Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Jan 5, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #2,747 of 7,711
So I tried it again and left it idle overnight. In around 6 hours it dropped 3% on the battery. 20 hour battery life on flac with hi res doesn't seem too far fetched now. 

Jan 5, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #2,748 of 7,711
So I tried it again and left it idle overnight. In around 6 hours it dropped 3% on the battery. 20 hour battery life on flac with hi res doesn't seem too far fetched now. 

How?? I loose 5-7% battery overnight when mine is off... Any settings im missing or something?

Jan 5, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #2,751 of 7,711
Well my 4 year old iphone 4 has a much faster processer and can do 65 hours music playback of 400 aac/flac and loses next to nothing when in idle; I have not charged it for over 2 weeks with a lot of usage, meanwhile even though I only use zx1 for music is absolutely needs to be charged every day. Some optimization issues I think...

Jan 5, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #2,752 of 7,711
Well my 4 year old iphone 4 has a much faster processer and can do 65 hours music playback of 400 aac/flac and loses next to nothing when in idle; I have not charged it for over 2 weeks with a lot of usage, meanwhile even though I only use zx1 for music is absolutely needs to be charged every day. Some optimization issues I think...

It's a single software that's supposed to run across multiple hardware combinations.

Jan 5, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #2,753 of 7,711
  Wow! You guys don't have a charger or is the electricity really expensive?

I was just testing out the battery a bit since there was some talk some pages back about horrible battery life. If I could find some place to put the dap while music is running without me hearing the music I would test out how long the battery would last from full battery to near full discharge.

Jan 5, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #2,754 of 7,711
Losing interest on the player as people reporting that can't replace a good stack, nothing had really changed.

With excellent apps like USB Audio Player Pro coming out on Android and fixing Android's bad audio limitation, my Z1 with my portable DAC/Amp sounding better than ever with 24bit support. I would really like to compare the ZX1 with my Z1 stack side by side.

Jan 5, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #2,755 of 7,711
It's a single software that's supposed to run across multiple hardware combinations.

Yeah makes sense, kind of like pcs and consoles. Ive had an iphone of some sort since literally the first day iphone 1 was released and this is my first android device so its just a little annoying lol... For pcs vs macs I kind of dislike macs with a passion but I love their phones, for me anyway these last forever and never have glitches or fail.

Back on topic I disabled pretty much everything possible in zx1 settings that could be leaching idle battery so ill test the battery drain tonight on idle.

Jan 5, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #2,756 of 7,711
Losing interest on the player as people reporting that can't replace a good stack, nothing had really changed.

With excellent apps like USB Audio Player Pro coming out on Android and fixing Android's bad audio limitation, my Z1 with my portable DAC/Amp sounding better than ever with 24bit support. I would really like to compare the ZX1 with my Z1 stack side by side.

It sounds even par or not slightly better than my Pico DAC/amp combocombo via USB digital out connection. You will never be able able to get that kind of performance unless Sony increases the size substantially. After all the limitation is in the physical space. Given the zx1 able to compete head on with the AK120 while being a complete package is quite remarkable enough. It also substantially cheaper to boot. You may have to spend over 2k on the AK240 to get what u want sound wise.

Jan 5, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #2,758 of 7,711
Yeah makes sense, kind of like pcs and consoles. Ive had an iphone of some sort since literally the first day iphone 1 was released and this is my first android device so its just a little annoying lol... For pcs vs macs I kind of dislike macs with a passion but I love their phones, for me anyway these last forever and never have glitches or fail.

Back on topic I disabled pretty much everything possible in zx1 settings that could be leaching idle battery so ill test the battery drain tonight on idle.

Just give it time. Android is even more open than PCs.
Go into settings and then battery to see which apps/components are draining the battery.

Jan 5, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #2,759 of 7,711

Today I tested PHA-2 with ZX1 -> ES5 for an hour or two and there is no way I could justify buying it or carrying it with me. Slight improvment on sound to my ears, but cery similar. Biggest thing I noticed was slightly less grain on highs, ES5 have almost no grain in highs and with PHA-2 it was completely gone. Overall slightly more coherant. Also, no hiss, with zx1 I get a little hiss. However, not worth carrying something tripple the size with me :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back