also on the earphones. Therefore the European volume cap regulations require a device to stay below a certain volume when used with the included earphones. The Japanese NW-ZX1 comes without earphones, so strictly speaking there is no need for a cap, because as delivered the ZX1 cannot produce any volume. Sounds silly, but Sony's digital recorders (PCM-D1 and so on) also all come without earphones, and they do not seem to be capped (I have not yet dared to go beyound 6/10 on my D1 for fear of breaking my ears and/or my phones...). We will have to see whether a European ZX1 also comes without earphones; if so, then there might be no cap.

Jan 4, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #2,723 of 7,711
  from the description...

The flagship Walkman® NWZ-ZX1 comes with 128GB of built-in memory capable of storing High-Resolution Audio content equivalent to approximately 800 songs4. It is the largest capacity Walkman® ever produced by Sony, and also allows for storage of your entire audio collection with expansion via its memory card slot. Viewing of the large library of high-quality music files is made easy with its brilliant 4-inch (854 x 480 pixel) TRILUMINOS™ Display for mobile touchscreen.

Can't believe nobody is asking this question:

Is it possible that there will be a version with a SD card slot when it's released world wide?

Jan 4, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #2,725 of 7,711
That or someone really has made a naughty error. I suspect the latter unfortunately?

Jan 4, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #2,729 of 7,711
The ZX1 has landed. Loading up some songs to give it a good listen with my SE5. I can tell anyone worried about power, this thing can drive the SE5 with ease. I haven't gone past 50% yet, other than a few songs that I had to crank it up and groove. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back